Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wait for Jack is killing me.

0_15c517_3de4064d_orig

0_15c516_852f0846_orig

0_15c515_d1abd671_orig

As someone with a giant fetish for shades of tan...

m3kVXHQ.gif

The lighting for those pics sort of washes out the figure. Had to take a look at the front page to remind myself of his potential. I'd love to see this one release on time since it's around my bday but I'm not that foolish. lol

PD1494916260O7l.jpg

Yeah, that's true. The serious face is dead on. I still think the smiling head is very close though.

Not selling my DX06 for this one. It was my first and still favorite HT piece. Still perfectly happy with it. The ship wheel base is so much better IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id love a Barbossa and Will Turner, so many possibilities with this line but yes it's unfortunate we only get Jack.

Disappointing how they kinda just let this one go. So many figures they could’ve done from all the Pirates movies. Even if they only have the license for DMTNT, just characters like Barbossa, Will, and Salazar would’ve been nice.

What really bums me out is that we didn't get a simple Salazar figure. I would've settled for the Salazar that Diamond Select was going to release until they cancelled the Select Pirates line. Instead the only Salazar merch we got were caricature figures (I.E., Funko Pop, Minimates, etc). But I guess that's better than nothing.

Well this one figure is taking nearly a year for release so a full line would take forever, I’m going crazy waiting for Jack.

What show is that at, something recent?

Love the weathering on the display base. Jack himself is starting to look like he's been taken to too many shows and the display people are starting to not care how nicely he's presented.

The base is amazing, really loving this guy. I think I'll be posing mine with the smirking head though as that's more in tune to Jacks character.

I’m actually liking this base better than the Pearl wheel. I was looking at a pic I’d taken of my DX06 display and as fitting as the wheel is for Jack, it doesn’t feel like an environment, this base gives a context to put the figure in and comes off like a statue base. If the wheel included real ship elements for Jack to stand on beside the cardboard floor, it would feel more like a diorama.

I was going through stills the other day and noticed, based on the proto and limited con photos, this seems like the face they were going for on the second sculpt, and given Depp's anatomy in the present, it doesn't seem far off, but an updated, better version of the smirk like DX06 would still be preferable, I have noticed they don't seem to include that head on display at any of the conventions.

34.jpg

Back