Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, mine has the pirate brand and sparrow tatt as well. I had Badmother customs make them way back when the DX06 came out. The P isn?t accurate as I?d like it to be but it gets the job done.

I just finished making my animal pelts for DMC/AWE this evening as Rzez work got me inspired. I?m pretty much done with my Jack at the moment until I decide what to do about the jacket and/or boots
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
Glad I could inspire you to work some more on your Jack! [emoji16]

Here are some more things I did last night and this morning.

Weather the boots.
Repainted and weathered the baldric
Covered up the "x" (which proved more difficult than I anticipated. [emoji1])
Repainted and weathered the UU Tricorn. Added real "stitches" to it. ZomboMeme 11032020102746.jpgZomboMeme 11032020123032.jpgIMG_20200311_131602_019.jpg20200311_131805.jpgIMG_20200311_104802_323.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hat looks great, I like the Curse hat colors best, it breaks things up with his whole look, everything kind of has the overall same tone in 2 and 3, don’t care for the part 4 hat, 5 actually is the closest to looking like Curse since.

Boots look great too, one aspect I don’t like about the movies outside of 1-3 is how clean things started to look, in 4 especially, Jack and Gibbs look super clean and “Hollywood”, 5 brought back some of the worn look, but they’re Pirates, it looks weird to look glammed up.

Hat looks great, I like the Curse hat colors best, it breaks things up with his whole look, everything kind of has the overall same tone in 2 and 3, don?t care for the part 4 hat, 5 actually is the closest to looking like Curse since.

Boots look great too, one aspect I don?t like about the movies outside of 1-3 is how clean things started to look, in 4 especially, Jack and Gibbs look super clean and ?Hollywood?, 5 brought back some of the worn look, but they?re Pirates, it looks weird to look glammed up.
Thanks! Agreed 100% on his looks changing

After doing this bash his outfit really is broken up in many colors and really kinda pops. The red with the blue and brown etc.

Later sequels it feels muted and as another collector put it: looks "over cooked" [emoji1]

I prefer the more simpler look too. Later sequels he just looks too busy.

DMC and AWE are ok though. Pretty happy medium.

Here is my showcase video!
https://youtu.be/74ZqNcBrpEw

Thanks again to you guys for helping me out!

He came out great, definitely a Jack to be proud of.

I think one of the most fun things is how so many of us have put our personal touches into making OUR Jack figures and getting to see the unique passions and visions on display.

He came out great, definitely a Jack to be proud of.

I think one of the most fun things is how so many of us have put our personal touches into making OUR Jack figures and getting to see the unique passions and visions on display.

I'm definitely pretty proud of this one I must admit! Thanks!
I was just talking to my wife about that exact same thing about why I love this hobby is not only the work I can do to improve these figures but also getting to share this passion with other collectors and seeing what they do with theirs. And being able to help each other out with tips and what not. That's one of the better aspects of this hobby when it's not being toxic. [emoji1]

Indy and Jack are two of my top characters and I've spent so much time and money in putting together solid Indys over the last few years Its been fun and refreshing to work on Jackie Boy!

I totally agree, MaulFan. Always love seeing everyone?s take on their Jack and it?s usually all different

Love it Rzez :clap I really love your jacket more than anything but you?ve done a great job

I worked on my boots today and love how they came out. I over did the weathering on the pants, so I need to washed them and see how they look after they dry. Then we?ll see if I?m courageous enough to tackle the jacket

I totally agree, MaulFan. Always love seeing everyone?s take on their Jack and it?s usually all different

Love it Rzez :clap I really love your jacket more than anything but you?ve done a great job

I worked on my boots today and love how they came out. I over did the weathering on the pants, so I need to washed them and see how they look after they dry. Then we?ll see if I?m courageous enough to tackle the jacket
Thanks! Really, if it wasnt for you guys help I don't know where to even begin. Which sounds silly being such a huge fan of Jack. But I really didnt know what pieces I needed and didnt want to waste money if I didn't have to.

For the Jacket the paint I used to weather it was "Fabric Creations" Grey Mist. Hope that helps! [emoji2526][emoji879][emoji2936][emoji95][emoji2935]

I applaud Rz getting the jacket so good the first go, took me a DX06 coat and 2 DX15s to finally get it right. Application is a breeze, at least it was for me, the hard part I had was getting the shade right, my DX06 came out cool gray, then my first DX15 ended up with a green tint, my final pass was a proper warm gray.

The coat has always been my main mission for customizing, and the more figures that came out with it wrong, the more determined I was to make it right.

I forget where I found this and who created it, but it's a haired Sparrow I'd come by online, figured I'd share it here among those who appreciate it.

35001409_2176460269250173_7936881748036550656_n.jpg

I forget where I found this and who created it, but it's a haired Sparrow I'd come by online, figured I'd share it here among those who appreciate it.

View attachment 480898
Yeah this looks like the one that just recently sold on Facebook. I think the previous owner was Keith Baltazar. Its definitely very well done.

I’m not crazy about the blonde but it’s accurate and well done. One thing I like with the HT stock hair on DX06 and DX15 is that it’s light but not as blonde as the movie.

I?m not crazy about the blonde but it?s accurate and well done. One thing I like with the HT stock hair on DX06 and DX15 is that it?s light but not as blonde as the movie.
Yeah I'm not big on the blonde either.
Wow man! You nailed it. :clap
Love the pose! Your figure looks pretty much like a Madam Tussaud Jack in 1/6 scale.

QlfWldZ.jpg
Thanks a lot man!

Damn! I wish I would have seen that for reference! That looks great!!
Granted it applies for pirates 2-3, but this video from the DVD is a great reference.

Nice! I'll have to check it out later, thanks!

Damn! I wish I would have seen that for reference! That looks great!!
Nice! I'll have to check it out later, thanks!

I have a crazy amount of photos on my drive, so if there's ever something you or anyone else is looking for reference on just ask, odds are I have at least a few pictures of it.

Back