HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1419952462-2014-12-31-returns.png

How the Batman Returns poster was made

Batman_returns_poster2.jpg

saw this and thought it might lighten the gloom of this lines failure to launch

hp03c.jpg

I'm just saying there is very few options to produce Catwoman where pieces didn't have to be done by hand. It's avant guard. Technically ht could recycle the 89 Keaton suit with some additions. And unless you studied the costumes I'm sure penguins sewer suit could be done up cheap looking. If they include his suit he could easily top at $400 but I guess if they got cheep labor in china it might be $350.

TheKumik and brothers made a fail BR Catwoman that's what cutting corners looks like.

Ht won't make it from latex because they know people are to lazy to hose it down with latex shine to make it shiny. Imagine how Michelle phiffer felt at freezing temps doused in the stuff every few hrs.

Freezing temps? Batman Returns was filmed Warner Brothers Studios lots in Burbank.

If Keaton wins the Oscar they have to release this kinda soon, right?:pray:

Keaton doesn't stand a chance against Eddie Redmayne.

I'm just saying there is very few options to produce Catwoman where pieces didn't have to be done by hand. It's avant guard. Technically ht could recycle the 89 Keaton suit with some additions. And unless you studied the costumes I'm sure penguins sewer suit could be done up cheap looking. If they include his suit he could easily top at $400 but I guess if they got cheep labor in china it might be $350.

TheKumik and brothers made a fail BR Catwoman that's what cutting corners looks like.

Ht won't make it from latex because they know people are to lazy to hose it down with latex shine to make it shiny. Imagine how Michelle phiffer felt at freezing temps doused in the stuff every few hrs.

tumblr_ly1x533nSv1qmlv1go1_500.gif

Certainly for a custom. But mass production saves money, that's why HT are relatively cheap to small runs of stuff like from iminime and Rainman.

Thing is, fans waited for Hot Toys to strike while the "iron was hot" (lol) since 2012. People waited for them to get the Avengers and TDKR out of their system. You look back to that original Returns thread and there isn't a soul complaining about Avengers Iron man or a redundant camo Tumbler. Then it was Amazing Spider-Man, ok, understandable. They're all 2012 licenses announced in the same year as Batman Returns.

Then it's 2013. We endured all the contemporary releases of that god forsaken Iron Man 3 line. To this day, almost every version has been done, from cowboy hat Tony to random millisecond Armors to styrofoam display cases. We went through their GI JOE phase. Fans patiently waited for Hot Toys to get 2013 Marvel out of their system with Iron Man 3 and Dark World Thor, oh wait, here comes Man of Steel!

Late 2013, early 2014 is where people were getting antsy, and rightfully so. The Wolverine, Lone Ranger, ok, ok. Then we have Captain America: Winter Soldier and ASM 2 hype. Then a few months later, Guardians of the Galaxy. 2 years of waiting patiently for the modern blockbusters to subside. No big deal. Every "new" Iron Man is one step closet to Returns right.

BAM, Stah Wahs 1-7 guyz! Hype, hype, hype, hype! Avengers 2: Age of Ultron and it's dozen or so built in guarantees releases. Those two juggernauts alone have 2015 by the balls. Ok, so go for a fourth yeah of waiting for Hot Toys to get all of that out of their system? But what about all the releases that are scheduled for 2016-2019? Batman v Superman, Captain America: Civil War, Justice League, Star Wars sequels, etc. etc. They need time to get their due right?

This is so upsetting... I am pretty sure all of us THINK this, but when you read someone else's words it makes it so much more hurtful/true :(

I don't collect figures to maintain value, yet at the same time I wonder what my Iron men will be worth in the future seeing as how there will be so many more figures to come. Hot Toys have flooded the market, which is a great thing, but why not put out some rare items that COLLECTORS REALLY want. I see people getting sick of the Marvel line and eventually sales declining = no more figures being made I actually want...

I look at my Dark Knight series (which is what really started it all for me), and I think... "do we REALLY need a Gordon and Blake?" WHERE IS MY KEATON I WAS PROMISED?!

Don't even get me started on the Star Wars line... as much as I love Star Wars, the last thing ANYONE needs is more Star Wars crap flooding the toy market.

On the other hand, I am really looking forward to a Affleck Batman... but with my luck he won't be produced :(
As well as the Beetlejuice figure... maybe we will get that announcement after the Oscars!

Batfleck will get made. Current film, huge hype. No way that won't get made. Heck a 2.0 will get made because the first version won't have had the benefit of every piece of reference material from the film.

You mean 3.0, right? They're no doubt going to make both regular and armored versions.

You can bet on it. I'm sure Hot Toys will go all out.

I'm not giving up on this figure. We'll get him. I don't see why Penguin and Catwoman are not in the works. Maybe they are as HT has surprised us many times in the past. I too am hoping for full reveal and preorder after the Oscars.

I'm anxiously awaiting this release. I kick myself for not jumping on the DX09, so this would be a great purchase for me.

Joey.

I guess I'm gonna have to wait to get my 3 figures from Returns, while others get to play with Ultron and his sad puppy dog ears.

I got the DX-09 because I just don't know if Hot Toys will ever get the Returns figure done. What I really want is Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Hot Toys better hurry up, because I know Tweeterhead is coming out with a sixth scale statue of her at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back