Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that article has the wrong info or is new to PERS and doesn't know how it functions. It doesn't say anything else but the usual in the specs.

- Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) patented by Hot Toys Limited

Just wanted to add my two cents. I really like this figure as the monochromatic look really sells it. I mean, when the Batman black & white line started, they were really great statues for the most part. Actually, now that I think about it, I may need to do a Batman B&W bash to go with this. I know that's not exactly what they had in mind with this but.... hmmm, possibilities galore.

exclusive_zpsa0b27f33.jpg

HA HA...that is exactky what I think sometimes of the exclusives they do produce...'a stupid #%$!$!? ' - why would anyone spend more for that???

Although a real exclusive on this figure might be nice...we didn't get one on the first Joker...maybe say a Tommy Gun?

My gripe is the lack of things it comes with I like the backdrop and platform think that's pretty cool but I think I would of rather had a DX gallery scene with the "I'm melting" make up and a extra sculpt with him without his makeup.

Accessories could have a painting, the sculpt that they paint green while dancing around too. I'm not digging this figure as much as the DX08 which I'm getting Monday.

Re: DXmime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Why a mime version? This look had about five minutes of screen time.

Mob meeting or museum/running makeup looks would have been more worthwhile. Oh well. It still looks nice. I'll probably pass. Not a very iconic scene or look for me.

:lecture :lecture

ofc the likeness will be stronger,thats the part that gonna make the collectors buy it meh hot toys they are good at they work but they are greedy,take an example of iron man figures.....

This is a tough one. This part is super short and he only appears in this costume for about a minute but this scene is very nostalgic to me. When I was younger I used to rewind this part over and over again :lol. Even today I still love his every word of his dialogue (although short) in this scene and I always loved the outfit. My only issue is the package is just really insane at this price

This is a tough one. This part is super short and he only appears in this costume for about a minute but this scene is very nostalgic to me. When I was younger I used to rewind this part over and over again :lol. Even today I still love his every word of his dialogue (although short) in this scene and I always loved the outfit. My only issue is the package is just really insane at this price

It always caught my eye as a kid, as well. Still does. I'll be honest when I say that I'm actually tempted to get this one over re-buying the DX08. I know the DX08 is more iconic, but, to me, the DX 08 seemed more like a companion piece (part of a set) to the DX09 than its own thing, if that makes any sense. This one is more of a one-off where you don't really need Batman standing by his side. The defining factor will be the Batmobile. If I get the Batmobile, then I want to have the DX09 doing the "stop" scene, hence my apprehension towards buying the DX08 (as he'd seem pretty lonesome without Batman).

Yea this is a toughey. Despite the scene being short it really is one of my favorite scenes in the flick. But aside from this price point being annoying he lacks a proper hand to hold the top hat (a la pen/sword pose) and the extra texturing to the sculpt looks bizarre.

I may just have to chalk this up to a miss on a good idea that could've been handled better and pass

I'm not too worried about the extra texturing, as I think it might be something that is less detailed once the figure hits, but I am bothered by the lack of a hat hand, now that you mention it. When in doubt, though, customize!:lol The price, though, is of little importance, for me, as I intend to wait it out. There will no doubt be that window between "new release" and "sold out" where the price drops. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some at $200 then.

This is another figure like Barney Ross to me; not enough difference of anything (this figure really doesn't even come with much) to spark an interest to want it.

Back