Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most anticipated figure for me in a while. HT did a great job. He does need a little fattening up though.

Seems to me like he's just not wearing his fat suit yet. If he comes out the same shape as their first Jack I'll be happy.

I still don't get how this is supposed to be a DX figure, just because it has PERS? Or is it being mistakenly identified as one because of that?

I still don't get how this is supposed to be a DX figure, just because it has PERS? Or is it being mistakenly identified as one because of that?

It is considered DX due to PERS, the base and backdrop. But the accessories leave a lot to be desired for a DX. I think that's why we get the $229 price point. Maybe they'll add something other than extra pens prior to release but I'm not sure what they could include. Either way I can't wait for this guy. The fact that they can potentially reuse a lot from the first Jack may mean this guy could actually ship on time in December too. Who knows with HT though.

I really wish they would have waited and announced this at SDCC, because there is really nothing that has been shown that has a wow factor(at least to me). Also wish we didn't know 66 Bats and Robin would be there, and surprise us like the Burton stuff did a few years ago. The things I wanted to see before the con, like TWD 1/6 turned out to look like custom crap.

The pets look as good as they can possibly look if you ask me.

The only thing that qualities a DX as a DX is PERS.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

They look fine for protos, but will massed produced look that good. My problem is Merle, he looks like an ugly custom people charge an arm and a leg for. The humans are more important to me than the zombies in this line. If they can't get Rick and Darylright the line will bomb.

The only thing that qualities a DX as a DX is PERS.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, I figured that was what it was. I just tend to think of DX figures more as figures that have more than one head-sculpt, outfit, and a plethora of accessories with great packaging. Very cool figure nonetheless, and I'm not really sure what you could give him anyways. Although I was hoping for a Joker with flesh makeup with mob meeting or museum getup.

Via Michael Crawford.

sdcc2013_sideshow_136.jpg

This is cool, I want it but then I kinda dont wana spend that. Ill prob get it, it was a great scene but I duno. I think id rather a flesh tone jack with a beret from the art gallery scene, with a extra head sculpt of the running makeup so we can imitate the BOO! part. Hell yeah

I PO'd one, but of course I don't have the dx08, and it still is easy to come by so I still might pick one up. Pretty Light for a DX figure, but the sculpt looks amazing.

I PO'd this figure as soon as he went up, can't have enough Jack Jokers in your collection but does anyone know if HT are planning on releasing any other versions of him in the future?

I PO'd this figure as soon as he went up, can't have enough Jack Jokers in your collection but does anyone know if HT are planning on releasing any other versions of him in the future?

Who knows for sure, even when giving 'concrete answers' to questions, Mr Chan throws in enough variables for the answer to mean anything, or the question has so many variables going in that you never really know which one he is answering.

Someone needs to sit down with him and not get swept away with fan love so that they cannot ask a few simple, direct but polite questions. For example...

Q - Will you still be doing BATMAN RETURNS 1:6 figures?
A - Yes
Q - Great, when?

...and so on. But certainly not..."Will you do this and this and this, oh and how about these? because if he answers 'Yes' exactly which one part of the question is that response directed at? :slap

Sadly, all of the printed interviews I have read with him seem to fall into the 'this and this and this' category so no body really knows anything for sure. :gah:

Museum Joker just seems like a no brainer. Huge scene in the movie and would make an amazing figure. Honestly surprised he didn't happen before mime.

Back