Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not seeing the repaint angle. To what, the regular clown paint?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, me neither. I actually did a photoshop on it when it was announced out of curiosity and it looked odd. Leave well alone, looks great as a mime version.

This figure looks great. Just from the photos it looks better than the first Jack. But nothing yet has topped the Keaton figure.

Yeah, looks weird.

jokernew.jpg

This figure looks great. Just from the photos it looks better than the first Jack. But nothing yet has topped the Keaton figure.

yup, the first joker was only voted the second most favorite figure of 2012 by hot toys' production team. definitely room for improvement. :slap

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/news.php?newsID=48

no surprise the dx12 was number one. best version of the dark knight yet.

It looks pretty good. If it was a few bucks cheaper I would probably consider picking it up.

no surprise the dx12 was number one. best version of the dark knight yet.

That was TDKR hype-voting in action. DX09 was a much better figure. People have replaced the cape on Keaton Batman....that's it. How many mods did people have to do with DX12 before they were happy with it? Case closed.

That was TDKR hype-voting in action. DX09 was a much better figure. People have replaced the cape on Keaton Batman....that's it. How many mods did people have to do with DX12 before they were happy with it? Case closed.

The visible back panel on DX09 is a huge drawback that DX12 does not suffer. Unfortunately, there really is no "mod" that can be done to fix it.

The DX09 is a really nice figure and I sometimes wish that I owned it (waiting for the Batman Returns version) but that panel for the PERS is pretty bad but that's about it I think. I think the issues with the DX12 are kind of exaggerated personally and don't have the issues with it that most people do. I think there's a small (yet vocal) group who just are never happy and think they have to mod something for it to be "perfect".

Cape and panel, OK. Anything else?

Yup, pretty much.

The only good thing about the DX 12 is the body, armor and Bruce Wayne headsculpt. The faceplates and actual cowl head? Horrible. Chalk that up with a version and accessories that we already saw two versions of previously (albiet an improved Grapple gun) and it was nothing special.

I hate the PERS panel on the back of the DX 09's head, it's atrocious. But the head itself is ten times better than the DX 12, from the cowl sculpt to the partial profiles. Atleast it looks great dead on. The only time it's iffy is if you have him displayed with his back turned to the viewer. The mouth plates? It kills the DX 12 in every way. I don't think anyone here had to buy $20-$35 custom mouthplates to get a great Keaton likeness. Or paint the eyes . . . or paint cut and sand a headsculpt up, or remove the padding out of the suit, or cut the hands, etc. etc. Now if it was the QS we were talking about, that's a different story. Those faceplates are dead on Bale.

DX 12 won that year because of hype, plain and simple. Of course it would be Hot Toys' favorite, it gave them all kinds of dough. Iron Man and Bale Batman are always the top dogs because they're the most popular, even if the figures that represent them aren't particularly good. Hype always wins out.

Last edited:
i'm no expert and i'm sure every collector here has their own opinion on what is great and what isn't for various reasons. gaining insight from the people that actually make the figures is probably a good way to gauge overall satisfaction from a design and production standpoint while throwing in a measure of enjoyment.

I don't think that's a good representation of what the mime sculpt would look like. In the hands of a skilled painter you'll end up with something more like this:

I gotta admit, you may be on to something. Honestly, I didn't even consider that "Waitll they get a load of me " scene. I gotta say I'm curious now. :lol Do the same thing to this sculpt that was done to mine. Poof out the hair/repaint, re-structure the eyebrows and purple eye shadow.

DX 12 won that year because of hype, plain and simple. Of course it would be Hot Toys' favorite, it gave them all kinds of dough. Iron Man and Bale Batman are always the top dogs because they're the most popular, even if the figures that represent them aren't particularly good. Hype always wins out.

I couldn't believe the DX12 won over the DX09.

The PERS panel is bad. There is no way around it. But in most cases, including mine, its a non-issue. Unless you have him posed in profile or backwards you can't see it. It would have been nice for a solid sculpt though...

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I gotta admit, you may be on to something. Honestly, I didn't even consider that "Waitll they get a load of me " scene. I gotta say I'm curious now. :lol Do the same thing to this sculpt that was done to mine. Poof out the hair/repaint, re-structure the eyebrows and purple eye shadow.

:lol Yep, yep, yep. I see lots of potential for this.

Tell me it wouldn't be cool to have Joke posed like this on your shelf with a repainted mime sculpt.

Honestly I don't think anyone would have cared if it was delayed.

:wave

Back