Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd make the in-hand experience all the more exciting.

You would dig it. Seeing the box in your own possession for the first time. The surprise of potential changes.

Sometimes these OMG, Luka, Elljay, **** Po, etc. pics get old. I remember back in the TDK 2008 days when it was really just Agen getting a hold of it and taking shots. Most times, we'd experience the changes for ourselves.

Maybe but it'd mean waiting longer to see anything. Some say things like ''we've waited a year, whats an extra few weeks''. Ehhhh, not me. I've waiting long e-****ing-nough! I want to see new pics yesterday. So I'd be happy to see this come out in Hong Kong first. They wouldn't diminish my ''in-hand'' excitement ( :lol ) any significant amount. I want something to look at and to talk about while its on its way to me and not be bored out of my tree in the meantime. I'm spoilt like that.

Nice a-dev. You take good pics man. :duff

Thanks. They're nothing special though IMO. And the camera needs replacing I think, they look a bit foggy/hazy.

Wow ... How did u make the diorama?? ... Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow! I thought that was a scene from the movie for a minute.:clap

You chaps haven't seen that before? Here's my full scene recreation thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120395&highlight=pescadero+dx10

Now some of those are my best ever pics.

I have only one word adev.. RESPECT! ....
Just wow. Whats your day job like? I mean i am wondering cause i always wonder if you guys are in some media industries or some movie industry, production houses etc. very very creative!

Maybe but it'd mean waiting longer to see anything. Some say things like ''we've waited a year, whats an extra few weeks''. Ehhhh, not me. I've waiting long e-****ing-nough! I want to see new pics yesterday. So I'd be happy to see this come out in Hong Kong first. They wouldn't diminish my ''in-hand'' excitement ( :lol ) any significant amount. I want something to look at and to talk about while its on its way to me and not be bored out of my tree in the meantime. I'm spoilt like that.

See, I'm the exact opposite.

I've been waiting for a Hot Toys T2 Battle Damaged T-800 since 2009 back when all these toy collectible companies were getting the T2 license. The NECA Battle Damaged was great and helped tide me over, but ever since the MMS 117, I've had a 1/6 Battle Damage figure in the back of my mind.

So that's roughly 4 years, give or take? Eh, what's another week? I'm sort of sick of the same time line for these things like, "oh there's an announcement, there's a teaser, there's spec/pics, here are the Asian collector's pics". I think the experience would be much better if it constantly changed up a bit for every release. I dig how it's going at the moment where it appears Asia won't be the first leak of them. I certainly don't always need an OMG fix or shirtless guy unboxing of a figure/character that's this important to me. It could end up being DX Indiana Jones bad and it would still be something I would have in-hand for myself. F the photographers, show me the money!

7 days!

Well, we've all seen a million PS bashes by now so I've never felt compelled to post pics but alright.

uplIMG_42391Medium_zps7562b064.jpg
[/URL]

Looks fantastic A-dev.
:clap

I've been waiting for a Hot Toys T2 Battle Damaged T-800 since 2009 back when all these toy collectible companies were getting the T2 license. The NECA Battle Damaged was great and helped tide me over, but ever since the MMS 117, I've had a 1/6 Battle Damage figure in the back of my mind.

So that's roughly 4 years, give or take? Eh, what's another week? I'm sort of sick of the same time line for these things like, "oh there's an announcement, there's a teaser, there's spec/pics, here are the Asian collector's pics". I think the experience would be much better if it constantly changed up a bit for every release. I dig how it's going at the moment where it appears Asia won't be the first leak of them. I certainly don't always need an OMG fix or shirtless guy unboxing of a figure/character that's this important to me. It could end up being DX Indiana Jones bad and it would still be something I would have in-hand for myself. F the photographers, show me the money!

7 days!

This made me. :rotfl

I thought for a few moments about avoiding pics before I get this in hand. Not happening. I enjoy the pro photography and I can't wait to see how it turned out. The thing that is less enjoyable for me is the nitpicking. It can be frustrating when someone points out something you didn't notice, but then becomes glaring. Sometimes I wonder if I'd see half the things I see if it weren't pointed out before I even get the figure.

I have only one word adev.. RESPECT! ....
Just wow. Whats your day job like? I mean i am wondering cause i always wonder if you guys are in some media industries or some movie industry, production houses etc. very very creative!

You'd LOL if you knew my day job. Nothing to do with movie industry/production house is all I'll say. Actually Leon I didn't build that diorama, a chap called Maxx Replicas did...for someone else, who then sold it to me. I did however complete the elevator. The original diorama only had a tiny section of it and no ceiling. So that part was creative on my part if I do say so myself, probably the most creative thing I had done in years or have done since.

7 days!

You are the opposite. I won't be receiving this in 7 days or even 14 so I just want to see something in the meantime.

Looks fantastic A-dev.
:clap

Wow!!! That is just awesome. Excellent job well done. :clap

Thanks chaps.

I thought for a few moments about avoiding pics before I get this in hand. Not happening. I enjoy the pro photography and I can't wait to see how it turned out. The thing that is less enjoyable for me is the nitpicking. It can be frustrating when someone points out something you didn't notice, but then becomes glaring. Sometimes I wonder if I'd see half the things I see if it weren't pointed out before I even get the figure.

Might be best if you put me on ignore for the next few weeks and months and years :lol

Barring actual defects in the figure, I find that many of the nitpicks fall away once a figure is in-hand--whether a result of simple excitement from finally getting something that's been teased forever (it's been almost a year-to-the-day since I pre-ordered DX13) or because community pictures never did a figure justice.

While not exactly a nitpick, I remember numerous complaints about the DX10 T-800's headsculpt; maybe it's an oversight on my part or Hot Toys' RDF, but it looks fine in person.

Might be best if you put me on ignore for the next few weeks and months and years :lol

Trust me, I see the same things you do as an Arnold fanatic, so no worries. I'm just not as vocal about it because It's still very fresh and impressive to me, having taken the jump from NECA to this. I had Batman in mind when I made that comment since there's one thing that kind of bugs me about the 1/4 scale figure that I'm not entirely sure I would have noticed without "help."

Trust me, I see the same things you do as an Arnold fanatic, so no worries. I'm just not as vocal about it because It's still very fresh and impressive to me, having taken the jump from NECA to this. I had Batman in mind when I made that comment since there's one thing that kind of bugs me about the 1/4 scale figure that I'm not entirely sure I would have noticed without "help."

Yeah I understand. Its part of the reason I've been completely put off Nolan Batman stuff. I'm probably not one to talk though, I'm sure I've put at least some people off coming into these threads

What guns did you use for your PS kitbash and what sunglasses. Where can i fnid these?

PM replied.

Back