Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its just the sheer volume of Marvel figs and Star Wars + the lack of much diversity that gets on some collectors nerves.

https://www.hottoysph.com/checklist/category/movie-masterpiece-mms/

^^ This website lists all the HT releases and as you can see the last few years has been dominated by Marvel & SW. For me personally it has been really good news for my wallet, as I dont like Star Wars whatsoever and I'm not that interested in the whole Marvel Universe.

Its not so bad, as we have other companies like Big Chief, DID, Blitzway. Filling the void left by HT. HT will always go for mass market appeal over the more niche market.

For me personally I have most of the figs I want already, So I'm not to bothered what HT make anymore.

Last edited:
I know that seller he is a theft he has the prices higher that you could find in other places..
I am pretty sure is made by a chinese company so price it will be a lot cheaper on other shops

Well, charging more than other places doesn't make him a scammer. And it's the only ebay listing I can find for this diorama.

That said, I'm probably not gonna go for it.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Is there a way to fix it. The figure was kept behind glass, out of direct light, and in a temp controlled room. This discoloration is found in various spots throughout.

DSC_0125.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

I think you're the first to have that. Has the texture changed in any way? Also, how's your belt?

No texture change. Just color. Almost like its mildew but that doesnt really make sense. I tried a lightly moist paper towel and it wouldnt come off. The belt looks fine but as two tiny spots on it with the same color.

This prompted me to look at mine. I have two, one in each configuration.

I'm paranoid at the best of times about rot and mildew, and at first I thought I could see something similar on the right collar of the more complete jacket. When I pulled the figure out of the detolf I felt pretty sure it was just the weathering paint HT applied. Especially when I compared it to the definite weathering that they put on the jacket cuffs and where the trousers meet the boots.

The weathering is slightly different between the two figures, and the more complete one is a little lighter on that pocket panel like yours. There's also paint running alongside the zip as yours has, but mine isn't as thickly applied. It's more like a misted spray.

When I had mildew problems in the past, before I started controlling humidity, I wiped the clothing with a non-bleach anti-bacterial cleanser which cured the problem. I just tested the collar and pocket panel that looked suspect to satisfy my curiosity, and nothing came off. So I conclude that it's just HT's weathering.

"I am inevitable" - said the infamous Hot Toys pleather deterioration.

I had a random look at my T2 MMS 117 which was posed like that since forever and never even touched. A tear appeared on the pants under the zipper. I ordered new pair of pants, hopefully intact.

I also bought a DX13 a couple of days ago. It arrived pretty much mint. Now I can see a white mark appeared on his pants IN THE SAME EFFING PLACE. I don't want it to spread and become a tear - any ideas what should I do to stop/fix it?

Alternatively: does anybody have a spare pair of DX13 pants for sale?

Help!

IMG_20190810_194248-01.jpg IMG_20190810_194007-01.jpg IMG_20190810_193843-01.jpg

This is why I stopped collecting figures. I am only buying statues for a good while. Also I am happy that I sold mine cause I don't have to worry about this issue anymore. My Enterbay T-800 had the same problem...only worse.

Last edited:
Everyone check yours. Mine has the same exact thing happening though not nearly as severe. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't look just now.

This prompted me to look at mine. I have two, one in each configuration.

I'm paranoid at the best of times about rot and mildew, and at first I thought I could see something similar on the right collar of the more complete jacket. When I pulled the figure out of the detolf I felt pretty sure it was just the weathering paint HT applied. Especially when I compared it to the definite weathering that they put on the jacket cuffs and where the trousers meet the boots.

The weathering is slightly different between the two figures, and the more complete one is a little lighter on that pocket panel like yours. There's also paint running alongside the zip as yours has, but mine isn't as thickly applied. It's more like a misted spray.

When I had mildew problems in the past, before I started controlling humidity, I wiped the clothing with a non-bleach anti-bacterial cleanser which cured the problem. I just tested the collar and pocket panel that looked suspect to satisfy my curiosity, and nothing came off. So I conclude that it's just HT's weathering.

Hmm, interesting. I'll take a few more pics to show it's extent. A freind thought it might be the dye fading and mentioned one of his figures has done the same. So I'm not sure which it is at this point.

Well if someone were to make custom outfits using real leather that would solve the problem.

Hmm, interesting. I'll take a few more pics to show it's extent. A freind thought it might be the dye fading and mentioned one of his figures has done the same. So I'm not sure which it is at this point.

Yours may be different and fading dye sounds a reasonable explanation, but I'm fairly certain it's just weathering on mine. I had a look at the two unused jackets, which are still in the plastic boxes HT packed them in. They both have the same weathering paint pattern - right collar, pocket panel, alongside the zip, cuffs and the bottom edge of the back.

All of them have been kept out of the sun. At first it was a room with curtains drawn, and now in a room without windows.

The only excess ultra violet they might've experienced would've been from old style light bulbs, before switching to LEDs a few years back.

I wonder what the chances are of them making Terminator figures from Dark Fate (and future ones, if it is successful). In previous years, this would have been a given, but nowadays, I'm not so sure... :(

Someone reported during comic-con that Hot Toys does indeed have the license for Dark fate. I think the odds of them making something from it are pretty good.

HT already stated officially that they have the licence for Dark Fate and since it's Terminator, they'll most likely come up with at least one figure.

HT already stated officially that they have the licence for Dark Fate and since it's Terminator, they'll most likely come up with at least one figure.

Where was it announced officially? I must have missed it. And I'm sure we'll see an old Arnie but that's probably it lol.

Back