Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX13 Puts DX 10 to shame ^

I get the logic of one being clean / from a different scene, but... jeez. Yeah.

I'm not getting the 10, but it came out a lot better than I was expecting, despite a handful of nitpicks I have. That said, putting the well-done 10 in his simple pose next to 13's house of awesomeness next door definitely seems to do 10 a disservice.

Could live the rest of my collecting life without that little kid with the silly 80's hair fan. :D

Actually I think he’s a necessary piece to round out the collection of characters Hot Toys have chosen.

You got the MMS T-800 with his first appearance in the movie (even if the face sculpt is out-dated to some), a second MMS T-800 can be used to show off the exposed Endo arm.

There is the DX10 with the Cyberdine Shoot out weapons and if wanted can be made to have the look after the Galleria shoot out (because he doesn’t come with the black T-shirt) with the T-1000.

Now we’ll be getting the DX13 T-800 BD version with the ability to change his look from his escape from Cyberdine to the arrival in the Steel Mill to his final look before he is destroyed in the end of the movie.

You have Sarah Conner in her combat outfit which appears in mid-way through the movie almost to the end. (A John Conner could come with Sarah' sweats and the T-800's gas grenade launcher, since a motorcycle doesn't seem likely.)

You have the T-1000 that can be made to look as he did in multiple ways throughout the movie, patrol man, Motorcycle cop and then a mix of the two, not counting the morphed parts, heads, and bullet splashes.

Then you have the T-1000 in Sarah Conner disguise that can double for both the T-1000 and as Sarah Conner as she appeared at the very end of the movie.

The only key piece missing from this whole series is what the movie centered around, and that is John Conner . I think he is a must have piece, besides what else can Hot Toys give us but start doing 2.0’s of everyone they’ve already given us (T-1000, Sarah Conner).

As for Kyle Reese , I think he would go better with their T1 line if they plan on ever expanding it, but if they can add in the cut out head surgery feature on the DX10 from that cut out scene I guess they can add in Sarah’s dream sequence they cut out of the movie too and still do Kyle.

I'd say the knee trouser tear is something that will vary from figure to figure. Agreed though, they could have made it a bit less torn.

The teargas launcher would have been very nice. Difficult to see where it could come from now unless they added it to a John Connor figure to try and sweeten the deal on him.

Ether that or for the price were paying though it in with the dx13 set as an add on, they did it with king leo's alt head and unless we get a john connor theres no real hope of getting it.

I know. Who cares how detailed or screen accurate the figure is. We should just be happy were getting one!

I know, I know, I bang on about it, but I really do want this figure to be something you look at and say "wow, that sculpt cannot be topped - it's brilliant!".

Look at the Godfather. That sculpt is sheer unadulterated perfection. Jack Sparrow DX. Bang on point. HT have the talent. We know that. They've proven it. I know this is a "holy grail" figure for a lot of people... why not send HT an email with your suggestion/criticisms? At the very least, the figure will remain unchanged, and if all goes well, you (we) will all end up with a better figure for it! I'd love nothing more than to look at this and say "I don't see anything I feel could be done better.", and I think we, as consumers, who are spending $200-$300+ on a figure, are entitled to be able to want to say that. We're the ones keeping HT in business.

Does it look good right now? Well, yes. Is it as good as it possibly can be? The simple (and frank) answer is... no.

And we're still waiting for somethin to come of the Stallone poll that was conducted :(

As for T3 figures, if HT handled the damage as well as this figure, a BD T-850 would be hard to pass up but anything else from that movie is passable.

Agreed. All I really care about from that film is the full BD look which I've just posted over there.

I'm disturbed by no T1 police shootout/ T1 BD image I have to say.

Agreed. All I really care about from that film is the full BD look which I've just posted over there.

I'm disturbed by no T1 police shootout/ T1 BD image I have to say.

I think it's like you said, they know there's interest but te poll touches on figures that maybe there is more or less support than they expect so they want to see. Despite the popularity of Arnie as the Terminator, T3 is often regarded poorly and if I were HT I wouldn't waste resources without some numbers to support it as a good choice.

T3 is often regarded poorly because it is an awful awful movie that should never have existed :lol

It's as though they managed to get Arnie to reprise his role in a spoof of T2

Voted for Conan. But I also can't really see myself passing on a Commando figure if they made one. Fun poll, but we'll see if anything ever comes of it. Not holding any breath over here.

But yeah, a T1 police shootout/BD version should have been a no-brainer. I choose to believe that's because he's already in the works. Because that's how the Universe ought to work. :lol

EDIT: I'd also really love a one-armed endo torso from the end of T1!

Voted Conan. Like you said a-dev, Im sure the T1 Battle Damage T-800 is well under way and HT knows it has the fan based needed to warrant a figure.

Im hoping the same thing along the lines of the Depp poll they ran awhile back. Mad Hatter wasnt on the list so Im hoping they are still planning on doing him.

T3 figures will eventually be made no matter what. The Terminator fanbase is waaaaay too big for it not to be done eventually. With the two T2 terminators and hopefully an endo coming soon,I hope they do commando or running man next. But what Id really like is a total recall arnold. That would be kick ass!

I really hope they do T3 Figuers, i would love to display him with those funny funky glass's.

T3 figures will eventually be made no matter what. The Terminator fanbase is waaaaay too big for it not to be done eventually. With the two T2 terminators and hopefully an endo coming soon,I hope they do commando or running man next. But what Id really like is a total recall arnold. That would be kick ass!

Total Recall Douglas Quad! Thinking of the things he could come with. A towel wrap for his head. The Bug Retriever device. Old lady head. Various guns. And maybe the brief case...:yess:

A T3 Arnie would be nice, with a 1/6 coffin I can have over his shoulder.

Terminator3-coffin-gun.jpg

I HAD to choose dutch, the first one was just one I never got around to have, an I really wanted it. But Conan...UGH, too hard to choose.

Who chose governor arnie?

Back