Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This got me thinking...do people prefer a screen accurate damaged head that looked like Arnie with a prosthetic or one with the skeleton sculpted as the actual skull?

I prefer an in-between, which I think is what we usually get. The endo-skull parts neither looking like they're on top of the skin or under it.

Still the best.
IMG_7394.jpeg

Baffling that we aren't swimming in new Terminator figures. InArt are busy churning out Jokers to give any real updates on their interest in the T2 license for sixth scale.
For real. I know present toys is doing terminator figures, but the head sculpts all look like ass. I guess people who don’t know what Arnold looks like will enjoy those figures, but hot toys needs to redo their whole terminator line. Painting and sculpting has been so much better in the last few years, it’s freaky how real these toys are looking. T1 and T2 Arnold, T2 Sarah Conor and T-1000, and some diecast endoskeletons would be amazing.

For real. I know present toys is doing terminator figures, but the head sculpts all look like ass. I guess people who don’t know what Arnold looks like will enjoy those figures, but hot toys needs to redo their whole terminator line. Painting and sculpting has been so much better in the last few years, it’s freaky how real these toys are looking. T1 and T2 Arnold, T2 Sarah Conor and T-1000, and some diecast endoskeletons would be amazing.
I think what people say about Hot Toys is they sit on liscenses so no one else can make figures.

So Hot Toys may still have the Terminatror license, but simply it's to make sure other companies don't make any other Terminators. this is what people have said, I am not sure how true it is....so that is why 3rd party is the only options.

Present Toys does make good figures, Indiana Jones for example was great. I am not sure why they keep missing the mark with Arnold though.

I think what people say about Hot Toys is they sit on liscenses so no one else can make figures.

So Hot Toys may still have the Terminatror license, but simply it's to make sure other companies don't make any other Terminators. this is what people have said, I am not sure how true it is....so that is why 3rd party is the only options.

Present Toys does make good figures, Indiana Jones for example was great. I am not sure why they keep missing the mark with Arnold though.
Yeah, hot toys loves getting licenses and doing nothing with them. They have been doing that for many years sadly. I would love more Alien figures (especially a new and better big chap from Alien and a Ripley from Aliens), but I doubt it will ever happen.

If InArt and JND are able to do Terminator figures as they've been able to do DC properties like The Dark Knight and Batman V Superman then you can bet your ass Hot Toys will suddenly love Terminator again. I definitely think a new golden age for Terminator 1/6 is coming, assuming no WW3. Alas I doubt any such thing is on the cards for Alien and Predator as they're Disney now and, without knowing any official details, it seems like even NECA has been forced to put their previously healthy lines on hold for reasons unknown. So **** knows what can or will happen with those.

If InArt and JND are able to do Terminator figures as they've been able to do DC properties like The Dark Knight and Batman V Superman then you can bet your ass Hot Toys will suddenly love Terminator again. I definitely think a new golden age for Terminator 1/6 is coming, assuming no WW3. Alas I doubt any such thing is on the cards for Alien and Predator as they're Disney now and, without knowing any official details, it seems like even NECA has been forced to put their previously healthy lines on hold for reasons unknown. So **** knows what can or will happen with those.
Slighly off topic. I noticed a lot of my NECA products have started to break. ALL, not exaggerating, my Pacific Rim figures have broken just sitting on ashelf. I have a couple sealed in boxes, but yeah...heads up.

Yesterday I picked up My NECA predator, City Hunter, and the arm just snapped. I simply picked it up, GENTLY, touched the arm and it snapped.

One of the big reasons I abandoned 1/10 scale was fragility. NECA really is a poop company imo. All that money wasted on goods that break.

I remember NECA had a major **** up on their initial releases of the Galleria Mall T-1000 and the Pescadero Hospital T-1000. I bought multiples of both of these from US and UK stores and every single one crumbled and broke at every possible joint. The worst QC I ever encountered in toy collecting. Otherwise though, yes I've had some other breakages, but it hasn't been my overriding experience with NECA. It's unfortunate though that you can never rule out breakages happening out of the blue years later even with normal handling. I mean to have to take out a hairdryer every time you want to repose a figure is impractical, you're just not gonna do it.

Good point. Given that InArt expressed interest in the license and the clear fan interest in those FB polls, that seems quite likely, and is something I'd love to see happening.

I sold my DX13 last year and am only keeping my DX10 because I don't want to not have that look on display, but he's really showing his age.

Good point. Given that InArt expressed interest in the license and the clear fan interest in those FB polls, that seems quite likely, and is something I'd love to see happening.

I sold my DX13 last year and am only keeping my DX10 because I don't want to not have that look on display, but he's really showing his age.
Hot Toys has the 12" locked down. Only 1/4 and 1/3 can ever be done outside hot toys.

I am sure they will eventually do more Arnolds....but like 10 years from now? I will get the 3rd parties. Eventually they will pull a Mars Toys or Present Toys Indy and make a figure of Arnold better than HT's...everything is there, just the Head Sculpt(The biggest bugaboo) us the last piece.

Hot Toys has the 12" locked down. Only 1/4 and 1/3 can ever be done outside hot toys.

I am sure they will eventually do more Arnolds....but like 10 years from now? I will get the 3rd parties. Eventually they will pull a Mars Toys or Present Toys Indy and make a figure of Arnold better than HT's...everything is there, just the Head Sculpt(The biggest bugaboo) us the last piece.
Do you have insider knowledge that you base this on? From our point of view, Hot Toys also had Batman/DC "locked down" until InArt came along. And Asmus had LOTR locked down, beating ACI years ago when there could be only one.

If a 3rd party company makes a Galleria T-800 that actually improves on the DX10, I'll happily buy one. But so far I haven't seen any improvements over HT's efforts by these companies.
Aside from the headsculpt, a proper Arnie neck is just as important. And the body proportions need a serious upgrade as well.

Do you have insider knowledge that you base this on? From our point of view, Hot Toys also had Batman/DC "locked down" until InArt came along. And Asmus had LOTR locked down, beating ACI years ago when there could be only one.

If a 3rd party company makes a Galleria T-800 that actually improves on the DX10, I'll happily buy one. But so far I haven't seen any improvements over HT's efforts by these companies.
Aside from the headsculpt, a proper Arnie neck is just as important. And the body proportions need a serious upgrade as well.

DC isn't as strict on their license as say Disney/Marvel. So I am not sure what "insider" knowledge is needed?
I see this often from people, they have real issues putting pieces of information together. The critical thinking skills are lacking. You don't need an expert to tell you if you should go outside or not...do you?

I agree on 3rd party companies, but it's up to 3rd party companies to do a good job, and the heads are always a major breaking/selling point. Seeing Mars Toys do their thing, and that Present Toys Indy makes me think they can, but have failed at Arnie so far.

DC isn't as strict on their license as say Disney/Marvel. So I am not sure what "insider" knowledge is needed?
I see this often from people, they have real issues putting pieces of information together. The critical thinking skills are lacking. You don't need an expert to tell you if you should go outside or not...do you?

I agree on 3rd party companies, but it's up to 3rd party companies to do a good job, and the heads are always a major breaking/selling point. Seeing Mars Toys do their thing, and that Present Toys Indy makes me think they can, but have failed at Arnie so far.
To be fair to agoniste, you've called yourself a "loser" several times. Knowledge might be questioned.

Wow you seem like a lovely person to be around.
I'm not going to engage with you any further beyond this, but for somebody who seemingly can put pieces of information together effortlessly, perhaps you'd like to know that Terminator is not owned by Disney?

Last edited:
Wow you seem like a lovely person to be around.
I'm not going to engage with you any further beyond this, but for somebody who seemingly can put pieces of information together effortlessly, perhaps you'd like to know that Terminator is not owned by Disney?
I don't get what I said wrong....no one forces you to respond or interact. God bless I guess.

It was the "pieces of information line?" That's just a general comment on society. I work in an industry where I see lots of kids and adults and I am seeing people Googling simple things and it has me really guessing the future will LITERALLY be people asking Alexa or Google or the phones if it's okay to go outside today.

An no, I am not a pleasant person to be around.

Last edited:
Back