Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headsculpt coming from onesixtkit
Pretty cool no? Feels like enterbay crossed with dx13.
image.jpg

attachment.php

guns-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Terminator-2-Judgement-Day-greyscale-_21472-32.jpg

something's very off.
mostly the eyes - they are taken from here:

8a3db214-702e-4a47-84bc-09279d280cb0.jpg
this is what they did. eyes, eyes too close again.[/IMG]
attachment.php

until somebody fixes the chinese versions of Schwarzenegger when eyes are too close to each other, it will always look bad from the front.

i'm just persuading myself that i won't need to replace 8 DX10 heads.
it's not difficult judging from that first photo though.

Yeah I want to see it with the dx10 sunglasses on. I wonder why they wouldn't take the time to fix the hair. It still looks like a fro, just like enterbays. That's one aspect i love about the mms117, the hair is close to perfect.

Looks good! There's only one problem, which I think will be an easy fix - the handle should be coming out the other end judging by screengrabs.

Went ahead and started some proof of concept on the weapons dolly as well...

43e9b5b953ee96d7946733458db2f130.jpg

3316d3e1496ba2624910ad1b9bf4b4cc.jpg

df186fe13480ac66630b7eb033327ee6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Haha, excellent!

To clarify to anyone else reading these posts who may not have seen DoggieDocs thread in the customs section - these are WIPs of additional accessories for Terminator figures that could maybe be produced in 1:6 and 1:10 (NECA) scale. The control box for the chains that lower Arnie into the molten steel and the T-800's dolly cart that he wheels around Cyberdyne loaded up with gasoline cans, explosives and his mini-gun.

Haha, excellent!

To clarify to anyone else reading these posts who may not have seen DoggieDocs thread in the customs section - these are WIPs of additional accessories for Terminator figures that could maybe be produced in 1:6 and 1:10 (NECA) scale. The control box for the chains that lower Arnie into the molten steel and the T-800's dolly cart that he wheels around Cyberdyne loaded up with gasoline cans, explosives and his mini-gun.

Thanks, I didn't even think to mention the context, haha. Anyway, I have a print coming of the control box, I can't wait to see it. I also have an idea for the attached cable where I can make it very poseable rather than just leaving a loose cord hanging from the box.

I'm intrigued.....

So I bought this stuff for another project called gooseneck tubing... it's the sort of flexible, poseable tubing used for things like boom mics on headsets and for this USB lights you can wrap around things. Anyway, I plan on using this as it is poseable, and to make it look like insulated cable, I was going to use black heat shrink tube around it, then attach the whole thing to the control box. That way you can pose the box and cable in any position you want and it will look natural, yet be able to hold its own shape. I hope that makes sense....

Sorry this is WAY off topic for the DX13 thread but here is the flexible, poseable tubing in action for my Doc Ock project...

That could be an ASMR video! Put that in a youtube search, it's a whole big thing these days.

But yeah, seems like a great idea for the cable part.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response

It's something I think we've all experienced but never knew that it's a recognised occurrence that actually has a name.

Youtube is full of videos that specifically aim to tap into it.

Hmm, the more you know.

Anyway, I got word today the control box is printing. Hoping to have in hand next week. This is something I can mold and cast myself so it'll be easy and fast to make copies for everyone who wants one!

Excellent. I always wished I had one for a T2 full BD T-800. And it could just as much be an accessory for Sarah Connor aswell.

''I cannot self-terminate. You must lower me into the steel''

Back