Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I guess I asked for it about how could it be improved!

Still...it is my number 2 fav all time figure only behind my 1/4 Boba Fett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the bloodied face is too tanned, the blood looks like jelly and one part of the endo pieces protruding at the jaw is completely colored blood instead of being a chromed. Plus it REALLY could have used proper weathering, since the stock figure is absurdly clean compared to how he looked in the movie.

30148226033_53a645ca2f_b.jpg
oh man it's so beautiful. why cannot i do the same.

oh man it's so beautiful. why cannot i do the same.

Thanks P! I think the easiest way to do it when having multiple costumes to work on them by stages- that means apply the light weathering first on all costumes, wait about a minute for them to dry and proceed with the next stage. Since the steel mill scene is the most beat up, that's the one you'll be still working on when the others have finished.

The key to get the weathering right is to have multiple colors, like 5 or 5 instead of just one or two. It's nothing irreversible or damaging at all because you can wipe them clean within the first few hours. Just fire up that T2 soundtrack and you'll be done before the album even finishes. :duff

so silly question but why doesn't Hot Toys still use the PERS on most modern figures? is it a head sculpt issue with fitting the system in the head or just an outdated effect that they've moved on from? The only two figures I've ever purchased with this feature is this figure and the DX-08 Joker, I love the feature but I can see over time it becomes a bit "fidgety"

so silly question but why doesn't Hot Toys still use the PERS on most modern figures? is it a head sculpt issue with fitting the system in the head or just an outdated effect that they've moved on from? The only two figures I've ever purchased with this feature is this figure and the DX-08 Joker, I love the feature but I can see over time it becomes a bit "fidgety"

For one, they break easily and second, some figures look worse with PERS, such as the DX10.

I only used one colour in the weathering of my DX13s, 'sand' from those Tamiya weathering kits. I just did it with varying degrees of harshness based on what I was seeing in screengrabs.

As for PERS not being used anymore - do Batman figures not still use it or some form of it?

That head just always looked off to me, probably hence why I went straight for the BD T-800 version at the time of my purchase. I never had any issues with the PERS figures (only two not many to make assumptions) I think there was one time one of the ball sockets popped out but I popped it back in and nothing was ever wrong with either of my figures. I always just thought it was a neat added little feature. On a side note since it seems like a dropped figure feature one thing I do want to comment on is how much I dislike the "off stare" look of most recent figures IE the suicide squade figure half of them are either looking to the side or in some random direction. Don't get me wrong I like having some play-ability to my figures but I can't get over the fixated stares.

PERS is really helpful for a terminator figure. first - it gives him "dead eyes", and second - Schwarzenegger did those underbrow stares a lot in both roles, which is easily replicated on these figures.

PERS was useful but there's no getting away from that slightly unnatural look, even on DX13. So I wish we could have had it both ways.

Yeah PERS was a double aged sword. Good for posing but seemed to mess the sculpt up, Having said that DX Jack Sparrow was one of HT's best likenesses. Seems like HT ditched PERS when they ditched the DX line.

Jack Sparrow wore eye-liner though and that really helped disguise the unnatural shadow created by the thick eyelids on the figure. Terminator figures didn't have that advantage.

Jack Sparrow wore eye-liner though and that really helped disguise the unnatural shadow created by the thick eyelids on the figure. Terminator figures didn't have that advantage.

Excellent point.

As for the DX-13, it's still one of my favorites, as is the original mms117.

I'm not a fan of the DX-10 headsculpt, though. Can the DX-13 headsculpt fit on the DX-10 body?

Excellent point.

As for the DX-13, it's still one of my favorites, as is the original mms117.

I'm not a fan of the DX-10 headsculpt, though. Can the DX-13 headsculpt fit on the DX-10 body?

Consensus seems to go against the DX10 head. There's things it does better than any of the other heads though. The shape of his face is more accurate than any other sculpt Hot Toys did and I think they got the slope of his forehead most accurate on DX10. The others look a bit too caveman.

Trouble is it has so much else wrong with it. :lol

I've seen some people put DX13 heads on the DX10 body but others have had problems. If you don't use the particular neck plug from the DX13 it might be either too loose or, worse, too tight and it could break the plug on the DX10 body. Also the DX10 neck might be a little skinny for the DX13 head and you could have gaps.

But let's be honest here. If a new figure did come out it would probably have as many problems to mull over as this one. Hard to get a perfect figure and especially hard to get a perfect Arnold sculpt. The Commando figure was far from perfect.

Yeah probably.

At this point I don't think I'll be satisfied with a 1:6 Arnold sculpt until I learn how to use Zbrush and do it myself - and I'll either nail it after spending as much time as it ****ing takes or I'll find out why no one has managed to do it :lol

Yeah probably.

At this point I don't think I'll be satisfied with a 1:6 Arnold sculpt until I learn how to use Zbrush and do it myself - and I'll either nail it after spending as much time as it ****ing takes or I'll find out why no one has managed to do it :lol

The sculpt, to me, is one of the best. I have the Murphy Robocop and I believe the DX13 is comparable to that amazing sculpt.

What would you say is the best sculpt done of Arnold? Including the 1/4 Enterbay figure.

The sculpt, to me, is one of the best. I have the Murphy Robocop and I believe the DX13 is comparable to that amazing sculpt.

What would you say is the best sculpt done of Arnold? Including the 1/4 Enterbay figure.

I've considered the Murphy Robocop sculpts perfect myself. Now are they literally perfect? I actually haven't looked into it. I don't want to. I don't want to discover that they aren't (if indeed they aren't). And this is why I feel reluctant to go into detail about my feelings about the various Hot Toys Arnie sculpts. A) because I've done so countless times before and B) because not everyone wants to have things pointed out - it's nice to believe that what you have is perfect and doesn't need any improvement whatsoever.

So I think I'll just say that the single best sculpt at high end is the Enterbay BD. Unfortunately it's only half a face but I think there's enough information there to say that if the same sculptor had been commissioned to do a clean sculpt or even the semi-bd version it would have been perfect or near perfect.

The best Hot Toys sculpt is likewise the T2 full BD sculpt from DX13. With some minor hair alterations I'd be fully content with this one.

The best low end sculpts are NECA's Tech Noir (long hair), BD Tech Noir (with eyebrows singed off) and Dutch 'Jungle Extraction'

nice!! What did you use for weathering?

Thanks. I think I used a combination of brown, yellow, blue, grey and white acrylic paints- whichever suits your liking. All you need to do is drybrsuh them with an old stiff paintbrush.

Back