Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really better then the dx09 ?

Yeah I was going to mention that. I'd say this is definitely equal, or might be a little over DX09. I haven't seen PERS work this well since DX09. Both are the exact reason it's a feature that should be retained, as long as it's done well.

Yeah I was going to mention that. I'd say this is definitely equal, or might be a little over DX09. I haven't seen PERS work this well since DX09. Both are the exact reason it's a feature that should be retained, as long as it's done well.

I actually see all the usual PERS problems on DX09. Its just more excusable because of the raccoon make-up and the cowl. But if you study it up close the PERS on that is no better than DX10.

I actually see all the usual PERS problems on DX09. Its just more excusable because of the raccoon make-up and the cowl. But if you study it up close the PERS on that is no better than DX10.

It's still by far the best of the Batmen PERS though? Not near as good as these eyes.

It's still by far the best of the Batmen PERS though? Not near as good as these eyes.

Yeah but that's because HT continually failed to see that Bale's squinty eyes were a distinctive trait to his Batman that they should have tried to copy onto the figures whereas with Keaton's Batman it didn't matter so much. It was OK that his eyes were bigger. But y'know, cartoony irises, a visible gap between the eyes and the eyelids, those are two issues we usually complain about with PERS and they're right there on DX09. If he were a normal human sculpt it'd be as lowly rated in the PERS department as DX10 and Indiana Jones probably.

DX13 here is definitely the best PERS for a non-make-upped character we've ever seen from HT. I'm glad to be able to say.

Yeah but that's because HT continually failed to see that Bale's squinty eyes were a distinctive trait to his Batman that they should have tried to copy onto the figures whereas with Keaton's Batman it didn't matter so much. It was OK that his eyes were bigger. But y'know, cartoony irises, a visible gap between the eyes and the eyelids, those are two issues we usually complain about with PERS and they're right there on DX09. If he were a normal human sculpt it'd be as lowly rated in the PERS department as DX10 and Indiana Jones probably.

DX13 here is definitely the best PERS for a non-make-upped character we've ever seen from HT. I'm glad to be able to say.

I agree completely, I've sculpted enough PERS eyelids now that I see them in my sleep. No question the DX13 has the best PERS to date, Sparrow comes second IMO.

I agree completely, I've sculpted enough PERS eyelids now that I see them in my sleep. No question the DX13 has the best PERS to date, Sparrow comes second IMO.

Agreed on the eyelids, can't wait to see it in hand. But, and I mentioned this earlier, not only are the eyelids better but the eyeballs themselves. No one has mentioned it. These don't have that starburst pattern like the old ones, like Luke etc. These have a more natural color pattern like a real eye. Which is awesome.

Better PERS, better scaled heads, a new dawn for HT?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

That shelf is chocked full of terminator goodness - nice!!!

Decided to go full on battle damage :lol

DSCF2014_zps35ca9223.jpg

I like how the metal bar (plastic) can go into the little grooves in the base, kind of can rest a leaning fig on it.

DSCF2015_zps95362849.jpg

One criticism of the figure is, It just shows how crud the DX10 sculpt is. :exactly:

DSCF2016_zpsfa31c444.jpg

Best Arnie sculpt by Hot Toys IMO.

Last edited:
Here, not trying to blow anyone away with these shots but I want to show something of what I've got so far and what I was doing yesterday.

Here is my old CREG Customs (custom) figure with the new BD head on it. I also switched out the arms to the new doublejointed elbows and the new BD arm:

The blood on the new endo-parts doesn't jibe with what CREG did but this is planned to be my 'crawling' T-800 so it won't be all that noticeable. Also you can see I've got him impaled with the steel rod. He probably should be impaled higher up his body for accuracy sake but I didn't want to risk it so instead drilled through the lower body which CREG had already hollowed out for a battery compartment (when this used to have an LED for its former NECA headsculpt). Other details about that figure - other than the jacket which is from DX13 he's wearing custom weathered MMS clothes, the bandolier is from NECA (I may replace it with the new HT one)

And here's a comparison of the MMS jacket on the new figure:

^it would need to be weathered, but much better fit.

Last edited:
Just as I expected, you pulled off the scanning pose perfectly, much better than any other attempt I've seen so far. :clap

Thanks. Mainly I looked at the old McFarlane figure as a guide. Afterall In the film all you see is from about the shoulders up! Nothing is finessed or final at this stage though. I want to get an MMS jacket on him for one thing. Eventually I'll really get into the poses.

Back