Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about it, the majority of us will end up selling all this stuff off. These aren't the kinds of things you hold onto for a lifetime. We're not going to be 70 years old kicking back looking at our Hot Toys collections. Just enjoy them while you have them, because you're not going to miss them as much as you think when they're gone.

''I hope you're right. I really do'' - Ripley, Aliens.

''I hope you're right. I really do'' - Ripley, Aliens.

I only miss them when I see a thread here or I reach a point where I usually turn to collectibles for an escape, but I most of the time I forget I don't have them anymore.

Don't worry about it, the majority of us will end up selling all this stuff off. These aren't the kinds of things you hold onto for a lifetime. We're not going to be 70 years old kicking back looking at our Hot Toys collections. Just enjoy them while you have them, because you're not going to miss them as much as you think when they're gone.

:pfft: I want to be buried with mine.

I only miss them when I see a thread here or I reach a point where I usually turn to collectibles for an escape, but I most of the time I forget I don't have them anymore.

Of the stuff I've sold so far I have no particular regrets, mainly I'm growing my appreciation of the ol' Terminator collection and being excited about the new stuff.

Worst part of selling I've found is taking your FS pictures. Obviously to do that you have to be looking at the figure, its easy to succumb to that doubt and decide that you can't bring yourself to sell it after all. Then another new figure gets shown that you 'must have' and that seems to make it easier....

Of the stuff I've sold so far I have no particular regrets, mainly I'm growing my appreciation of the ol' Terminator collection and being excited about the new stuff.

Worst part of selling I've found is taking your FS pictures. Obviously to do that you have to be looking at the figure, its easy to succumb to that doubt and decide that you can't bring yourself to sell it after all. Then another new figure gets shown that you 'must have' and that seems to make it easier....

I had an easy time with straight manufactured stuff but the custom one, especially where I worked hard on them, stung.

Glad I'm not getting into the terminator line. I'm not willing to pay such this price to get this figure, not even HT.

Expensive but preordered. this is the one figure i've wanted for a very long time. to me - T2 is basically the only other essential line besides the Nolan Batman figures. Keeping it simple like this is often difficult but given the cost of these figures I rather indulge only in the absolutely 'must haves' than lots of 'nice to have' figures.

:pfft: I want to be buried with mine.

Don't count me in on that grim future of yours. My toys are here to stay. :wink1:

:exactly: :goodpost: :hi5:

giveit.gif

I want this and 1/6 Endo and I will be very very happy :blissy

We all really enjoy this hobby, but I'll tell you, when you carve a collection down and even find yourself forced to sell the things you really really like, you find out just which ones truly mean something to you and which were more of an indulgence because you could. Everything I still have, I cherrish more now than I used to when I had it amongst so much else. It's very easy to spend when you have the money to do so and get swept up in the fun of it all, but sometimes you also will find, you hurt your ability to take bigger, more important strides in life because of what you've poured into this hobby. If I could go back and just never buy what I sell, as some had to sell for less than I paid in the first place, I would. Lesson learned.

Right now, I have 2 things I'd like to buy as far as high end products go, BD T-800 and HT Hulk. Some NECA stuff coming that I want but that's a lot easier to deal with.

I'm already finding all this to be true. I've had to sell a lot of stuff over the past year and I'm now gearing up for my largest selling spree since I began forum commerce (hopefully). With it I hope to end my 'need' for any figures outside of Terminator and Robocop. What worries me though is that the day will come when I won't even be able to keep those anymore. The way I feel right now thats gonna hurt if it transpires and it quite possibly will. I can't stay in this little flat forever, kids and whatnot. Hopefully by then I will naturally have had a huge (and willing) priority shift so it won't feel as traumatic as I'm currently anticipating. For example I'm having to come to terms with not being able to get the 1989 Batmobile - something I used to assume as a foregone conclusion that I would have one day - its getting easier to accept. Though I do have to avoid the thread for it.

Are that many of us in this boat right now? I'm with you guys. I've sold so much from when I had the completist mentallity (and **** wasn't so damn expensive), and I'm down to mostly just absolute must have pieces.

A-dev, let me encourage you a bit. If you feel torn between continuing to collect and living the rest of your life, start letting go of stuff you think will hurt. I've done it only to find that I actually feel freer when I do, not heartbroken.

Everything has a season in life. For me, this season is somewhat over, except that I still do custom work for people and paint for the industry. I still have a few dream come true, must have figures, but the mania I had once is definitely over. Prices forced me out to some degree, but also life. I spent so much time focused on this stuff that I think I missed out on some other life stuff. Family should always come first. Toys get dusty and outdated, but years with family will go by with or without you. Make them count.

Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

....OK Dean got me curious, yeah there is some innaccuracy with the full BD face. It looks like theres not enough endoskeleton showing in some places. Down by the mouth, around the eye and the damage should extend back a bit further on his cheek. Fleshy remnants on the forehead aren't quite right either.

The shape of the BD parts in general aren't quite right.

This is pretty sweet. Kind of an odd time to anounce it though with DX10 just now hitting, especially considering this has pretty much everything DX10 should've had in the first place.

Back