Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:horror Oh crap, your right. Forget DX and make it an MMS :lol

Its funny I'm still in the habit of hoping PS T-800 will be the next DX and then I have to stop myself.

This damn DX thing, the anticipation of what the next one will be is ever-present even when you don't even like PERS.

Its funny I'm still in the habit of hoping PS T-800 will be the next DX and then I have to stop myself.

This damn DX thing, the anticipation of what the next one will be is ever-present even when you don't even like PERS.

May be they can give a PS with a bike as dx. The bike can be used for other figures. I know the harley wont ever happen but can surely hope. Or they can make a double set! With PS + first version. That would make a good set and worth buy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah man, I'm the same way. I immediately think DX for everything, but realize that I want PERS to go away :monkey1

I'm not a fan of the dx line due to pers system, however some have come out ok, and Rambo could still be good as a dx cause they could make a hair helmet instead of a seam splitting the head in two. As long as the eyes don't have thick eyelids it might come out fine that way, but yes with the mms there's little chance for a goof up.

MMS>DX :lecture

Yeah man, I'm the same way. I immediately think DX for everything, but realize that I want PERS to go away :monkey1

My wants are more towards MMS for every release. Smaller boxes (slightly), no PERS and for the most part cheaper (not always the case). Accessory wise, as we've seen with the Mime Joker, even DX figures can be light and with MMS, like with the recent Barney Ross figure, loaded.

TL;DR - I choose MMS over DX.

I'm not a fan of the dx line due to pers system, however some have come out ok, and Rambo could still be good as a dx cause they could make a hair helmet instead of a seam splitting the head in two. As long as the eyes don't have thick eyelids it might come out fine that way, but yes with the mms there's little chance for a goof up.

MMS>DX :lecture

Hmmm. I suppose Rambo might get away with ''Helmet hair'' like Hulk does. You'd need an overhanging fringe (bangs). Wouldn't work on all characters though.

I'm not even interested in the PS shootout in 1/6 anymore. I'm sold on 1/4 scale. It better be the next thing HT reveals.

I'm not on that boat, I prefer 1/6 for various reasons not saying I wouldn't pick-up a 1/4 version cause I would, but if I had the choice I would want it to be in scale with the rest of my collection.

Hmmm. I suppose Rambo might get away with ''Helmet hair'' like Hulk does. You'd need an overhanging fringe (bangs). Wouldn't work on all characters though.

Yes sir, I think it could work for that figure but yes, I prefer the mms line all the way, pers just seems to mess up the more than it helps. Remember I started the MMS vs DX thread:lol

That's a bit of a turnaround for you. As I recall you've been sceptical about 1:4 for a long time.

I have the QS001 in hand and it blows away the rest of my collection. I want a Terminator in that size. I figured the PS Terminator would be the one that would introduce me to 1/4, but Batman turned out way too good to ignore, especially compared to the DX12. I had to decide to either stick to 1/6 or go with the best version.

1/6 please. No 1/4 for me. I will give it a pass if its 1/4 even though that would mean chopping a part of my heart and crushing it under my shoes. I have resisted every 1/4 scale. My view is they wont make 1/4. They usually make it to better what enterbay does and take the war home to them. But they also usually secure a 1/6 for the same, so am sure 1/6 will come first.

Lastly, i like dx cause of below reasons:

1) packaging
2) accessories
3) sometimes 2 headsculpts so for a lil more investment spend we can get 2 instead of 1
4) and main reason dioramas, i loved what they gave with dx04, dx11, godfather (altho was not dx but dx like) ... So am hoping it comes with a nice prison diorama! ...

As for pers am happy with them on joker and on brucelee, as for dx10 i think its the neckline which was more of a problem and that can be avoided as seen is dx11 and dx4

I have the QS001 in hand and it blows away the rest of my collection. I want a Terminator in that size. I figured the PS Terminator would be the one that would introduce me to 1/4, but Batman turned out way too good to ignore, especially compared to the DX12. I had to decide to either stick to 1/6 or go with the best version.

My personal view is that the dx12 sucked big time, that's why the comparison is not fair... I know people loved it but i was trying to get it and more pics i saw the more i disliked it.

If Hot Toys is still doing a Police Shootout T1 Terminator since the announcement, I hope it's the exact opposite of the QS 001/DX 12 situation.

I hope they make and put out the 1/4 Police Shoot Out first, then after a couple of months we get a 1/6 one.

That really bugged me how the DX 12 and QS 001 had specs/pics at roughly the same time frame but they ended up rushing the DX 12 and not improving anything while the QS got a complete overhaul. Other than the body and Bale head, the DX 12 was awful. There's no reason why they couldn't have produced atleast the cowl head, sonar head and faceplates for the 1/6 version with a little more time.

If Hot Toys is still doing a Police Shootout T1 Terminator since the announcement, I hope it's the exact opposite of the QS 001/DX 12 situation.

I hope they make and put out the 1/4 Police Shoot Out first, then after a couple of months we get a 1/6 one.

That really bugged me how the DX 12 and QS 001 had specs/pics at roughly the same time frame but they ended up rushing the DX 12 and not improving anything while the QS got a complete revamp.

Great point!

My personal view is that the dx12 sucked big time, that's why the comparison is not fair... I know people loved it but i was trying to get it and more pics i saw the more i disliked it.

The comparison may not be fair, but I had to go with the best looking Batman for my collection. And so, I broke the seal. :lol

I'm not on that boat, I prefer 1/6 for various reasons not saying I wouldn't pick-up a 1/4 version cause I would, but if I had the choice I would want it to be in scale with the rest of my collection.

Yeah I'd agree with that. Of course I'll buy the 1:4 but 1:6 is where the real fun is at.

16 November 2012 was when we first got news of the DX13, So they might as well hold out for the full year till they release the fig.

.....nah. They might aswell release it tomorrow. :impatient:

I found that initially, the EB BD T-800 made my 1:6s seem a bit 'runty' for want of a better word. It wore off though, probably at the same time as I realised that 1:4 high end just isn't 'fun'. If they break you're in a world of hurt. At 1:6 your options are plentiful.

Agreed. I was disgusted when I heard it beat DX09 in a FOTY poll. Nolan hype, nothing more.

That really bugged me how the DX 12 and QS 001 had specs/pics at roughly the same time frame but they ended up rushing the DX 12 and not improving anything while the QS got a complete overhaul. Other than the body and Bale head, the DX 12 was awful. There's no reason why they couldn't have produced atleast the cowl head, sonar head and faceplates for the 1/6 version with a little more time.

Trouble with that is while you wait for the 1:6 you might find yourself caught up in people's hype for the 1:4 and buy it. Maybe not though, you do seem to be more disciplined than me.

Back