Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

True, but had enterbay not shown their proto and announcement, HT might separate this into 2 releases:lol

Mainly I'm in awe that it has finally happened. There'll be plenty of time for me to really really look at it but certainly not when I'm in work.

Exactly, many of us have waited years to see this be made at all and are just delighted to see it a reality, the dissection can come later. Plus for me, there's not only a BD figure finally but two with EB an HT and despite scale, there's less red to nitpick a figure as the other may be just perfect, if neither seems that way to us, sure we'll have our criticisms.

Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

....OK Dean got me curious, yeah there is some innaccuracy with the full BD face. It looks like theres not enough endoskeleton showing in some places. Down by the mouth, around the eye and the damage should extend back a bit further on his cheek. Fleshy remnants on the forehead aren't quite right either.

Last edited:

sigpic6575_4.gif
We all see things our own ways...

I'm sure HT will tweak the sculpt for the better by the time it's released-- fixing the exposed cheek pistons, etc.

I see what you did there. You should have circled the Battle Damaged head on my sig pi... Oh wait, there isn't one. If you are making a self promoting dig at me, I guess you missed the part of me liking the light battle damaged head.:rolleyes:

Mainly I'm in awe that it has finally happened. There'll be plenty of time for me to really really look at it but certainly not when I'm in work.

Yeah - it is awesome that they are finally doing it. After the lack of accessories with the 10 I'm pleasantly surprised at how loaded this one is. That T1000 just takes it to a new level. I hope it is actually chromed in the production piece.

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I can't find it within me to pull the trigger on DX Luke.

It just doesn't have the wow factor or something.
They're both iconic in their own ways.

SW is one of the greatest stories EVER told. DX Luke reflects the character / film beautifully. :)

Terminator is the pinnacle of great Sci-Fi - this DX set celebrates the character just as wonderfully.

We can't lose. :wink1:

I'm in love with the T1000 statue almost as much as the figure :lol

Lol me too. One of if not the coolest accessory to come with a HT figure.

They really have knocked this one out of the park. I'm debating on picking up the dx10 now. With all the extras coming with the dx 13 I think the extra body and accessories could come in real handy.

I'm in love with the T1000 statue almost as much as the figure :lol

I know, it fascinates me that they even made it. So cool to actually have the liquid metal version. It's moves like this that make me love HT.

I woke up this morning and totally thought this was a fake. For a long time, just couldn't believe it.

They're both iconic in their own ways.

SW is one of the greatest stories EVER told. DX Luke reflects the character / film beautifully. :)

Terminator is the pinnacle of great Sci-Fi - this DX set celebrates the character just as wonderfully.

We can't lose. :wink1:

I might get DX Luke at some stage. I just hope it doesn't sell out to soon.

The funny thing is seeing ppl compare this to the EB 1/4. This is a proto compared to the final product from EB.

Since when was the 1/4 from Enterbay not a prototype? Yes, it was an "in hand" pic, but it probably was in hands of someone from Enterbay. Have they even released any pics yet?

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I can't find it within me to pull the trigger on DX Luke.

It just doesn't have the wow factor or something.

HT put more effort into this one, no doubt from the competition they are facing from Enterbay.

Very generic looking character(outfit mainly), part of the reason he was a great value as a set i think.

Star Wars is special to me for sure but, T2 was a better movie then ESB for me personally and better soundtrack, better acting, better action, lots of suspense..list goes on.

Since when was the 1/4 from Enterbay not a prototype? Yes, it was an "in hand" pic, but it probably was in hands of someone from Enterbay. Have they even released any pics yet?

I'm going by EB's track record which is that the sculpts go unchanged from the teases to final production piece. So far none of EBs recent figure sculpts have differed from the proto that I've seen

....OK Dean got me curious, yeah there is some innaccuracy with the full BD face. It looks like theres not enough endoskeleton showing in some places. Down by the mouth, around the eye and the damage should extend back a bit further on his cheek. Fleshy remnants on the forehead aren't quite right either.

Yeah, that's right.
A few more details on the endo parts, the CPU port should be positioned a bit more behind its current position and a few bits around the eye.
And then there are of course fleshy parts where EB nailed it, which are still missing on HT's.
But I guess they'll have it, once it's released...

Wait what? Now the previous DX makes total sense :lol Total buy.

Don't know if you're being serious or not, but I think they really do compliment each other. Same style of head sculpts and I'm guessing the BD is using the new body too, though with the addition of arm switching ability.

Well, I might be getting 1/6 T-800 for my collection after all :lol

Pity I'd break my rule of one figure per franchise seeing as I have the EB T-800. I may end up having to sell it so I don't break my rule :(

I am being serious. I think it makes total economic sense, in that they made the base "clean" figure and then had fun destroying it for the BD release. A relatively cheap and easy double-dip, since they use the same base body, head sculpt, and clothing.

Back