Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess TA stopped doing PPO's. I remember they mentioned to me in an email that they were thinking about stopping. Oh, well. I wonder what they'll be selling the body for when they get it in.

I guess TA stopped doing PPO's. I remember they mentioned to me in an email that they were thinking about stopping. Oh, well. I wonder what they'll be selling the body for when they get it in.

Yeah that sucks :gah: I just plan on doing the bullet holes in the neck myself on a TTM20 :yess:

well, in that case... judging by this photo i'd say neck/head section are similar on DX10/13.

d448cfc890f7.jpg

if so, they can be replaced.

We shouldn't be seeing that $h!t on a high-end figure. If they're gonna stick with these damned ball-joint heads they need to implement them better. Theres no point in being able to tilt the head if it opens up a chasm between the head and neck :gah:

And I'd love to say they just haven't put the head on right but the DX10 does that too so there's good reason to think this is exactly the same.

Hey, anyone know when the waitlist on SS for the exclusive started? ... I believe this is a must for any 1/6 scale collector.. not sure if it was mention before but the price for the regular is higher than the exclusive.....????

We're in the minority on that one unfortunately. Its a lost battle.

Not really, hears my take on the matter. I'm completely happy with the neckless sculpts on the mms117 and mms136, I find that it looks good and works well, Its looks great on those figures and you can pose them with or without a shirt and they look fine.

As for the way they implemented it on the dx10 and likey on the dx13 is a fail, reason being is the articulation that you get from the neckless head on those figures is useless because it looks like @$$ when the head is tilted, so in that a sculpted neck would be superior.

In the end I think the pers system takes up to much space in the head so theres not enough room to allow the head to set on the neck deep enough so the gap does no appear when the head is tilted.

Not really, hears my take on the matter. I'm completely happy with the neckless sculpts on the mms117 and mms136, I find that it looks good and works well, Its looks great on those figures and you can pose them with or without a shirt and they look fine.

As for the way they implemented it on the dx10 and likey on the dx13 is a fail, reason being is the articulation that you get from the neckless head on those figures is useless because it looks like @$$ when the head is tilted, so in that a sculpted neck would be superior.

In the end I think the pers system takes up to much space in the head so theres not enough room to allow the head to set on the neck deep enough so the gap does no appear when the head is tilted.

Point well made Skull, I think you're bang-on about the PERS inside the head causing the gap problem.

And the jawlines do look a little more natural on the 117 and 136 figures. Bottom hairlines also look better.

We're in the minority on that one unfortunately. Its a lost battle.
yes you are, because neck joints under shirts look ridiculous, they don't allow you to turn head naturally, clothes always either go up with the neck or worse - fall into the gap between neck&body like on that t-1000 body )

And clothes going up with the neck or down into the gap between neck and body is impossible to correct? Its a minor inconvenience at worst. Oh look don't get me started again.

Neck sculpts connected to the portrait > Neck sculpts connected to the body

The former seems to be a dying breed now unfortunately. Every portrait is separate now.

For me its a case by case thing, depends on the figure, like I said before I wouldn't have the mms117 or 136 done any differently. However a sculpt with the neck attached does look more natural and is a more fitting look for most figures that are fully clothed.

Look at the Nick Fury figure, that has a neckless head and looks bad due to the un-natural seam that takes away from the realism, then look at the blade 2 figure, fully sculpted neck and it makes the figure look great. I could go on and on with examples but you get my point.

With the introduction of pers into neckless sculpts is where things get really ugly, that system takes up a lot of room in the head causing the attachment to be lower and the head now has the male plug attached to it, whereas with a simple solid sculpt the head attachment is female allowing the sculpt to sit deeper and more seamlessly onto the neck.

For me its a case by case thing, depends on the figure, like I said before I wouldn't have the mms117 or 136 done any differently. However a sculpt with the neck attached does look more natural and is a more fitting look for most figures that are fully clothed.

Look at the Nick Fury figure, that has a neckless head and looks bad due to the un-natural seam that takes away from the realism, then look at the blade 2 figure, fully sculpted neck and it makes the figure look great. I could go on and on with examples but you get my point.

With the introduction of pers into neckless sculpts is where things get really ugly, that system takes up a lot of room in the head causing the attachment to be lower and the head now has the male plug attached to it, whereas with a simple solid sculpt the head attachment is female allowing the sculpt to sit deeper and more seamlessly onto the neck.

:goodpost: I agree with everthing in this post, especially the last part. :wink1:

:goodpost: I agree with everthing in this post, especially the last part. :wink1:

Thanks:hi5: and the only other point to be made for sculpted necks is the one you pointed out when we were on Skype, when the head is turned left or right the adams apple correctly follows the head whereas with the neckless heads it does not:lecture

Back