Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tony any chance of you doing a longer version for 89 Bats? Also for those who have it, does it feel like what you imagine Keatons cape felt like in the movie?

not planning to make a longer version cape. the fabric we made took a lot of time, and we don't think we have enough for everyone if we make it longer.....

My TonyMeis capes arrived today.

They are amazing, they drape beautifully and the material is perfect.

Here's a quick crappy pic.

2013-02-06015106_zps851cb35e.jpg

Must . . . resist . . . TonyMeis . . . cape.

tumblr_m7inf69jSx1qmg4ti.gif

Nice one Commtech :clap I'm working on the inner suit this weekend after finish up all the orders. Want to see if we can make it a bit more poseable. It should be fun :)

Id be interested in 1 as well, since i want my batman to at least last for a few years before cracking and falling apart.

Looks really cool :lol

looks more like Lakers colors to me... great work man, jus like a new figah!.... will i need to worry bout the cape reacting w/ the rubber over time with that "additive" u added?...:lol just makin' sure...

looks more like Lakers colors to me... great work man, jus like a new figah!.... will i need to worry bout the cape reacting w/ the rubber over time with that "additive" u added?...:lol just makin' sure...

You'll be fine : ) we had the fabric made for over a year, and after all these project being build, finally got a chance to work on the 89 Batman. When we start playing around with the fabric, it is the same as when it was made.

The additive was to keep the fabric to drape but soft at the same time. It wasn't easy to find a fabric to match the cowl and still allow it to drape down naturally. It was definitely a great experiment and break thru for Crystal and I.

The only down side is we are afraid we don't have enough fabric to last till Hot Toys release their Batman Return figure. The only thing we can do is to hope Hot Toys release a great cape this round.

Anyone know anywhere that's still selling spares of the stock cape? Fancy doing the open cape look but pretty sure I read that it'll never look as good as it could with a cape that's been folded within an inch of it's life already :lol

Back