Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree :) and you'll be surprise for those who contact me they were treated different with benefit thru email

Ok. :) Just to clarify, I think you do fantastic work and I respect you as an artist, and you very well are charging exactly what your product is worth, it's just I can't pay it. :)

I don't want you to think I'm bashing your work. I think you make the best stuff.

Ok. :) Just to clarify, I think you do fantastic work and I respect you as an artist, and you very well are charging exactly what your product is worth, it's just I can't pay it. :)

I don't want you to think I'm bashing your work. I think you make the best stuff.

Thank you and no worry :lol if I could charge less, I usually do. People who contact me thru email asking for discount I usually hook them up, give it a shot.

I raise up the price so it would be fair to other cape maker since I wasn't the first who came into this cape upgrade deal. But I do believe it highly recommended.

Now this is actually what you are paying for....

-Re-pattern the whole cape from scratch

- multiple trial and errors thru mistake one after another just to get the cape size right

- fabric search to find the one that match the most (in terms of texture)

- fabric doesn't drape naturally due to the texture, R&D for the additive to keep the fabric softer

- fabric soft additive test and trial ( takes days to weeks to see the result)

- sewing trial and errors ( what you see on the photo are complete cape we made, but no one really know how many cape we have screw up due to not being satisfy from our own standard) more than 10+ capes usually goes to the trash, that's fabric and effort being throw away.....

Once complete

-take photos (lots of photos, and only choose a few to use)

- post online

- taking order

- fold the capes and packaging them up

- search for customer's name and address since it usually don't match with their SSF screen name :slap

- tape up the package

- drop it off to post office

- confirm tracking with customer thru email (some don't provide the Paypal shipping service) we have to do it manually :slap

Now do it 60+ times over and over.....

Is it worth the price everyone pay for? (Most repeat customer get a major discount, and they know it :lol). As for my end.... I know how everyone feel, but I would offer better deal if I could, that's only if the Boss lady (Crystal) thinks its fairer not, :lol

Thank you for looking at our work as art, we really appreciated :1-1: and we respect your concern since we are also customer to many other artist this forum. We feel the same sometime, but we do put into the same consideration to how we would make it:hi5:

Btw, I live in California, and have another business I ran on a full time base for the past 8 years. We do this simply as an hobby base on passion. This isn't over sea labor, so it's also time out of our hands. QC purpose

Hope this help and give us a chance, we would like to present more hand made work for everyone

Tony

Last edited:
Thanks Tony. Maybe one day you'll get an email from me. :) I just don't have any extra cash at the moment.

Here's some pics.

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

Returns Batman is taking its sweet time to be revealed. I wonder if I should continue to wait for it or just purchase the 89 Batman.

I passed on the 89 during release because I only need one Batman in my collection and I am hoping the BR will have a BW head sculpt.

If the Returns suit is your thing and you want a Wayne head just wait. I never planned on getting the Returns suit because Im not big on the movie but seeing how 89 came out I think it might be hard to pass up. It's probably going to be amazing. But then again if I can't afford both Ill probably drop it for Penguin. If HT invests all their best talent and time into that figure it will really be something special. I'm really looking forward to the Penguin reveal.

I got this this figure and the DX12 last week and I love both figures. The detail and the quality is amazing. Keaton Batman is my favorite but the DX12 is awesome too. I like both series of movies for different reasons. I ordered capes for both from Tonymeis because the pics look great with them and I can't to take my own pics with them. I am looking forward to the Batman Returns figures too but still prefer the 89 Batman suit. Penguin hopefully will be fantastic. I also hope they do a Keaton Head for the Batman Returns with the torn cowl on him. A Christopher Walken Shrek would be awesome too with extra burnt crispy body.

Bought this last night from a fellow board member and will be buying a cape from Tony later today! From all the pictures I've seen I like variety when it comes to poses that this has with both capes and I have no intention to damaging the original cape. Very excited for this to be on my doorstep as I grew up with the 89' Batman and it's still one of my favorite films. I loved Returns but not the suit. Only thing I'd want from the Returns figure would be a B.W. head sculpt if they did one with it. Maybe the gadgets if they vary from the original release. I'm very interested to see how Catwoman and Penguin turn out.

Last edited:
:clap Those are some great pics TheFiend!!! I think the BR figure line will be epic & I'm looking forward to the Penguin & Catwoman. Also, congrats to the new owners of 89 Bats!!! It's an awesome figure & Tony's cape will be a nice addition too.

heres a couple phone pics..not the best but i wanted to show off my new tony meis cape

2013-02-12_20-50-52_45.jpg

2013-02-12_20-49-49_710.jpg

Back