Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i got a replacement head for my dx09 this one doesnt look like christian bale either im deff gonna complain

Am lost for words after reading this. Its looks awful. If i paid £10 and it looked like that i would be pissed, but to pay the prices hot toys charge your insane.

People saying blow dry to fit, does that mean every time you want to make a new pose with the eyes you need go through this.

PERS is a gimmick, I would just pose the eyes once, the way you want them and leave them. If you're changing them there's a greater chance of them breaking. Some have broken them with the first attempt.

Screw Flexpay. I just converted my order and it is being processed. I'm tired of waiting. :yess: :horror
:panic:

I know, right? :lol Good on ya mate. :hi5:

Better to arrive to the party late than after everyone's left.

For those having problems with the "Gargoyle" pose, a little tip: Tuck the cape INSIDE the arms -- just pull the arms out, pull and tuck the back cape folds between the arms and body and close the arms back tight to the body to keep the cape from poofing out.

Last edited:
Ah, but this is the Burton/Keaton BATMAN, he kills without remorse, remember (Red Circus Bomber)?

:exactly:
Mine did not fit very good and I took a blow dryer to it until it got warm and soft and I put it back on the cowl and just held it in place until it cooled. Mine looks perfect now, I would try that first and then if it doesn't work to your satisfaction ask for a refund. The cut mark is an epic fail for HT though, I really wish they would have gone a different route for the PERS, the back plate is very unsightly.

This works for many a thing in this hobby.

Debating on asking for a replacement plate... what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mKdMUw2KsA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

M.

Yeah dude, definitely. Especially woth that little chip in the corner. At least that's what it looks like.

Should have never had a panel in the back of the head in the first place.

That's my only gripe with the figure. Horrible design on a perfectly sculpted head.

:exactly:

PERS needs to go away and never come back.

Quickly. :lecture

This man speaks the truth.

PERS needs to go away and never come back.

Quickly. :lecture

:exactly: We need to go on their FB page and tell them no more PERS on DX figures especially TDKR line. There's nothing special about moving eyes that can easily break when we all spend our good hard earning money on collectibles and some of us get defective ones because of the damn PERS. Look at CR Supes. He's perfect without PERS even though he's not a DX. HT better not screw up on TDKR Bats and put PERS on him or else I'll be pissed if he ends up looking like the DX02 with googley eyes. :lecture

Well, since it seemed that everyone else was jumping off a bridge then I thought that I would too. Decided to try my hand at the cape hanging straight down look. I futzed, I cursed, I started over a number of times, and this is the best that I can do without having to be committed to an asylum.

MK01.jpg

MK02.jpg

MK03.jpg

DC01.jpg

:exactly: We need to go on their FB page and tell them no more PERS on DX figures especially TDKR line. There's nothing special about moving eyes that can easily break when we all spend our good hard earning money on collectibles and some of us get defective ones because of the damn PERS. Look at CR Supes. He's perfect without PERS even though he's not a DX. HT better not screw up on TDKR Bats and put PERS on him or else I'll be pissed if he ends up looking like the DX02 with googley eyes. :lecture

Well far as googley eyes I think you may have a pretty good chance of that not happening considering what they did with Keaton.

Well, since it seemed that everyone else was jumping off a bridge then I thought that I would too. Decided to try my hand at the cape hanging straight down look. I futzed, I cursed, I started over a number of times, and this is the best that I can do without having to be committed to an asylum.

MK01.jpg

MK02.jpg

MK03.jpg

DC01.jpg

Nice pics. Cape looks good too. I think I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to become satisfied with my cape folding. Still doesn't look as good as Jokes and Bats but good enough.

And for the last pic, change it back!:lol

No, it looks good but I liked the way it was before.

Nice pics. Cape looks good too. I think I'm getting used to it and I'm starting to become satisfied with my cape folding. Still doesn't look as good as Jokes and Bats but good enough.

And for the last pic, change it back!:lol

No, it looks good but I liked the way it was before.

Thanks, and yeah, Jokes and Bats set the gold standard. His is just perfection.

Change it back? Are you referring to my Supes' new pose? I've only had one pose since I got the darn thing. I just had to change it. :wink1:

Thanks, and yeah, Jokes and Bats set the gold standard. His is just perfection.

Change it back? Are you referring to my Supes' new pose? I've only had one pose since I got the darn thing. I just had to change it. :wink1:

I was referring to the whole set up with Bale on the right side with the grapple gun, Keaton on the left and yes, Supes in the middle with that nice floating/ landing pose. But I hear ya about having to change it up a bit. Still looks nice.

Aah, right. However, sometimes when you change one figure then you've gotta change them all. I really wanted the Keaton Bats in a relaxed pose, but that threw off the symmetry with Supes and Keaton relaxed w/ Bale in an action pose. Can't put the action pose in the middle because that would also throw off the symmetry with Supes off to the side. So, I had to revert Bale back to the relaxed pose that I had before (and liked, a lot), and I've needed to change the Superman pose for awhile now.

OCD, ain't it grand?

Debating on asking for a replacement plate... what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mKdMUw2KsA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

M.

I think that you might be able to get that plate to sit flush all the way around if you used both hands. That said, I wouldn't tolerate that bottom left corner.

Send it back.

Screw Flexpay. I just converted my order and it is being processed. I'm tired of waiting. :yess: :horror
:panic:

:goodpost:

Great shots Deak! :rock

Absolutely - beautiful shots Deak!! :clap

Hey guys - some help please if you'd be so kind.. apologies for the hefty post in advance..

Basically, I just got my figure out of the box tonight, & I'm being painfully careful with it, as I'm getting 'acquainted' with all the bits & pieces.

Two things - firstly, when you remove the head to put on the cape, does it just pop right off easily enough, or is there some warming of the neck joint type technique that I haven't picked up on? Does it require a little force to remove it?

Secondly - the fins on the glove gauntlets. At the moment they're pointing straight outwards on my figure, & I want to turn the gauntlets inwards to protect the cape & pose it nicely - but the gauntlets seem fixed, & when you turn them - the rubber suit covering the arms twists too. Are they a separate piece that can rotate or not?

Sorry about all the newb questions, I just don't want to break anything.. you know how it is.. :monkey3

Back