Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MK01.jpg

Looks good to me. Love the face in this shot, looks real.

Great close-ups! Very flush PERS door too.

Absolutely - beautiful shots Deak!! :clap

Hey guys - some help please if you'd be so kind.. apologies for the hefty post in advance..

Basically, I just got my figure out of the box tonight, & I'm being painfully careful with it, as I'm getting 'acquainted' with all the bits & pieces.

Two things - firstly, when you remove the head to put on the cape, does it just pop right off easily enough, or is there some warming of the neck joint type technique that I haven't picked up on? Does it require a little force to remove it?

Secondly - the fins on the glove gauntlets. At the moment they're pointing straight outwards on my figure, & I want to turn the gauntlets inwards to protect the cape & pose it nicely - but the gauntlets seem fixed, & when you turn them - the rubber suit covering the arms twists too. Are they a separate piece that can rotate or not?

Sorry about all the newb questions, I just don't want to break anything.. you know how it is.. :monkey3

1. The head - Just pull :) mine came off very easy.
2. The gauntlets - they are two separate pieces. If the suit "follows" the gauntlet when you turn it, try pulling it of to remove the friction occured when its been packed. When it's of, put it back on and you should be able to twist and move them without moving the suit :)!

Good luck, hope this helps.

2. The gauntlets - they are two separate pieces. If the suit "follows" the gauntlet when you turn it, try pulling it of to remove the friction occured when its been packed. When it's of, put it back on and you should be able to twist and move them without moving the suit :)!

Helpful guide to all there JH, thank you. :goodpost:

Thanks man - really appreciate it! :hi5:

Actually, I've been having some MAJOR dramas with loading pages on this site over the last couple hours.. don't know why. Since posting my question, I figured out a few things anyway. Here's my figure at the moment - sorry about the garbage pic, but I just wanted to contribute:

402167437.jpg

As others have mentioned, the cape is very tedious to shape & fold, but very satisfying when it starts to look the goods. :)

i've also gotta adjust the belt to sit right, paper's still on there for now.. :monkey3 :lol

help!!! I finally opened my figure and discovered, for whatever reason, that I can not raise his left arm straigt up in front of him. I can lift it to his side to lift the cape, but it will not lift straight up. I tried several times, but am afraid of breaking it. How do I fix this!

Ah, how do I put this... You don't.

And don't panic, they're all like that. The rubber suit restricts movement at the shoulders, especially the left one. This has been discussed on previous pages. You may want to try rotating the shoulders inward then lift the arms up, then out to get more elevation.

i finally opened him up............well not all the way but enough to look over him & he looks good. maybe a few weeks from now i will take out the accessories and actually put him together. i take the ent approach to opening my figures...........:)

Pretty much the best I can do with the cape. Until tomorrow when I futz and refutz it before doing an action pose.

I know it's frustrating because the material is so light it doesn't hang naturally and each time you get it sortof looking decent it POOFS out like a party dress. :lol And then there are the creases and wrinkles which are impossible to straighten (tried blowdrying them out -- fail) they just won't go away, but I found if you keep pulling the cape down from the bottom folds it behaves better.

I actually made a bubble wrap sleeve (bubble side out) as a kind of slipcover which I slide over the figure to keep the cape as tamed as possible and the dust out. Anyway, here's mine, taken in late L.A. flat light -- the colors ain't great but it is what it is. :D

11aabm.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, P. Time for a new gif! :)
Thanks K! :hi5: And yes a new gif is in the works. Cue Wor-Gar.

But I tell ya, once you get the cape hanging right and the eyes set, it is Definitely Keaton. As you can see I have the open mouth face on now which I prefer but I haven't even started messing with the cool ____.

11aabm.jpg

Last edited:
That looks excellent, Paul! :clap

Eager to get to mine this weekend. I'll see about the GIF while I'm at it. Althought that old Sov GIF still holds up (although the cape sucks).... I bet some around here think its the new one.

Thanks WG! :duff

You'll nail it too I'm sure, it's all about the drape in front. I'm going to try a new method and "target blowdry" those few pesky wrinkled areas without blowing the cape across the room. :lol

And yeah, time for a new gif although I love the old one. Maybe we'll try something new this time, we'll see.

Back