Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT89BAT6.jpg

Much better. No idea why they light their stuff like that. :slap

... i just hope HT will stop using rubber suits ... soon ... make the batman line like the predator line a durable collectible not some cracking rubber material ... :gah:

Damn that looks awesome...reminds me of the Batman in the animated series...Keaton's Bats is a classic! Hope the cape will fall on his shoulders better though like this:

340665_205448652850466_138228759572456_594686_330952_o.jpg

Yeah, you can see how harshly they're lit by the fact that his eye black is purple in the face close-ups. Rough.

What's hilarious are the people on facebook who don't understand what lighting is, and are pissing and moaning about how HT should change the color of his"eye makeup" from purple to black.:lol

What's hilarious are the people on facebook who don't understand what lighting is, and are pissing and moaning about how HT should change the color of his"eye makeup" from purple to black.:lol
What a imbeciles :rotfl

The wire in the cape is gonna be a pain in the ass to pose right judging from prior experience with the Medi TDK batman cape
Yeah, but still it's awesome feature Im0

Yeah they could have done a lot better with that. Im assuming its the wire in the cape that poofing it out. Im mean there is a wire in the cape right? How else did they pull off those fully spread cape shots.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Whomever took these should be fired. 1.) for horrible lighting 2.) not futzing the cape at all. 3.) using a white backround.

I can't wait to see OMG's pics and pics from fellow boardies who know the basics of lighting.

Last edited:

I would happily punch each one of them in the face.

While these pics are absolutely terrible in terms of futzing and lighting, they give you a very very good indication of what the product actually will look like in hand as opposed to the done up promo pics.

And the indication i'm getting is that this is an absolute stunner.

While these pics are absolutely terrible in terms of futzing and lighting.

Yeah, it looks like they didn't even try to make it "look good". It's like they just put it up in over exposed lighting, without futzing or posing it and shot it.

Like you said though, the end result should be fantastic.

My only criticism is that they could do better than that lazy DX stand.

For the DX01 and DX02 it made great sense, they replicated the stands that the movie costumes were on display on in museums and shows

Since then they've just been lazy and changed the texture of the base and not come up with anything original/applicable to the figures in question.

My only criticism is that they could do better than that lazy DX stand.

For the DX01 and DX02 it made great sense, they replicated the stands that the movie costumes were on display on in museums and shows

Since then they've just been lazy and changed the texture of the base and not come up with anything original/applicable to the figures in question.

Yeah, I agree about these stands.

However, I don't think they're final. Look at the hands, they're painted casts. You can see the resin white base where you'd insert the hand pegs. I bet that plate stand is just a stand in, especially with that shoddy glue and all.

Remember the specs for the figure state a DX stand with name plate and the Batman movie logo and the pics of the stand we have gotten so far don't have the logo.

Back