Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was debating on whether to drop Superman a few months ago. But, I decided kept it on pre-order. There's no way that I'm going to cancel it, because most likely, this will be the only good Christopher Reeves Superman that we'll see in 1/6 scale.

Hopefully we'll see a Returns Batman figure down the road. Hoping we get a good, alternate Keaton headsculpt so we can customize a Bruce figure.

Not to derail this thread further but yes that is also my understanding.

Though I'd wager they probably thought we can get away with going non DX and just doing a superman head and suit and charging the fools $210. Why waste time and cost on developing a CK version.

Now that they know what a hot seller he is, they'll surely double dip with a DX at some point that gives us a CK version.

Hopefully we'll see a Returns Batman figure down the road. Hoping we get a good, alternate Keaton headsculpt so we can customize a Bruce figure.

I've been thinking about a Bruce Wayne in a black turtle neck and jeans but I've never particularly cared for a "Bruce Wayne" figure in 1/6 scale. I don't own any versions of Bale as Bruce Wayne, just Bale as Batman. I don't know. If I were to get a Keaton Bruce Wayne figure, I'd have to have a Bale version too.

They both have good tuxedo, casual and Armani (Just figured out recently that Keaton had Armani DB suits) looks but "guys in suits" don't necessarily appeal to me. They're not toyetic and cross that "action figure" territory into the doll category. They both have iconic looks and I'm sure Hot Toys could make a pretty cool Keaton Wayne since he has that great trenchcoat and sunglasses look too but again, I'm not quite sure if that's something I'd be interested in.

The casual black turtle neck and jeans might be hard to pass up on though because it would be a nice relative piece that has a nod or relation to the original 1990 Kenner Bruce Wayne figure.

Batman Returns Batman would be a definite buy though and that would be a logical release for a regular Bruce Wayne head. Though, doesn't he get clawed in the face by Selina when he tries to talk to her? It would be pretty hard to have a "regular" Bruce Wayne head with that big gash on his face.

A Bruce 1/6 has never really interested me, but the custom Bale Bruces I've seen look good. I'd put together a 1/6 Keaton Bruce if there was a good headsculpt.

Yes, Selina claws him in the face. But hopefully we'd get a good clean Bruce before he gets hit. Keaton Bruce would look good in a black turtleneck and blue jeans or tuxedo.

I prefer the look of this suit though compared to the Returns version, although I still don't undertsnad why they made the bat logo on this suit different than the regular bat logo

I've been thinking about a Bruce Wayne in a black turtle neck and jeans but I've never particularly cared for a "Bruce Wayne" figure in 1/6 scale. I don't own any versions of Bale as Bruce Wayne, just Bale as Batman. I don't know. If I were to get a Keaton Bruce Wayne figure, I'd have to have a Bale version too.

They both have good tuxedo, casual and Armani (Just figured out recently that Keaton had Armani DB suits) looks but "guys in suits" don't necessarily appeal to me. They're not toyetic and cross that "action figure" territory into the doll category. They both have iconic looks and I'm sure Hot Toys could make a pretty cool Keaton Wayne since he has that great trenchcoat and sunglasses look too but again, I'm not quite sure if that's something I'd be interested in.

The casual black turtle neck and jeans might be hard to pass up on though because it would be a nice relative piece that has a nod or relation to the original 1990 Kenner Bruce Wayne figure.

Batman Returns Batman would be a definite buy though and that would be a logical release for a regular Bruce Wayne head. Though, doesn't he get clawed in the face by Selina when he tries to talk to her? It would be pretty hard to have a "regular" Bruce Wayne head with that big gash on his face.

Meh. They're all dolls.

But I would love a turtleneck BW.

Back