Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has there been any shots of the shoulders?

Would be great to get a higher resolution shot of this.

page.jpg

I noticed they mention the "BATCAVE" in the bottom right corner. I wonder what this is a reference to?

I'd be in but i'd be PISSED if they did it for '89 and not for the Nolan line :lol

While the Nolan stuff sells like hotcakes, I'd say the '89 suit vault is more unique and interesting and marketable as a 1/6 environment. Perhaps if they do the '89 vault and it does well, they might do the TDK setup. The '89 vault is just so different from anything in the world, but while cool, the Nolan cage doesn't feel unique to Batman, I could see a similar setup in any sort of military/weaponry setup. That's the Nolan world though, most things look like they could be used by folks other than Batman, where in Burton's world, hardly anything he uses looks like you'd find it anywhere else but in Batman's posession.

The 89 Batman version looked way better.

I'd say '89 looked better, slightly.
But I'd want a Nolan version more as I much prefer the films. If I had 1mod6's custom version though I wouldn't care if HT did it cuz that one is perfect.

While the Nolan stuff sells like hotcakes, I'd say the '89 suit vault is more unique and interesting and marketable as a 1/6 environment. Perhaps if they do the '89 vault and it does well, they might do the TDK setup. The '89 vault is just so different from anything in the world, but while cool, the Nolan cage doesn't feel unique to Batman, I could see a similar setup in any sort of military/weaponry setup. That's the Nolan world though, most things look like they could be used by folks other than Batman, where in Burton's world, hardly anything he uses looks like you'd find it anywhere else but in Batman's posession.

I love the look of the TDK armoury, but yeah the '89 one screams 'Batman'.
I'm expecting to see an all out version in TDKR in the new batcave which may rival the '89 one for 'Batman'ness :lol

My response was better.

And shorter.

:lol
Yes it was

I'd be afraid of a 1/6 suit vault though.

What if I put the figure, weapons and gadgets in there, closed the door but forgot the sequence in which to unlock and open it back up? A $230 figure would be stuck in a god knows how much more expensive diorama. If I break the vault that's money lost, if I leave it alone, I can never see my figure again. :gah::panic::gah::panic:

Interesting you said that about Bale and his science/CSI side. In the novel Batman Begins, there is much much more of that, of him being more of a detective. He goes out and does a lot of research when he comes back to Gotham to try and find out more about the League of Shadows. He does a lot more investigating. Actually you see a tiny bit of it in Begins when he discovers the bat flying around in the mansion. That scene in the book is much longer and more descriptive because he was reading his research when he saw the bat.

But its just the novel, the Nolans nor Goyer wrote it, it was by Denis O'Neil, and Nolans didnt have any input to it. But its a great read if you love Begins.

loved the begins novel. really filled in alot of the missing pieces. although i feel parts of it will contradict what we will be seeing in rises.

He doesn't use it but it's in the film. It's on the vault door.

The figure comes with literally everything he uses in the film and somethings he doesn't. Everything he handles, he has. Smoke pellets, extendable gauntlet, everything. The only thing "missing" is the bola extension for the grapple gun that ties the Joker's leg to the Gargoyle, but seeing as though the grapple gun is included with the regular grapple hook, that's a minor nitpick. The other thing is that hand set tracer thing (I'm guessing it's like the tracers he attaches in the comics to track people), but he doesn't even use that.

Batman has everything.

1989batmangadget1.jpg

1989batmangadget2.jpg

batman-the-movie-1989-series-2-topps-215-front-weapon-again.jpg

889-alfred-vault.jpg

NewPicture1-8.jpg

NewPicture-4.jpg

loved the comic book adaptation of '89. jerry ordway ftw...

i have very fond memories of everything surrounding the movie that summer, the merch, the fools with batsymbols shaved into their heads, the topps cards, etc...the soundtrack played constantly on my cassette deck for years. but even in 1989 the movie left me a bit underwelmed.

Last edited:
I'd say '89 looked better, slightly.
But I'd want a Nolan version more as I much prefer the films. If I had 1mod6's custom version though I wouldn't care if HT did it cuz that one is perfect.

I love the look of the TDK armoury, but yeah the '89 one screams 'Batman'.
I'm expecting to see an all out version in TDKR in the new batcave which may rival the '89 one for 'Batman'ness :lol

I like the look of the TDK armory as well, I'm just thinking of past interviews with HT where they've given insight to their product choices. Someone had asked about Inception figures and HT said they didn't have too much interest in pursuing the license because there wasn't much that made the characters unique to that movie vs. just the actor in normal clothing. I feel like the TDK vs. '89 vault would be the same, the TDK cage is just a storage cage, but the '89 vault would look much more interesting on a shelf, especially if they did some rock around the edges to give it a bit more context. I'd be tempted to get the '89 vault as Batman could look really cool standing next to it and you don't have to give up a figure for it. I think that also favors the '89 over TDK. The TDK cage looks best with the basuit in it, which means giving up a whole figure to pretend to be an empty suit and then display a Bruce Wayne in front of it, I don't think Batman standing in front of the empty cage would look all that good. So, with HT not making Wayne figures, there'd be no HT made figure to go with the TDK vault, but there is one that'd go great with the '89.

I'd be afraid of a 1/6 suit vault though.

What if I put the figure, weapons and gadgets in there, closed the door but forgot the sequence in which to unlock and open it back up? A $230 figure would be stuck in a god knows how much more expensive diorama. If I break the vault that's money lost, if I leave it alone, I can never see my figure again. :gah::panic::gah::panic:

If they do it, it would be cool of its just turn the large knob and it opens. After all, I think that's how Alfred opens and closes it in the movie, no sequence or anything. Which I figure makes total sense, no point in making the Batsuit extra difficult for a possible intruder to discover, when the Batmobile is just parked out there visible.

I like the look of the TDK armory as well, I'm just thinking of past interviews with HT where they've given insight to their product choices. Someone had asked about Inception figures and HT said they didn't have too much interest in pursuing the license because there wasn't much that made the characters unique to that movie vs. just the actor in normal clothing. I feel like the TDK vs. '89 vault would be the same, the TDK cage is just a storage cage, but the '89 vault would look much more interesting on a shelf, especially if they did some rock around the edges to give it a bit more context. I'd be tempted to get the '89 vault as Batman could look really cool standing next to it and you don't have to give up a figure for it. I think that also favors the '89 over TDK. The TDK cage looks best with the basuit in it, which means giving up a whole figure to pretend to be an empty suit and then display a Bruce Wayne in front of it, I don't think Batman standing in front of the empty cage would look all that good. So, with HT not making Wayne figures, there'd be no HT made figure to go with the TDK vault, but there is one that'd go great with the '89.

Or they could just make a suited Wayne figure that comes with the dio... and charge $400 for it :lol

But yes I see what you're saying, nevertheless, they'd have no problem selling out if they made a TDK Armoury IMO, with or without a Wayne figure.

If they do it, it would be cool of its just turn the large knob and it opens. After all, I think that's how Alfred opens and closes it in the movie, no sequence or anything. Which I figure makes total sense, no point in making the Batsuit extra difficult for a possible intruder to discover, when the Batmobile is just parked out there visible.

I was kidding. :lol

But of course it's meant to lock in the film, every vault has a sequence in which you turn the bars to open it. If it didn't function that way, he'd just keep it in a closet or a wardrobe.

Which begs to question, is Bruce Wayne really that paranoid? Couldn't he just keep the suit under his bed?

Yeah but wouldn't you also need an empty '89 cowl to display inside the vault, plus a separate Keaton head for a figure of Bruce Wayne? I don't think Batman got got dressed inside the vault, it would be a little odd to have the figure displayed just standing in there.

All this talk of the cave with the vault and the computer console is taking me back to the Batcave Command Center from Kenner (the initial release---before all of the awful repaints). I think they originally intended it to come out in the Dark Knight Collection for the first film, but didn't release it until the Batman Returns line. One of the best toy playsets ever, and a great compromise between accuracy and playability (unlike the cool, but way too massive Batman Forever Batcave). Plus it had Wayne Manor, and the Penguin's hideout (clearly inspired by Axis Chemicals).

Back