Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, at the risk of mentioning movies that "don't exist" :lol, had the suit been locked up in Forever and not out in the open, it wouldn't have been blown up by the Riddler.

That said, of the two Burton setups, I like the one suit vault in '89 better than the multi-suit setup in Returns.

Yeah but wouldn't you also need an empty '89 cowl to display inside the vault, plus a separate Keaton head for a figure of Bruce Wayne? I don't think Batman got got dressed inside the vault, it would be a little odd to have the figure displayed just standing in there.

All this talk of the cave with the vault and the computer console is taking me back to the Batcave Command Center from Kenner (the initial release---before all of the awful repaints). I think they originally intended it to come out in the Dark Knight Collection for the first film, but didn't release it until the Batman Returns line. One of the best toy playsets ever, and a great compromise between accuracy and playability (unlike the cool, but way too massive Batman Forever Batcave). Plus it had Wayne Manor, and the Penguin's hideout (clearly inspired by Axis Chemicals).

To this day that remains the one toy I spent the most time with - an all time classic :lecture:lecture:lecture

Yeah but wouldn't you also need an empty '89 cowl to display inside the vault, plus a separate Keaton head for a figure of Bruce Wayne?

No, I'm saying you can display Batman outside of the vault next to it, door open, no suit inside, weapons in the pockets on the door, and that would look cool, no Wayne head or Wayne figure.

All this talk of the cave with the vault and the computer console is taking me back to the Batcave Command Center from Kenner (the initial release---before all of the awful repaints). I think they originally intended it to come out in the Dark Knight Collection for the first film, but didn't release it until the Batman Returns line. One of the best toy playsets ever, and a great compromise between accuracy and playability (unlike the cool, but way too massive Batman Forever Batcave). Plus it had Wayne Manor, and the Penguin's hideout (clearly inspired by Axis Chemicals).

As a kid I had 3 playsets that got heavy use for many different licenses, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sewer playset, the Batman Returns Batcave/Wayne Manor playset and the Ghostbusters firehouse.

No, I'm saying you can display Batman outside of the vault next to it, door open, no suit inside, weapons in the pockets on the door, and that would look cool, no Wayne head or Wayne figure.

Yep, and he's actually inside it suiting up.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxqwIuK6FDs"]Batman (1989) Suit Up - YouTube[/ame]

I could imagine an LED light in it too. Imagine that casting down on Batman's head, in the vault, on a detolf shelf.

Oh yeah...I should've read that more closely. But how awesome would this look:

bat_suit.JPG

Gotta love the little spotlight creating shadows on the empty cowl. It would be cool if it turned on when the door opened...like a refrigerator. :)

Oh yeah...I should've read that more closely. But how awesome would this look:

bat_suit.JPG

Gotta love the little spotlight creating shadows on the empty cowl. It would be cool if it turned on when the door opened...like a refrigerator. :)

That would look great, I was just thinking of things from a marketing standpoint. That would mean buying a Batman figure to be an empty suit, which some would, but not all, and if that were the only way to enjoy the vault, it wouldn't sell as much as if you could get it to compliment a single figure, and the '89 Batman would look good standing next to the vault vs. the Nolan Batman figure standing next to that empty vault.

I could imagine an LED light in it too. Imagine that casting down on Batman's head, in the vault, on a detolf shelf.

I can't wait to replicate the reveal shot at the end of that clip with this figure, one of my favorites in the movie.

Batman (1989) Suit Up - YouTube

Maybe he's inside, but you really can't tell one way or the other from those tight camera shots, and speaking of tight...doesn't look like there is enough room in there, plus at the end you can see he is standing out in the larger cave by all of the rock formations behind him, but maybe he just stepped out of the vault? :dunno

Haha, I had the exact same thought as you about the light.:hi5: Now I'm really thinking about this vault. Even if HT doesn't do it, this would be one of the easiest customs to make. Besides the rock formations outside of it, door details, hinge and knob, most of of it is flat and pretty evenly painted.

Please don't get me started . . . .

f9f2c506f20b1e749da00ec6bf252983.gif

That would look great, I was just thinking of things from a marketing standpoint. That would mean buying a Batman figure to be an empty suit, which some would, but not all, and if that were the only way to enjoy the vault, it wouldn't sell as much as if you could get it to compliment a single figure, and the '89 Batman would look good standing next to the vault vs. the Nolan Batman figure standing next to that empty vault.

Agreed. If they don't do it, a skilled customizer would probably make a mold of the masked head to swap out as an empty cowl. I would be too afraid to try it myself for fear of lifting some paint details from the figure.

Agreed. If they don't do it, a skilled customizer would probably make a mold of the masked head to swap out as an empty cowl. I would be too afraid to try it myself for fear of lifting some paint details from the figure.

Or you could just take the mouth piece out, leave the section empty and shine a light above the eyes to make it appear that it's just the suit. Or just make little shapes of black construction paper and place them in front of the eyes.

The best diorama/environment Hot Toys or Sideshow could come out with for Batman is a piece of the Belltower balcony. That way, it could be used for both Batman and Joker. Pretty simple too; a stone balcony, a gargoyle or two, and a stone archway behind them.

web.jpg

That Keaton to Batman figure was neat(Keaton sculpt was very good) but, i always loved playing with my ToyBiz round jaw Keaton Batman more then that one.

The best diorama/environment Hot Toys or Sideshow could come out with for Batman is a piece of the Belltower balcony. That way, it could be used for both Batman and Joker. Pretty simple too; a stone balcony, a gargoyle or two, and a stone archway behind them.

No, THIS would be the best,

1196353710.jpg

Back