Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What they need to do is work on their capes. Gives us a bad ass cape for the love of god.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’d lose the PERS and ditch the one piece rubber suit. This has been discussed for years.

Give him a new cowl head with no seams. Design it like BvS Affleck and have the three eye plate panels (netrual, looking to the left, looking to he right) that feed up into the figure’s head. Give him 4 new faces that are actually different from one another. An angry face is a must.

The suit should be a cross between their Spider-Man/Stormtroopers/TDK Batman. Under suit made out of fabric with 6 pieces of sculpted plastic vinyl, silicone chest/torso armor, leggings, forearm and knee pads sewn and glued over top of it. No rubber, all the articulation one could need. Simple as that.

Make sure the elbows and knees are on ratchets for extra durability and make a nice thin cape with some weight to it with no gimmicks. Boom. Done. $280

For *only* $460?

What a steal!!!

Yeah it was definitely a great deal considering the high price he usually goes for. I had to stalk eBay for a while to find him at that price. Even then I got the guy who sold him to me to come down to that price. I wasn't so lucky for my Joker. H**l! I paid about the same recently for my 66 Batman and Robin as I paid for 89 Joker :thud:

Yeah, I?d lose the PERS and ditch the one piece rubber suit. This has been discussed for years.

Give him a new cowl head with no seams. Design it like BvS Affleck and have the three eye plate panels (netrual, looking to the left, looking to he right) that feed up into the figure?s head. Give him 4 new faces that are actually different from one another. An angry face is a must.

The suit should be a cross between their Spider-Man/Stormtroopers/TDK Batman. Under suit made out of fabric with 6 pieces of sculpted plastic vinyl, silicone chest/torso armor, leggings, forearm and knee pads sewn and glued over top of it. No rubber, all the articulation one could need. Simple as that.

Make sure the elbows and knees are on ratchets for extra durability and make a nice thin cape with some weight to it with no gimmicks. Boom. Done. $280
Yeah, the actual costume wasn't solid rubber and the HT piece would be improved by mimicking that. Add ratchet joints and I would definitely consider buying it.

I'm sure they'd get the head wrong, but I could always use the existing head instead.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’d lose the PERS and ditch the one piece rubber suit. This has been discussed for years.

Give him a new cowl head with no seams. Design it like BvS Affleck and have the three eye plate panels (netrual, looking to the left, looking to he right) that feed up into the figure’s head. Give him 4 new faces that are actually different from one another. An angry face is a must.

You just described what would have been this company's greatest accomplishment. I cry.

I’d be all for an updated version of this with the changes DiFabio mentioned. Although I’m not a fan of ratcheted joints and think if the suit were designed properly they wouldn’t be needed.

I’ll take a fully battle damaged cathedral version too while we’re dreaming.

I?d be all for an updated version of this with the changes DiFabio mentioned. Although I?m not a fan of ratcheted joints and think if the suit were designed properly they wouldn?t be needed.

I?ll take a fully battle damaged cathedral version too while we?re dreaming.

*cries more*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think there would be a DX09 2.0.
The hype for Batman 89 vanished a long time ago. The 30 years of the movie already passed. And HT got so many projects for MCU or SW to waste time on old franchises.
I can’t blame people who spend 450 or 500 $ for this figure cause it’s so good but ?*ouch*?, it was almost the retail price of the Batmobile...
But other time, other prices... Useless to check the Batmobile price nowadays.

Yeah, following DX14 HT should have realeased a BD/Cathedral Batman.
A few years ago I had the luck to jump on a Custom one with burnt and wounded effects ( I just delined the cape and added weathering and dust for more accuracy) I paid 300 €. I thought it was really pricey back to 2016-2017 as I paid my regular new 180€ but now sounds like a bargain.
But it is one of my favorite collectibles!

If you look at the eBay prices for these pieces and even the demand for the NECA stuff it's clear there is still an appetite for Burton Batman.

I hope they are re-released with improvements and followed by Catwoman.

Thanks BigWane! :wink1:
Yeah it would be awesome next to the Batwing but I don’t have the budget and above all the room for it...

sj2106: sorry for the misunderstanding. When I said that the franchise was not popular, I spoke about the company and not the customers.
You’re right, Burton Batman will ever be popular!

Thanks BigWane! :wink1:
Yeah it would be awesome next to the Batwing but I don?t have the budget and above all the room for it...

sj2106: sorry for the misunderstanding. When I said that the franchise was not popular, I spoke about the company and not the customers.
You?re right, Burton Batman will ever be popular!

Agreed, it's hugely under valued by Hot Toys. All the Pfeiffer Catwoman statues go for way above retail but HT still refuse to give us a figure. Neca have reissued their Burton figures such was the popularity.

However many Hathaway Catwoman figures they sold, Pfeiffer would sell double the amount.

New 89 Bat's and Joker are way overdue. Now would be a good time before all the new Batman movie merchandise starts to appear.

Please rerelease and do a catwoman. Even though I was collecting at the time the Batman was just a little too expensive. Believe me, I feel ridiculous now. A catwoman would sell gangbusters though. The suit, the performance and the importance of the movie to toy collectors in their 30s/40s hits all of hot toys notes.

However many Hathaway Catwoman figures they sold, Pfeiffer would sell double the amount.
Yep. Hathaway was okay but Pfeiffer is still the quintessential Catwoman. Although I'd happily buy both Hathaway 2.0 and Pfeiffer Catwoman figures.

Revisited one of my old shot.

Studio Session-1738 b rz.jpg

Back