Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll be the 3rd person in a row to mention a sale. Im selling my DX09 which I have posted in the marketplace with pics if anyone is interested. $385 shipped.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Nothing triggers my cape ocd thank looking at the Shf 1989 Batman cape. It?s horrendous, think of something you can?t fitz, would be curious if jaxxon was interested in making one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they dod a new one with a new head, as they have done for Bale, it would probably be worse. HT lately can't seem to achieve the likenesses seen on figures like the DX09, DX13, RoboCop, etc.

They seem more miss than hit these days. U have no regrets about buying this figure, though the pri es were .ore reasons when I got it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

This will be reissued one day I?m sure. Do not pay aftermarket prices for used ****.

Considering how many DC figures Hot Toys released for preorder this year, i wouldn't hold my breath that this figure will be released again. I got mine this year, used, for only $460 and it was in excellent condition still.

Well, if HT does a 2.0 it'll be priced at $300 dollars and probably have a new headsculpt with a worse likeness, so if dude wants to pay a little more to get one of the best figures HT has made, the sort of figure that they rarely make today, I dont blame him at all.

Well, if HT does a 2.0 it'll be priced at $300 dollars and probably have a new headsculpt with a worse likeness, so if dude wants to pay a little more to get one of the best figures HT has made, the sort of figure that they rarely make today, I dont blame him at all.

Agreed. If you can afford it, it's a personal decision.

I do think aftermarket prices are goofy on a lot of pieces these days, but that figure is at least something of a classic.

I hope Hot Toys reissue this as well. Prices are insane for this and the 1989 Joker and sometimes it's even worse here in the for sale section compared to other places.

I hope Hot Toys reissue this as well. Prices are insane for this and the 1989 Joker and sometimes it's even worse here in the for sale section compared to other places.

Correct. You gotta remember that you are also buying a rubber figure, that is also been USED for almost a decade, it is simply insane to me to be paying almost double what it originally retailed at. If anything, I'll give you $20.

And if a reissue does not happen, well, life actually goes on.

They could definitely improve the ‘89 Batman.

But they wouldn’t. If they ever revisit it with a 2.0, we know damn well what it would be. Reuse, reuse, reuse.

And the prices are nuts! The head alone goes for almost $200 and people are paying it too! :lol

A116B034-6716-47E6-9190-87DA678F984D.jpeg

Agreed. If you can afford it, it's a personal decision.

I do think aftermarket prices are goofy on a lot of pieces these days, but that figure is at least something of a classic.
Absolutely. For example, I want a Mk V Iron Man, but I'm certainly never going to buy one at aftermarket prices because they're off the charts. Paying $460 for this figure is pretty mild by comparison.

This is a luxury hobby; I'd never shame someone for paying to get what they want... unless it's to the detriment of their other financial obligations, of course.

Maybe Mars Toys, who's making a bootleg HT Joker (1989), also plans on doing a Batman? I'd definitely buy a post-Batwing crash Batman with battle damage. Surprising neither HT nor NECA ever attempted this variantion.

They could definitely improve the ?89 Batman.

But they wouldn?t. If they ever revisit it with a 2.0, we know damn well what it would be. Reuse, reuse, reuse.

And the prices are nuts! The head alone goes for almost $200 and people are paying it too! [emoji38]

View attachment 500609
If they were to do a new head, like they are doing with the new Bale figure, I genuinely believe it would be inferior. The DX09 has a truly excellent likeness, and that level of accuracy has become more and more rare with HT's recent releases, I feel. While HT has always been hit and miss with likeliness, these days I feel like the likenesses are off more often than not. That 1/4 Joker was truly terrible, for example. I wouldn't trust them to produce something as on point as the DX09 or the Battle Damaged RoboCop today.

The *only* way to improve the 89's head is simply doing away with PERS and adding 2 other sculpts with the ayes looking at different directions. That's it. EB did it perfectly with their BB 1/4 figure.

Now I know there is no way in hell HT will ever add 2 separe cowls, so I'll just take a neutral one w/o PERS.

The body could use some improvements too, but TBH, the figure was perfect as is replicating the stiffness of the actual suit wore by the OG Keaton.

The Returns version? Oh, that was a bit of a disappointment. Keaton HS was IMO the worst HS ever created by HT. And the lack of a Glider attachment was a serious offense.

**** HT.

Back