Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW...I hate when a Hot Toys figure breaks...but man are they fun to tear into and take apart...the plastic clips on the back of the eyes are both cracked...so judging by the way they move...if the eyes are moved very slowly...first left to right and then up and down...should be minimal stress on the device. Same way they say to pose the heads.

Now if Hot Toys made the pers system out of little metal pieces...the eyes would NEVER break...I can still pose the eyes, just one at a time, and I leave the plate out of the head, so I just remove the back cowl piece and move each eye stick...not so bad...still fully functional...

LOL could not help it

304140_v1.jpg

WOW...I hate when a Hot Toys figure breaks...but man are they fun to tear into and take apart...the plastic clips on the back of the eyes are both cracked...so judging by the way they move...if the eyes are moved very slowly...first left to right and then up and down...should be minimal stress on the device. Same way they say to pose the heads.

Now if Hot Toys made the pers system out of little metal pieces...the eyes would NEVER break...I can still pose the eyes, just one at a time, and I leave the plate out of the head, so I just remove the back cowl piece and move each eye stick...not so bad...still fully functional...

wow! could you post some pics, when possible?

I know, for real?...I just watched Batman again yesterday, and it always amazed me how with bombs and a gatling gun...Plus being locked onto him with a range finder or whatever...That Batman completely missed hitting him...Only to be taken out with one shot by Joker's huge, ridiculous revolver...I guess it just goes towards the campy/humorous aspect of this movie...

I know, for real?...I just watched Batman again yesterday, and it always amazed me how with bombs and a gatling gun...Plus being locked onto him with a range finder or whatever...That Batman completely missed hitting him...Only to be taken out with one shot by Joker's huge, ridiculous revolver...I guess it just goes towards the campy/humorous aspect of this movie...

Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?

:mad:

Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?

:mad:

lol...well, you have to admit, there's more camp/humor in this Joker than say TDK Joker...It may be a darker camp/humor, like some of the joker gags and whatnot...Compared to Heath's Joker, I see Nicholson as a little darker or serious version almost of the Joker from the 1966 series...This is how I see it all anyway....

I have a lot of problem to keep in place the arp gun on the belt..is frustating..the magnet used is very powerful I've tried with some pieces of metal...

but the plaque on the gun is not made of metal I think..weird..
any advice..?
I've tried with adesive tape already but..terrible result..

I have a lot of problem to keep in place the arp gun on the belt..is frustating..the magnet used is very powerful I've tried with some pieces of metal...

but the plaque on the gun is not made of metal I think..weird..
any advice..?
I've tried with adesive tape already but..terrible result..

I think it's a common issue. HT magnets are often quite poor.

I used some blu tac to keep mine in place.

I've packed up both my Batman and Joker and put them up for sale. No more '89 Batman collectibles for me. Batman in particular is one HT's best but I just don't love the movie like I did when I was a young'n so it doesn't feel right owning an expensive collectibles from it.

I think it's a common issue. HT magnets are often quite poor.

I used some blu tac to keep mine in place.

nice advice.. thx
but the magnet is quite good.. I tried already..is the plaque on the harpoon gun in metal ? because I have my doubts now..
I don't have any other magnet to try..damn..

I've packed up both my Batman and Joker and put them up for sale. No more '89 Batman collectibles for me. Batman in particular is one HT's best but I just don't love the movie like I did when I was a young'n so it doesn't feel right owning an expensive collectibles from it.

I get like that sometimes.

Yeah, I was just at this point with my Nolan Batman stuff. I just don't like it as much as I did. I ended up paring all of it down to just the DX 12 Batman, Bank Robber, DX 11 Joker and batpod. I think I'm going to reduce it to just one sole Batman and Joker now.

I sort of felt conflicted selling my last Two-Face, the Scarecrow/Demon and my Begins suit figures, but the monetary return and profit I received was well worth it. I couldn't believe I made an additional $500 on Two-Face and $400 for DX 01. It also helped that the damn things weren't holding up with deteriorating knees and joints that were out of my control. As far as Hot Toys Batman goes, I'm perfectly content with one Keaton, one Bale, the '89 Batmobile, Batpod and two versions of Nicholson and Ledger. A minimal collection is more appealing to me now as opposed to "collecting them all".

It's funny because although I think the Batman figure is great, I lost interest in Keaton as Batman. It just doesn't work for me anymore.

On the flipside, I think Jack as the Joker is great, but the figure was a bit of an annoyance to me, making it not really fun to own. It was the harder of the two to pack up. I just might end up buying if HT comes out with a new, improved, loaded Joker set.

And while you've cut down on your Nolan collection, I've been working on expanding it. My interest in it is strong now but like anything, it could fade in the future, at which time I'll sell it off. I've actually had 5 Nolan figures come and go from my collection, but it those sales didn't have to do with my interest in the franchise. It was quality issues for the most part.

Yeah, the only thing I dislike about DX 08 Joker are the white sleeves coming undone at the wrist joint. I hate how they pop out from hand swaps. Thankfully, I can pop the hands off in such a way that the sleeves won't come undone. The plastic buttons kind of annoy me, especially with the tench coat, but I have multiples so undoing the button isn't really a problem. My worst experience with snaps is easily Scarecrow from the two pack. His clothes were crap.

I don't think I could ever sell my DX 08 or DX 09, they're just too cool to sell, but then again, I've thought that about a lot of the items that I ultimately sold. Hell, I was really sentimental about DX 01 Joker but I ended up dumping it too. The Bank Robber Joker was one of my favorite memories in this hobby upon release, now I'm seriously considering getting rid of it and just keeping one, regular "clown shape".

While I love what Nolan brought to the table, i, too, have started to sell my TDK collection. I'm down to the DX12 and both the Tumbler and the Batpod ... And man, are those space consuming or what?
I also have the EB Bats as well as the HT QS, and I've been thinking that I'd just need a 1/4 Ledger Joker to have a very amazing representation of TDK along with those two.

I'll more than likely let go of the 1/6 vehicles and DX12 soon, as i have absolutely no real love for them any longer. Selling that Tumbler is going to be a pain though, as it is quite expensive to ship.

I don't think (as of now) I could ever let go of my Burton collection though.

While I love what Nolan brought to the table, i, too, have started to sell my TDK collection. I'm down to the DX12 and both the Tumbler and the Batpod ... And man, are those space consuming or what?
I also have the EB Bats as well as the HT QS, and I've been thinking that I'd just need a 1/4 Ledger Joker to have a very amazing representation of TDK along with those two.

I'll more than likely let go of the 1/6 vehicles and DX12 soon, as i have absolutely no real love for them any longer. Selling that Tumbler is going to be a pain though, as it is quite expensive to ship.

I don't think (as of now) I could ever let go of my Burton collection though.

I would not sell any of your Burton's.. I sold mine back in Feb and regretted it since I sold them... was finally able to get them back... Never again am I seeling them...

Back