Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone sanded down their faceplate like the DX12 mod? I seem to have a lil' bit of the left cheek bone protruding from the cowl.

It's not really protruding, the faceplate just isn't sharp on those edges, but rounded... making it look like it's not all the way in.

The DX12 has the same exact problem. Sanding the back of the face-plate made it go away.

Too scared to do it to my DX09 though...

The DX12 has the same exact problem. Sanding the back of the face-plate made it go away.

Too scared to do it to my DX09 though...

Maybe I'll pick up a spare faceplate on eBay. I'll post up and let you guys know how it goes.

Edit: I managed to find one for 20 bux but won't receive it 'til Jan 12-16. :(

Last edited:
HT 2012 Figure of the Year- no contest. As much as Iron Monger is impressive and 89 Joker is a knock out , this figure is just about perfection- Keaton is so there in this figure- it is just unbeatable!

As a huge fan of the figure I just can't agree with this. I don't think the figure is perfection. Perfection would entail the cape to look good naturally without modding or futzing. It would also entail that the head looked good. The head looks great but I can't abide the massive chunk in it that is very nastily visable to move the pers. also the fact that the rubber is too thick to allow him to keep his elbows bent.

Is it an awesome figure? Hell yes. A favorite? Yes it is. I don't think it's the best of the year so much as it is a favorite of the year.

Is it an awesome figure? Hell yes. A favorite? Yes it is. I don't think it's the best of the year so much as it is a favorite of the year.

Sorry friend...

HT 2012 Figure of the Year- no contest. As much as Iron Monger is impressive and 89 Joker is a knock out , this figure is just about perfection- Keaton is so there in this figure- it is just unbeatable!

...but I am with spindrift. :goodpost: :exactly:

He definitely should have been done the way they've been doing the Predators. Solid body. No rubber. It would have made for a pleasing aesthetic while allowing maximum poseability. Only the tiniest niche of super-anl fanboys would've gone apespit over "exposed joints."

That said he's hands down my favorite figure from last year. The nostalgia alone pushes him over the edge.

Has anyone tried black leather dye on the inside of the lining - less cape? It seems like the most logical choice to darken it without adding the plasticy stiffness that comes with a layer of acrylic paint, even watered down.

Back