Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He definitely should have been done the way they've been doing the Predators. Solid body. No rubber. It would have made for a pleasing aesthetic while allowing maximum poseability. Only the tiniest niche of super-anl fanboys would've gone apespit over "exposed joints."

The stiffness of this figure doesn't bother me that much. It's almost a characteristic of the Michael Keaton Bats. That was a stiff suit so I don't mind that my figure is a little lacking in poseability. The man couldn't turn his head.. The straight up, cape draping over the shoulders pose is good enough for me.

Yeah, I get ya. :wink1:

My point was more, that they don't necessarily need to be displayed together to pop - both figures are great focus art pieces in their own right. You could quite easily set up a shelf space for each on their own as individual focus displays.

I was always going to own both though. As a huge fan of the first movie - & of Jack Nicholson, it was a given from day one. :)

As a huge fan of the figure I just can't agree with this. I don't think the figure is perfection. Perfection would entail the cape to look good naturally without modding or futzing. It would also entail that the head looked good. The head looks great but I can't abide the massive chunk in it that is very nastily visable to move the pers. also the fact that the rubber is too thick to allow him to keep his elbows bent.

Is it an awesome figure? Hell yes. A favorite? Yes it is. I don't think it's the best of the year so much as it is a favorite of the year.

The stock cape can be futzed to look great. It's a pain, but it can be done.

And I've been thinking about the PERS panel... honestly I don't think they had another option. The joystick works on the Dark Knight bats because they are neckless figures. The mechanism would just be way too far in there on this figure to make the joystick viable.

Articulation? I agree that it's limited, but again, it's unavoidable here.

Has anyone tried black leather dye on the inside of the lining - less cape? It seems like the most logical choice to darken it without adding the plasticy stiffness that comes with a layer of acrylic paint, even watered down.

Never heard of it, but sounds interesting.

Articulation? I agree that it's limited, but again, it's unavoidable here.

Never heard of it, but sounds interesting.
it was unavoidable for keaton for real in the movie..so they are perfect movie accurate ;)
no defect for me... this figure is quite perfect..

I actually love the pictures of Keaton and Reeve together. I think they are a better pair but when I was a kid I always thought of them two together so maybe thats why

Actually he's very stable. The back of one ear rests against the ceiling bulkhead, but that's difficult to see from below and it looks like he's free standing

Actually he's very stable. The back of one ear rests against the ceiling bulkhead, but that's difficult to see from below and it looks like he's free standing

I wouldn't dare use his ear as a way of supporting him. I have always been scared of bending the ears on my Batman figs.

Got an offer for this figure MIB at $220. Should I get it?

Honestly, I'm a bit scared of MIB figures because so far I've been getting BIB ones even though they were labeled MIB.

Back