Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put him in the "cape out/gliding" pose for the first time the other day. The right hand that's used to hold the rod has the pinky and ring finger sealed to the hand. So the only fingers I can use to hold the rod in that hand is the index, middle and thumb. It's a _____ to get him to hold it right. Why did HT do that,especially considering the other hand is fine. The left hold's it perfectly. Are everyone else's hands like this?

Jokes & Bats, by far the best cape pose with this figure. Perfection.

Finally opened mine up after having him for a couple months. Awesome fig, no problems, nothing else to say.

Later.

After some thought. This may be one of the best action figures I have ever bought (just got mine the other day). Amazing shelf presence, screamingly iconic. Everyone should own one of these, Batman obsessive or not.

-edit - sorry not 'may be'. It clearly is one of the best action figures I have ever bought. It may be the best.

^^^ For me, it's second best (which is pretty damn good). I have to say the CR Superman takes top prize. There's something about those primary colors, the pose, the overall execution, the sheer presence of it...my eyes are always drawn to it every time I look over to my HT collection.

After some thought. This may be one of the best action figures I have ever bought (just got mine the other day). Amazing shelf presence, screamingly iconic. Everyone should own one of these, Batman obsessive or not.

-edit - sorry not 'may be'. It clearly is one of the best action figures I have ever bought. It may be the best.

Good to hear you you got it a-dev. It does have tremendous presence, glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks. Something about those tall ears and the yellow symbol in combination with the deep black. Nolanites probably scoff at these things but they really give this suit character. And of course the likeness is just incredible.

Thanks. Something about those tall ears and the yellow symbol in combination with the deep black. Nolanites probably scoff at these things but they really give this suit character. And of course the likeness is just incredible.

I love both versions (Burton's and Nolan's) But I do take your point. I loved BATMAN as child and grew up catching up with the ____ Sprang version of BM, but then the Neal Adams version came into my spectrum of awareness...and to me at the time, the Burton Bat was near-enough the Adams Bat.

You're right, it's the tall ears.

Edit: HA HA!! The profanity filter wont let me put this great artist's name down in the well known form, so I will put it long-form....Richard Sprang! :slap

agreed, its just classic batman right from the comics. i love the tall demon-bat-like ears that are slightly arched. the new suits dont look like batman to me at ALL. short stubby mouse ears, puzzle piece guy and what has become known as "teh puffy" batman with the near-invisible bat logo. makes you wonder why they even bothered haveing it since its hardly visible anyway. and of course i much prefer the musculature over armor looking stuff. Returns was a fine balance between the 2, but still kept the muscle look and yellow bat emblem. damn i cant WAIT to see how hot toys does the Returns batman, all sleek and matte black.

^WORD. all 3 of the characters for me are must buys. after seeing what they've done with the 89 batman and joker, i have total faith in hot toys with creating figures with the most amazing screen accuracy.

btw, when did hot toys say they were going to release the first photo's of the Returns penguin and batman?

^WORD. all 3 of the characters for me are must buys. after seeing what they've done with the 89 batman and joker, i have total faith in hot toys with creating figures with the most amazing screen accuracy.

btw, when did hot toys say they were going to release the first photo's of the Returns penguin and batman?

December according to a recent interview

jb-1.jpg

a quick pic from the photoshop ......

this is a pic i took a while ago, i couldnt find a reference pic but its supposed to be the scene when batman is looking up at the jokercopter outside the batmobile. i tried to match it closely with how it looked onscreen.

That's some good flowing shot of the cape realy feels like thiers wind from the helicopter hovering above........

Back