Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two capes would have been perfect, but I guess HT left us to our own devices to figure it out. I am just to glad to hear I wasn't the only one struggling with it. I kept looking at all the pics posted on here with these great looking capes and I kept thinking "ok is it just me??" why does my Batman look like he has a Glad garbage bag on his back?

I used the magnets opposed to paper clips just so I could pin the cape back a little higher up, so its pinned back but it still looks flowing...plus they are very small and black and you can't really see them.

as mentioned I am finally picking up the Joker tomorrow from Toys2....any surprises to look forward to with him?

I wasn't able to move one of the lights of the base, so I tried to force it a little (very little) and then bot turn off and never light again. so i open the base and i was impresed how cheap the electronics are... there's a wire that conects both leds, and that wire in my base was too short, so when I move the light it cuts :(
not so hard to fix, but it sucks...

I can't believe I am doing this but....

I'm with Maglor on this one. Clearly it is possible to make the cape look really badass. If you're unable to futz this... :dunno

I know this may be a dangerous question considering the material of the cape, but does anyone think wetting the cape to make it heavier and possibly weight it down some would work? I know this technic works with other 1/6 clothing to make them fit better and more naturally when it dries on the body. I was wondering if this would work for the cape? Due to it's material I'm not sure if it would make a difference or even damage the cape somehow....

He doesn't like you.

DrEvazan.jpg

I don't think water treatment with the cape will make much of a difference, joe. Works best with cloth/fabric -- but you can try.

Wor-Gar, the futzmeister, would know more about this.

My best advice is to tie back the cape in back or weight it down, whether with clips or whatever to allow the front to drape down better but I'm not gonna do that either because I don't want perma-dents in my cape.

I don't think water treatment with the cape will make much of a difference, joe. Works best with cloth/fabric -- but you can try.

Wor-Gar, the futzmeister, would know more about this.

My best advice is to tie back the cape in back or weight it down, whether with clips or whatever to allow the front to drape down better but I'm not gonna do that either because I don't want perma-dents in my cape.

Thanks for the tips. I figured given the material the water thing might not work. I'll mess around with it and try some things though.

batmobile2-1.jpg

I cant wait to see my batmobile in a black and white picture behind them with these two on display with the car...I think it's gonna look bad ass for a epic display.........

Last edited:
Back