Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures galore with my awful camera.

021-4.jpg

026-4.jpg

The last 2 pics are awesome.

Joker and Supes really do compliment each other -- all 3 primary colors for Super, all 3 secondary colors for Joker.

Yeah I've been saying for a while now that Joker would be the first 1/6 I got that would POP out with his shiny Orange and Green.

I cannot wait to see the Returns line.

Bat Glider DX or GTFO

After playing with the cape forever I was finally able to get the cool draping look. I used two small magnets on the back to hold most of the cape in place, (I was going to use a paper clip but knowing my luck I would have punctured a hole in it)....then it was just getting all the wrinkles out and straightening it out...:yess:

I don't mind the cape either. Probably the best Batman cape so far in my opinion.

Best overall cape goes to Odin, though.

I think the cape was made a little bigger so you could achieve the "open cape" pose using the poles....that and the fact I think HT wanted to give it the proper "leathery" look which made thicker and harder to manipulate.

I spent a long time with it until someone suggested using a paper clip to pin it back. I use magnets instead and it started to come around to how I wanted it to look...still it was a bit of a b____ to get all the creases and bunches out and have it hanging properly.

...regardless its a great looking figure and tomorrow I pick up the Joker...

Yes it is crap, stop coming off as a fanboy Mags. :wink1:

:lol

Yeah, like that one pic is gonna convince the other 1,000 frustrated collectors who hate fussing with their crap capes and have been complaining for the last 200 pages of this thread.

Like I said, I have mine looking good, but once you change poses you have to rearrange the friggin thing all over again. The material is too light, fluffy and separate from the inner lining to hang properly and the wires just complicate things further.

Look what this guy had to do.:lol

After playing with the cape forever I was finally able to get the cool draping look. I used two small magnets on the back to hold most of the cape in place, (I was going to use a paper clip but knowing my luck I would have punctured a hole in it)....then it was just getting all the wrinkles out and straightening it out...:yess:

I think the cape was made a little bigger so you could achieve the "open cape" pose using the poles....that and the fact I think HT wanted to give it the proper "leathery" look which made thicker and harder to manipulate.

:lecture

Getting the texture and size right, I honestly don't think Hot Toys could have done any better. And just so I can dispel the "fanboy" thing, I've hated and replaced every Batman cape HT has come up with before this.

The only thing that Hot Toys could have done is provide two capes. One cape for the more open cape poses, as well as a second "hero cape" that was designed for standing, hanging cape poses. But If I had to pick one of the two it would be this one. A large cape can be futzed for a draped look, but a small cape cannot be futzed for a spread look.

Others have mentioned using paper clips to tame the cape a bit, and I agree. Although it can be done without them, frustration can be greatly diminished with clips. Here are the ones I am using:

IMG_6061.jpg

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003I703CW/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00[/ame]

Back