Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the movie - the prop department had multiple versions of the cape that were each made from different materials. The various versions were used in different scenes depending on the what Keaton had to do in the scene - and sometimes also depending on the lighting needs of the scene.

The version that HT made would be comparable to what the prop master would have called the "Hero" cape; which is the cape that looked the best under the cameras and was usually the most detailed, but would be the worst version for Keaton to try to perform any athletic stunts while wearing. They used the Hero cape mostly in scenes where Batman was just standing there.

I want to try to make the version of the cape that was used during scenes where Batman was more active. The Stunt Cape.

You see him wearing the stunt cape in the scene directly after the Batwing crashes on the steps of the cathedral. It is a much more thin material. With a dull almost matte black color. And not leathery texture whatsoever. That's also the cape they use when they want it to billow dramatically in the wind.

I want to try to make the version of the cape that was used during scenes where Batman was more active. The Stunt Cape.

You see him wearing the stunt cape in the scene directly after the Batwing crashes on the steps of the cathedral. It is a much more thin material. With a dull almost matte black color. And not leathery texture whatsoever. That's also the cape they use when they want it to billow dramatically in the wind.

I don't think it's going to be possible. Scale and lack of weight is against you. There's only one way I can see it maybe working... a solid cape would just look cheap and home made if you have no seams. Make a template, then slice all the seams. Use some form of stronger fabric glue, then air brush the material. Obviously you would need to cut a secondary spare sample before it would get glued to see how it reacts to weight/stiffness for getting painted before doing the whole works.

The weakness of the seams could help the material to fold in on itself rather than a solid shaped material that ends up sitting like a paper airplane.

Fabric on Keaton just looks wrong. Obviously. But the entire look always appeared oily.

Hey when does Batman use the detonator/chemical detector? The accessory that looks like a detonator I think in the 1989 movie? I watched it yesterday and I might have missed it. Thanks

Hey when does Batman use the detonator/chemical detector? The accessory that looks like a detonator I think in the 1989 movie? I watched it yesterday and I might have missed it. Thanks

never seen him use it, or the shurikens. would have been nice to see it in movie. and barely got to see the glass smoke bombs

I don't think it's going to be possible. Scale and lack of weight is against you. There's only one way I can see it maybe working... a solid cape would just look cheap and home made if you have no seams. Make a template, then slice all the seams. Use some form of stronger fabric glue, then air brush the material. Obviously you would need to cut a secondary spare sample before it would get glued to see how it reacts to weight/stiffness for getting painted before doing the whole works.

The weakness of the seams could help the material to fold in on itself rather than a solid shaped material that ends up sitting like a paper airplane.

Fabric on Keaton just looks wrong. Obviously. But the entire look always appeared oily.

The stunt cape wasn't fabric. It looked like latex. It stretched around the shoulders and elbows. I already have a material in mind. I found it while searching for material for my Kane figure. And I have an idea on how to have it be lined and still not be bulking and "puffy". Definitely will be pieces sewn together rather than one piece.

I've heard:

Let's help uncle jack off a camel.
Let's help uncle Jack, off a camel.

I'm having issues with my Batman. There is a noticeable gap between his cowl and cape. I can't seem to get the whole cowl to sit directly onto his body without this stupid gap. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've heard:

Let's help uncle jack off a camel.
Let's help uncle Jack, off a camel.

I'm having issues with my Batman. There is a noticeable gap between his cowl and cape. I can't seem to get the whole cowl to sit directly onto his body without this stupid gap. Anyone have any suggestions?

Huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh!! U said, jack........off. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

the back of the head for the pers system on mine sticks up further on the top of the head I didnt really notice it until some one else posted a pic and now Im thinking about getting it replaced...

Back