Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I seen yours, I was thinking it was a waist hugger like the Superman, that's why I assumed there would be indentation since it has the spring it. I'm really glad the dents are just about gone. But as I was examining it earlier, I noticed on the top rear of the left boot there is a 1/4 inch crack in it. I know I didn't do that since I've been very careful with it. I've thought about picking another one up but with all the things people reported, for things I'm nitpicking at I still think I should be thankful for what I got.

It is like the Superman stand, it's the New Goblin stand from Spiderman 3. That's a totally different kind of waist hugger, it has strips of soft rubber inside of the clamp. I was talking about the wire ones that fit into the Hot Toys stand like the forked one does.
This is an older HT stand.
SupermanHotToysStand2.jpg

You can see the little protective strips inside the clamp.
$(KGrHqEOKjkE4ofCh(nOBOVJESCilg~~48_35.JPG

EDIT: I'd like to pick up another cape but I haven't seen any parted it out on eBay.

Toy Anxiety parted some out. But they go fast. You have to keep an eye on their thread in the Dealers section.

Last edited:
It is like the Superman stand, it's the New Goblin stand from Spiderman 3. That's a totally different kind of waist hugger, it has strips of soft rubber inside of the clamp. I was talking about the wire ones that fit into the Hot Toys stand like the forked one does.
This is an older HT stand.
SupermanHotToysStand2.jpg

You can see the little protective strips inside the clamp.
$(KGrHqEOKjkE4ofCh(nOBOVJESCilg~~48_35.JPG

Toy Anxiety parted some out. But they go fast. You have to keep an eye on their thread in the Dealers section.

I definitely will keep an eye out for it. Since I would want to cut one so I can have a fanned cape out pose. I wonder why they went over to the crouch holder forks, less visible? The waist fork seems more safer so you don't have a cabinet diver/ Play Arts used to include those (Final Fantasy line) now their figures are getting bigger (Metal Gear Solid line) yet they don't give you stand, yet are charger higher prices.

Just curious if anyone has done a comparison with the first shipment and second shipment? I would like to know more about the different chests under the suit.

Nice pics guys and congrats.

I'm getting mine today and am sorta fearing the worst after seeing Wor-Gar's flawless one. :lol

Bad PERS door, broken nose tip, broken gauntlet fins, box thrown into the truck crushed with tire marks, rain damage, leaky abs, bent cowl ear, beer belly, cowl scrapes, base won't light up, PERS cross-eyed or broken toggle, ah, the list goes on. :panic:

After working myself up with anticipated flaws, at this point I'll settle with a badly seated PERS door.

:lol I wouldn't worry about it, mine came out fine. I think most people did, really.

Some quick pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Man, you really have the cape thing down. I will use this for reference.

At first I misread that and was like.... ewwwww, gross.

Same. :lol

These are fantastic!

^^^Yeah, that last one is rad! :rock

Woah. Awesome shelf! :devil

Another awesome shelf... but kinda a unique theme among the other shelves. :D

1. The right cannot move upward at the side nearly as far as the left arm. It simply cannot hold against the push of the rubber suit unless I move it at an angle.

When you say the right cannot move upward. Do you mean the figure's left arm?

If that's the case, don't worry about it. Both of mine are like that. It won't go up as far as the right arm/shoulder. I'm pretty sure it's not a fault, that's just how it is. It's just the rubber suit. If you contort and pose the bicep in a certain position it'll stay. Don't worry, nothing is faulty with the true type.

I would think that would vary from figure to figure.

On mine, both of the arms can go up parallel to the floor and beyond (necessary for flight poses). There is a trick to it though. I forget who mentioned it first (I think it was in a youtube video). You have to first flex the shoulder forward as far as you can like this:

chf_shoulder_flexion.jpg

Then swing the arm outwards.

If you just try to abduct the shoulder like this (see below) the rubber wont let you get there:

cons1_140_19.jpg

Forward, then out. Try it. :)

^^^Yeah, that last one is rad! :rock

Woah. Awesome shelf! :devil

Another awesome shelf... but kinda a unique theme among the other shelves. :D

Yeah, I moved some of the cowboy around as Superman and Batman weren't going to fit in my Detolfs, and I wanted them together.

I would think that would vary from figure to figure.

On mine, both of the arms can go up parallel to the floor and beyond (necessary for flight poses). There is a trick to it though. I forget who mentioned it first (I think it was in a youtube video). You have to first flex the shoulder forward as far as you can like this:

chf_shoulder_flexion.jpg

Then swing the arm outwards.

If you just try to abduct the shoulder like this (see below) the rubber wont let you get there:

cons1_140_19.jpg

Forward, then out. Try it. :)

ClipperKing. I just watched his video. :)

Thanks for the tips on the arms. I took these pics to illustrate the difference between how the arms hold their poses. Bear in mind these were taken before I saw the tips so when I brought the arms forward before upward, it wasn't by very much.

Arms down as far as they can go at the sides:
dx09-arms-down.jpg

Arms up as far as they can go at the sides:
dx09-arms-up.jpg

Arms up as far as they can go after some forward push:
dx09-arms-forward-up.jpg

Arms up as far as they can go after some backward push:
dx09-arms-back-up.jpg

So the shoulder joint is looser on the right than the left, which is naturally going to be more problematic on a rubber suit figure. Is this common?

Back