Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this coming along nicely
eb695f5b.jpg

IMG_0307-2.png

Let me just tell you, I've had Keaton and Reeve for over a month now, give or take, and I'm still awed by the detail and the craftsmanship and the accuracy of these two. Well, in time I'm sure they'll both start to deteriorate with age, and that's an unfortunate reality, but for the time being I'm just enjoying them and posing them and admiring them just because. It would be nice if they'd stay forever as is, but even then, these two are so well-made (given the available materials used to make them), that I just can't stop being amazed every time I look at them, and I see them practically every minute of the day, being posed right on top of my Mac table.

And yes, every time I express how totally blown away I am, I have to explain to the wife why so. Of course she can't realize it as much as I do, or else she'd be asking HT to make a Lynda Carter (HT is going to do one, right? :D )

I've already put away enough cash for the Batmobile's release, that's the next one on my agenda. I was thinking of getting the Avengers' line as well, but I'm more of a Batman-Superman fan than anything else.

Nice work guyver:clap looks very dirty and bloody as he looked like he just crawled out of the reckage from the batwing....awesome :hi5:

For those of you who are still on the fence about Joker, if you can afford it, they make a great pair
IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

this figure definitely looks better than the actual suit that appeared in the film imo...the cowl looks to have much better defined lines than the rubber cowl in the film that gives it a much more intense look..much like the Returns cowl which imo is the best Bats cowl.

this figure definitely looks better than the actual suit that appeared in the film imo...the cowl looks to have much better defined lines than the rubber cowl in the film that gives it a much more intense look..much like the Returns cowl which imo is the best Bats cowl.

Thats all truth right there. :exactly:

The real cowl in 89 Batman looked pretty bad in some shots with the actor/stunt man moving their head in it, causing the mouth area to curl and look crap.

This thing is torturing me... UPS just delayed me from Monday to Tuesday... :slap

Scheduled Delivery Updated To:
Tuesday, 04/10/2012, By End of Day

This figure really has used every excuse in the book NOT to get into my grubby hands.

This thing is torturing me... UPS just delayed me from Monday to Tuesday... :slap

This figure really has used every excuse in the book NOT to get into my grubby hands.

At least you know when you're getting it!:gah:

Yay! Good news mine will be arriving Monday! :woo

On a second note I'm a dumbass who forgot I had this on preorder from BBTS so I ordered it from SS the same night BBTS charged my CC. Luckily I was able to cancel one. :slap

Where do you live? Here's my track from BBTS to OH.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Cincinnati, OH, United States 04/05/2012 12:56 P.M. DELIVERED
04/05/2012 5:25 A.M. Out For Delivery
04/05/2012 4:02 A.M. Arrival Scan
Maumee, OH, United States 04/04/2012 11:58 P.M. Departure Scan
04/04/2012 4:58 P.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IN, United States 04/04/2012 11:57 A.M. Departure Scan
04/04/2012 8:08 A.M. Arrival Scan
Hodgkins, IL, United States 04/04/2012 7:18 A.M. Departure Scan
04/04/2012 6:06 A.M. Arrival Scan
Eagan, MN, United States 04/03/2012 10:35 P.M. Departure Scan
04/03/2012 8:46 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 04/03/2012 10:03 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

2 days.:thud:

Alter Ego Tracking Number

I just got a tracking number from Alter Ego; I ordered the Batman/Joker combo pack. Did they decide to split the shipment of Batman and Joker so we don't have to wait for Joker?

Re: Alter Ego Tracking Number

I just got a tracking number from Alter Ego; I ordered the Batman/Joker combo pack. Did they decide to split the shipment of Batman and Joker so we don't have to wait for Joker?

That is 100% correct - just got my UPS Quantum notice too...:yess:

That really doesn't bother me and I'll tell you why. They used camera trickery at times to suggest Michael Keaton was taller than his actual height. So therefore I think it is within reason to create the figure with the suggestive height in mind. None of us would like to think of Batman as a possibly less than average height man.

:goodpost::exactly: It's called Hollywood Magic. And they've been doing it since the day of silent movies when they made the leading man stand on a soap box so he would be taller then his leading lady. I seen Bruce Willis in person and he is tiny. But you don't get that impression from his movies like Die Hard.

Back