Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:gah:

I know it makes business sense for Sideshow to horde the first shipment and ship exclusively to SS direct orders. It will drive people to ordering directly from them. But it would be nice if they would at least allot some to their faithful retailers to distribute to their loyal, pre-ordering customers. Maybe there's no loyalty to be had between Sideshow and their retailers, but this practice is going to cost the retailers business.

Not that I'm one for conspiracy theories but this trend really makes you wonder.

I'm really surprised CSC didn't get a small part of the distribution from Sideshow. They're usually so close to each other.

Catching up with this thread...
The wait for this figure is unbearable... :lol!!

13.jpg

Amazing Sean... simply amazing!! :clap!

I know man.
I was calling CSC earlier this week and it looks they don't even get a small early amount at all.

They did previously with Capt. America and Jack Sparrow.

Don't be silly man, the sheer creativity in your pics is fantastic, I don't have the patience a lot of time to actually even move the figure!

:clap:clap

Nice of you to say. :1-1:

Had to give it that premium look yesterday. Yellow should draw your eyes to the figure.

6891308147_1d97846175_z.jpg

6891308417_64dde9cf38_b.jpg

Thats why it's optional and not permanent.

I don't get what you did...

At fist I just thought you painted the base grey, but the bat symbol is smaller...

And it's not like you could just slap a sticker over the base because the symbol is raised...

Could you explain further? :pray:

DSLR freaks terrorizes. Wait till they get a load of me!

:yess:

Spectacular. Love the pose.

Wow who's pose do I steel then?

I've actually got two of these figures coming might have to keep them both at this rate :lol

Problem solved. :)

Great pic Rory, i love the tilted pose. :clap

When do you guys think this might get sold out? I have to get one but I'm the middle of getting laid off and buying a house so the timing sucks.
I really don't want to miss on this and Joker.

I'm uploading a face-swap "how-to" video to youtube right now. It's my first ever so you guys better be nice. :lol

I'm uploading a face-swap "how-to" video to youtube right now. It's my first ever so you guys better be nice. :lol

Looking forward to watching it.... cant be that hard though surely? Not for anyone that's got the Batsuit Begins figure anyway

Here's ,my batman, awesome fig!

I got mine with the shopping bag from the hot toys store in HK!
I had to cut the slits on the cape with an exacto knife to make room for the cape rods, which in turn wouldn't fit right off the bat. Had to make bigger holes for them to slide in!

With Le grappling hook:

Looking forward to watching it.... cant be that hard though surely? Not for anyone that's got the Batsuit Begins figure anyway

The shape of the '89 cowl makes it harder to get the face-plate out than on the Begins Bat.

So my video upload has said "1 min" for about 5 minutes now... what does that mean?

:woo Successful upload!

Anyone else have a hard time removing the faceplate initially?

I havent been able to get mine off either....I figured I better quit while I'm ahead before I damage the paint job.

Perhaps a small blast from a hair dryer just enough to get it warm to the touch will help cure this sort of ailment?

Isn't the face just held by a magnet? It's that hard to pull free?

Well that is the idea... however, it's set so far back into the cowl and I think it creates some friction with the way the instructions say to push slightly from the side.

I don't think the magnet holds it in place at all, I personally prefer how the dx02 faceplates snap in.

It's a strong magnet, and also, the sides sort of tuck into the cowl, it's a bit of a pain to swap, I liked the pop out peg style of DX02 better myself.

Not a lie, face was hard to take off. :lol

I understand Karnis' hesitation with the face plates. Mine are a bear to switch out.

There must be a trick to it that I don't know I'm doing, cos I haven't had any trouble.

There must be. I've tried a few different ways but they seem to really stay in there.

Hard to swap out face plates.

My face magnets are strong.

Better than too weak.

Those face plate magnets are wicked strong. It says to push from the side but forget that! That's all I need is to warp the area and then the plate won't fit snuggly. It also says not to use anything to try and take it out,like objects with sharp corners. Then how else are we suppose to do it?:dunno

It's either the magnet or cowl blocking the movement sideways.

:exactly: It's not the magnets it's the cowl getting in the way.

Re: The face plate....I've resigned myself to the pure simple fact that I'm just stupid. :cuckoo: :thud:

But my stupidity allows me not to worry too much about it since I was never going to use the other two faces anyway. :yess:

I also haven't been able to 'slide' my face plate off yet.

Push from the side like it says. You're not gonna warp anything.

[I've been meaning to start making youtube videos, maybe I'll make a face swap video tomorrow.]

Here's my video. :eek:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YtYsBLLFDk[/ame]

I get it now...

back and to the left

back...and to the left

back....and to the left

back.....and to the left.

:rotfl

:nono

Left to right and down.

Left to right... and down.

Left to right... and down.