Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogerbee is probably correct- we will most likely see the final Indy at SDCC and even if we don't he will be out sometime in August so we will see him soon enough and he will be phenomenal :D

Good question....

Sideshow's had weak paint apps and a floppy body. That said, it's strongpoints were the sculpt which has the best Ford likeness to date, wardrobe (I don't mind the jacket as while it's not leather, it pulls off the look) and the accessories, for $90.

Medicom's was good if you dig the stylized look. Overall though, it was laughable and looked like Indy had spent some time at Auschwitz and when he was released, they handed him an orange licorice rope to use as a whip. All for $180. That said, they got the wardrobe and hat a hell of a lot closer than Hot Toys.

Toys McCoy was expensive as all hell, coming in at around $300. Especially being released over a decade ago. But for it's time, it was the grail and still fetches a fair price on ebay. The wardrobe and accessories are especially nice given the time when this was released.

And based on that, the answer will always be subjective. :huh

Well put, a good overview. For me, the only solution is to get them all :wink1: First I got Medicom's, of Sideshow's I got only the headsculpt for the time being and recently I acquired Toys McCoy's Indy - great figure, even for nowadays. Now I am looking forward to Hot Toys' piece :drool

Yep, got me a McCoys Indy long ago and he's still pristine in the box... beautiful display. I've got a custom Indy that has satisfied my shelf needs for a long time too. No Medicom for me, but of course I have the Sideshow one. Really wanted the HT... we'll see come SDCC.

My gut is: HT is letting it go like SS did. Just no market for Indy except for us few oddballs I guess.

Yep, got me a McCoys Indy long ago and he's still pristine in the box... beautiful display. I've got a custom Indy that has satisfied my shelf needs for a long time too. No Medicom for me, but of course I have the Sideshow one. Really wanted the HT... we'll see come SDCC.

My gut is: HT is letting it go like SS did. Just no market for Indy except for us few oddballs I guess.

If your around 30 and grew up with him you do not need to be a oddball... A decent indy has been my dream since I started this hobby, I really hope HT delivers.

Confirmed today that the pics we have seen are NOT the final sculpt. We should see the new one very soon and from what I have heard, it is AMAZING...like Bale amazing! Cannot wait.

Confirmed today that the pics we have seen are NOT the final sculpt. We should see the new one very soon and from what I have heard, it is AMAZING...like Bale amazing! Cannot wait.

Confirmed how? Just curious. Good news though!

SERIOUS?! :pray:

That is very hopeful! I can't wait!

Confirmed how? Just curious. Good news though!

If true... can't wait. That new Bale sculpt is amazing.

Pics or it didnt happen. :nana:

No, but really...where did you hear this? Arnie Kim? Or what? I hope its true though. That Bale is amazing.

I think we've learnt by now to take any unsubstantiated information with a very large pinch of salt, well, more a truckload than a pinch!

We just have to sit tight

CHEERS!

I knew it !!! I knew it !!! I knew it !!!

SERIOUS?! :pray:

That is very hopeful! I can't wait!

I think we've learnt by now to take any unsubstantiated information with a very large pinch of salt, well, more a truckload than a pinch!

We just have to sit tight

CHEERS!

Yeah, there's a spark enough to restart mi corazon
and I'm more hopeful hearing it from a 5,000 + poster, than someone with only 3 or 4
:):clap:)

IF the revised Indy is at the level of the new BB Bats, including the clothing and accessories, then I will scrape every penny I can find to get this.

Otherwise, still a pass for me.

I wonder if the outfit (mainly jacket) and accessories (gun rig and whip) are getting any revision.

I wonder if the outfit (mainly jacket) and accessories (gun rig and whip) are getting any revision.

They really better, including the damn hat. It's a combination of all those things, plus the biggie of the bad headsculpt, that made me pass on this without a second thought. But if they can manage to get a perfect (and I mean PERFECT) HF sculpt like they did with Bale, AND fix the hat, jacket, shirt, shoes, gun rig and whip (at least the pants look good! :lol), then I'll be more than happy to pay that ridiculous price. There are just too many things deficient right now for me to justify the high price. I mean really. For $250 I shouldn't have to shell out even more money to improve this figure.

The overly buff body still bothers me, but I don't see them changing that.

As someone else said "pics or it didn't happen", where has this info come from ?, it'll only be excellent news when there is enough meat on the bone to back up Gruson's post.

By the way....... Arnie Kim popped round to my place for a cup of tea last night & told me that the resculpt is so amazing it has started doing public appearances on Harrison Fords behalf.
(everyone fancy getting exited now ?:cuckoo:).

hahahahaha I thought you were serious! Haha but I see your point, I'm not getting excited until I see pics.

I'm sure Hot Toys is tweaking the sculpt. The question is: how extensively? And WILL we see it before it starts to ship out? Spidey went through some revisions and we didn't know about it til we saw in-hand pics. If SDCC and those other Toy Fairs weren't happening right now, I would have guessed we would not see anything til it shipped. But with these events, there is ample opportunity to show off the revised Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back