Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as no one has the HT Indy in hand, it's really hard to make an honest comparison. Pictures are all we have to go by so far:

6a853733jw6ddi14t86qsj.jpg

Well, from that photo, the head looks tiny and the hat looks HUGE on the HT. everything looks way out of proportion. Sorry for beating a dead horse here, but that image really hit me there.

Last edited:
They all look like ____ :lol.......:gah:

Yeah, pretty much. And, sadly, in that photo the most dated figure of them all (Toys McCoy) actually looks the best from the neck up.

I know people here love the Sideshow, but out of the box that head is pretty damn hideous. The paint job absolutely sucks all of the life out of Trevor's sculpt.

You got a point there Rogerbee. But I see so many people swapping out the body on the Sideshow, and it's something I'd probably want to do at some point if the joints really are all loose as many reviews say.
I haven't been on the boards in a while. I'll have to research, see who's offering nice repaints.

Take a look here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45311&page=301

You'll find many great painters there, most of whom do commissions. Among the best are Silent Surfer and Greggo.

I found the best body for Indy was the Assassins Creed Ezio, but, you need another TT for the lower legs as the ones on the Ezio make him too tall. The main reason for choosing the Ezio is that the neck is moulded as part of the body which means you can do classic Indy looks with his shirt open.

CHEERS!

The paint job absolutely sucks all of the life out of Trevor's sculpt.

:exactly:

Custom painted, its by far the best sculpt, out of the box it sux monkey nut, motherf'n Sideshow and their shat paint apps :mad:

If I was Trevor I would drive to Sideshow and burn the ____er to the ground for consistanly ____ting on my flawless sculpts.

Then I would go work for Hot Toys.

:exactly:

Custom painted, its by far the best sculpt, out of the box it sux monkey nut, motherf'n Sideshow and their shat paint apps :mad:

If I was Trevor I would drive to Sideshow and burn the ____er to the ground for consistanly ____ting on my flawless sculpts.

Then I would go work for Hot Toys.

:lol :goodpost:

That also reminds me of how the ANH Han & Luke figures turned out. Also great sculpts by Trevor marred by shat paint apps. And don't even get me started on the Han/Luke Trooper heads. :slap

Hey, I thought the Trooper heads looked pretty good.

I certainly know I replaced the Smuggler Han head with the Trooper head. And if I would've pulled the trigger on a Slim TT, the Trooper Luke head would've replaced the Farmboy Luke head.

Very true,

I'd kill to see an HT repaint of Trevor's sculpt.

CHEERS!

:exactly::exactly::exactly::goodpost::goodpost:
That would be the perfect Indy.
I think the paint apps on sideshows figures and PFs really let the piece down.
After seeing the paint jobs on Enterbays Bruce Lees, and now the even better paint apps on all the latest HTs figures, I just cant settle for lesser paint apps, unfortunately.:dunno

Hey, I thought the Trooper heads looked pretty good.

I certainly know I replaced the Smuggler Han head with the Trooper head. And if I would've pulled the trigger on a Slim TT, the Trooper Luke head would've replaced the Farmboy Luke head.

If you were lucky to get one without googly eye paint, I guess.

For me... They're going to have to do a LOT to make it better than what people can put together for a custom. This is mine, and I really don't see them topping it.
Indy_SS_3.jpg

Wow, that looks fantastic. That's the Sideshow sculpt, right?

Yes, it IS Trevor's sideshow sculpt, expertly painted by SilentSurfer. There are part replacements and equipment replacements too, but for me, Trev's sculpt is by far the best there is. It just takes a great painter to bring it out.

Therein lies the crux of the matter: We shouldn't have to resort to customs for a good 1:6 Indiana Jones figure in 2011.

Take a look here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45311&page=301

You'll find many great painters there, most of whom do commissions. Among the best are Silent Surfer and Greggo.

I found the best body for Indy was the Assassins Creed Ezio, but, you need another TT for the lower legs as the ones on the Ezio make him too tall. The main reason for choosing the Ezio is that the neck is moulded as part of the body which means you can do classic Indy looks with his shirt open.

CHEERS!

Thanks for the help!

Therein lies the crux of the matter: We shouldn't have to resort to customs for a good 1:6 Indiana Jones figure in 2011.

Yeah, it's crazy. While the custom work is a fun hobby for a lot of people, it's kind of weird for me to spend over $100, or in my case, over €100, for a new figure only to pull its head off, pay to get it re-painted, then buy another, better body for the newly re-painted head.

But I agree, it seems to be the only way to get a decent figure.

I don't understand why the HT Indy is so expensive. At $250, it's nearly $100 more than the Clash of the Titans and Terminator figures. I suppose that's probably due to the rolling eyeball technology, which personally I can do without.

Last edited:
I agree. We shouldn't have to resort to customizing. It can really suck, but on the flipside, it allows one to have a unique piece.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love customs. It's an important, fun part of the hobby. I'm just irritated that I have yet to get a 12" Indy figure that I can display right out of the box without something about it bothering the crap out of me. I really thought (hoped) that the Sideshow one would be that figure, but they fumbled the paint apps mightily in production.

Yeah, it's crazy. While the custom work if a fun hobby for a lot of people, it's kind of weird for me to spend over $100, or in my case, over €100, for a new figure only to pull its head off, pay to get it re-painted, then buy another, better body for the newly re-painted head.

But I agree, it seems to be the only way to get a decent figure.

You can probably find SS Indy for less than that. Check the For Sale section here to start, or post an offer for one in the Want to Buy section. As far as the body, even upgrading the body to a Pro 1.2 (that comes with the new Joes) is a great improvement as far as tightness and overall size. Those don't cost too much. And you don't need to mod any of the hands/feet/neck, etc. to get it to work. The repaint is the key, though.

I agree. We shouldn't have to resort to customizing. It can really suck, but on the flipside, it allows one to have a unique piece.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love customs. It's an important, fun part of the hobby. I'm just irritated that I have yet to get a 12" Indy figure that I can display right out of the box without something about it bothering the crap out of me. I really thought (hoped) that the Sideshow one would be that figure, but they fumbled the paint apps mightily in production.

I was hoping the HT Indy would be the figure that wouldn't need any mods out of the box, but I see plenty there (beyond the headsculpt) that would need modding and replacing (I personally would want to change the body to another TT with better arm articulation). And for $250, that should certainly not be the case. You see Garzo frustrated by the notion of the additional cost of modding the SS $90 figure. At $250 it seems ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back