Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's getting a pass. Even those of us who don't think it's the worst Hot Toys offering ever have said it has issues and that they should be addressed.

I'm hoping tweaks and fixes are made, too. And, yes, it is overpriced at $250. But even if they didn't change a thing I still believe it's the best Indy figure out of the box we've seen yet. I'm keeping my order, and I'll either be disappointed with Hot Toys' overall efforts (given what they are capable of), or happy to have a truly hi-end 1:6 Indy figure in my collection.

I definitely don't think it's the worst HT's done, but it's been weird to see what they're capable of, then see something like this. I'm glad some of you are so optimistic that they'll change it...It gives me some hope. :D

I actually think the fact that there hasn't been news is a good sign, I think they'll come through in the end.

Go say that in the Scarface, Avatar, Superman and the countless other Hot Toys threads that have no news. :lol

"Oh My GOD, it's been three months and they've done NOTHING. They probably dropped the license, HOT TOYS, I HATE YOU!!!"

Saying nothing and doing nothing are not the same thing. It's kinda like the people on Twitter who post "Just got food from Taco Bell". . . "Mmm, this Taco Bell is tasty". . . "Oh man, this Taco Bell is giving me the runs". . . "Man, this sucks, I am never eating Taco Bell again". . . if you spend so much time talking about it, do you ever actually do anything else?? I'm assuming that's what you mean, you can either be 'all talk and no action' or 'no talk and all action'

People are just so angry, I don't get it. These figures are EXPENSIVE, hell, I'd be glad if it never comes out, then I won't be tempted.

Go say that in the Scarface, Avatar, Superman and the countless other Hot Toys threads that have no news. :lol

"Oh My GOD, it's been three months and they've done NOTHING. They probably dropped the license, HOT TOYS, I HATE YOU!!!"

Saying nothing and doing nothing are not the same thing. It's kinda like the people on Twitter who post "Just got food from Taco Bell". . . "Mmm, this Taco Bell is tasty". . . "Oh man, this Taco Bell is giving me the runs". . . "Man, this sucks, I am never eating Taco Bell again". . . if you spend so much time talking about it, do you ever actually do anything else?? I'm assuming that's what you mean, you can either be 'all talk and no action' or 'no talk and all action'

People are just so angry, I don't get it. These figures are EXPENSIVE, hell, I'd be glad if it never comes out, then I won't be tempted.

Does HT have a Scarface license? I thought Blitzway and Enterbay had it only. Cool if we get a Black Suit version from HT!

Hi guys! I heard that Arnie will be back at work on Indy, it's true?

It would be great, because I really want to buy this figure! :pray:

I think it's a good sculpture, the problem is... it's not Indy i think.

So i made ​​some small change with Photoshop, and i think it's a bit better now.

Maybe not 100% Harrison Ford, but I'd be happy to buy it for 250.

indyw.jpg

indysuggestion.jpg

indysggestion2.jpg

P.S. Sorry for my not perfect english, i'm italian. :wink1:

Last edited:
I'm seeing nothing wrong with this sculpt. The more I look at it the more I like it. It will probably look a lot better in hand.

The sideshow one looks pretty accurate, but its boring.

Hi guys! I heard that Arnie will be back at work on Indy, it's true?

It would be great, because I really want to buy this figure! :pray:

I think it's a good sculpture, the problem is... it's not Indy i think.

So i made ​​some small change with Photoshop, and i think it's a bit better now.

Maybe not 100% Harrison Ford, but I'd be happy to buy it for 250.

indyw.jpg

indysuggestion.jpg

indysggestion2.jpg

P.S. Sorry for my not perfect english, i'm italian. :wink1:

That's great! I don't know what's going on here...but it's great! And is that a ghost behind him? :lol

That's great! I don't know what's
going on here...but it's great! And is that a ghost
behind him? :lol
Thanks!

I have no idea about the ghost. :lol

And i'm sorry, i know, my pics may be confusing. :slap

In the first we have only the new vers. compare to the original, in the second we have the two vers. mixed in one image and alot of arrows to see where i touched his face, and, in the last one, we have both faces in negative to see the difference on the sculpt from a different point of view.

As for the photochops, I see no real difference over the
original.
:horror

There's alot of difference! I moved the eyes up, retouch his
lips, his chin, moved the ears up, make his nose bigger,
put the hat a bit down and make his jaws not so huge. Oh, and change his eyes color.

Oh I see, instead of bringing the hat down, he moved all the facial features up :lol
You're wrong, it's not only the hat, absolutely.

The most visible issue on the Arnie's sculpture, it's about the eyes, i think. They are too down, too big and too dark. Ok, maybe it's the PERS sistem, i don't know, but i think that they need to be moved up.

P.S. I know you're called "EVILFACE", but don't be so rude with me next time, i'm new and the fact that you don't understand something, don't give you the right to be unfriendly.

Either way works for me! :yess:

Moving the eyes up does seem to help a bit. That first pic looks pretty good to me.
:exactly:

Thanks!

In the first we have only the new vers. compare to the original, in the second we have the two vers. mixed in one image and alot of arrows to see where i touched his face, and, in the last one, we have both faces in negative to see the difference on the sculpt from a different point of view.

put the hat a bit down and make his jaws not so huge. Oh, and change his eyes color.

The most visible issue on the Arnie's sculpture, it's about the eyes, i think. They are too down, too big and too dark. Ok, maybe it's the PERS sistem, i don't know, but i think that they need to be moved up.

P.S. I know you're called "EVILFACE", but don't be so rude with me next time, i'm new and the fact that you don't understand something, don't give you the right to be unfriendly.

VickPS, I think those guys were just kidding around.
I noticed all the changes you made, and it looks a lot better.
Great job!
Hopefully Arnie Kim does change the sculpt and for the better.
:pray:

VickPS, I think those
guys were just kidding around.
I noticed all the changes you made, and it looks a lot
better.
Great job!
Hopefully Arnie Kim does change the sculpt and for the
better.
:pray:
Thank you Terminator. :)
I know, he was joking, but i don't like pretty much the way
he do. But there's no problem, it's everything ok. :wink1:

On Arnie, is that sure? I mean, it's official that he
come back and work on the sculpt? I really hope so!

Thank you Terminator. :)
I know, he was joking, but i don't like pretty much the way
he do. But there's no problem, it's everything ok. :wink1:

On Arnie, is that sure? I mean, it's official that he
come back and work on the sculpt? I really hope so!

I am not sure, my friend.
Welcome to the forums, by the way!

When he comes out all you naysayers will be silenced. It will BE Harrison Ford..period. HT will come through- as someone said pics are not always true to the in hand result- even the prototype pics are good- in hand will be better. HT fixes on top of that- GREAT!

I am not sure, my
friend.
Welcome to the forums, by the way!
Thanks again. :)

When he comes out all you
naysayers will be silenced. It will BE Harrison
Ford..period. HT will come through- as someone said pics
are not always true to the in hand result- even the
prototype pics are good- in hand will be better. HT fixes
on top of that- GREAT!
I REALLY hope you're right, because i want a perfect Indy
Figure!
Since i lost the chance to buy the Sideshow PF, all my
hope to buy a great Indy's Figure is in this HT Figure.
Hot Toys makes awesome figure, i know because every HT
Figure that i've bought, in hand was definitely better
than pics, but here i think we have a not perfect sculpt
of Harrison Ford, or anyway not good as this one:

review_pfindy_large.jpg

I don't know why, maybe Arnie was too concentraded on
Bruce Lee, for come back on Indy and do his best only after BL was
completed, i don't know.
The only thing i know, is that i want a figure that make
justice to my favourite iconic character, any other
thing doesn't matter. :wink1:

I don't think the eyes are too dark at all. In fact, I think they are the closest to HF's true color as we have gotten:

6a853733jw6ddicyzu5wxj.jpg

Thanks!

:yess:

Your photochop is the weakest "fan corrected" offering in this thread. Instead of manipulating a photo, lets see your Harrison Ford Indiana Jones sculpt. :lol

:yess:

Your photochop is the weakest "fan corrected" offering in this thread. Instead of manipulating a photo, lets see your Harrison Ford Indiana Jones sculpt. :lol

Dude chill, let him do his thing.I dont know why you always have to be so rude all the time. Lets see your photochop.:gah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back