Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah but then too many distort the rules. Someone isn't allowed an opinion/view/thought/idea but the other is and all the breach their human rights. ¬_¬

I havent pre-ordered but im really liking what Im seeing so far.
If they do make improvements(which im sure they will) then all the better.

This thread is getting a bit emotional because Hot Toys has been making some of the best character accurate 12 inch figures around and now comes the ultimate character and Franchise. This figure should represent a new benchmark for what they are able to do. It's their first foray into the George Lucas universe with the Star Wars Franchise also on the way(they had to pay a fortune for this license). Whether the hat or beefy face is fixed or not, Indy fans will pretty much sell this out after it's released. Hot Toys will probably do a Temple of Doom Indy , leaner, meaner, battle damaged maybe giving Yulli or Kojun a try, so I think we can expect something for everyone by the time this license burns itself out.

Well, then let me just piss in your cheerios here for a minute then, bub. In Milk, they stated that the figure had already been approved. That was published this last week. You'd think if they were reworking it, they'd offer a press release to counter the article, but so far as anybody's heard, nobody's heard anything. All the FB comments came pre-Milk release. Nothing's come after except for more pics showing HT hasn't revised a goddam thing. Are you offering any more recent updates? Evidence? An inside connection with Arnie Kim? Hot Toys? Yeah, didn't think so. So until you miraculously pull something out of your ass, I'll go with the word from the horse's mouth. And that word is that Indy's already been approved. Anything else, like your fat rant quoted above, is PURE fanboy speculation.

If we wanna check the score, I called the flubbed headsculpt when the HT fanboys were proclaiming Arnie Kim as the second coming of Jesus. I also called the ridiculous price tag of $250 while everybody else was calling me crazy and basically laughing at my claim. People aren't laughing now, are they. And they still won't be laughing when HT tries to pawn off that subpar figure we see in the pics at the highest DX price yet.

Gotta say I lost a bet with myself, I thought the fanboy accusation would have come in your previous reply. I was ever-so-worried when you were banned, Nam, because new members of the board might not be told that "fanboy" is synonymous with "person who doesn't agree with Nam".

I tried being polite in the way I replied to you, but frankly you're obnoxious and arrogant and I have no time for that. So do yourself a favour, sweetie, and do to me as I am about to do to you. Put me on "ignore" so you don't have to read my "fat rants". I'm going to enjoy not having to deal with your fat head.

IndyArnie-1.jpg

He says I will do, not I have done.
Once again the Head has to be approved for use in advertising, that's why we have not seen Alice yet, and why her face got covered up the second day at the Tokyo Show

That was my posting, to me, the hat is my only worry. I want it to sit lower/tighter/more realistic to his head. The sculpt looks great in that photo. Its definitely Ford, to me. And if Im an "idiot" for preordering it then so be it.

Ive seen it before with past releases (Example: HT Wolverine, Predator), and Ill see it with this one too. People complain about the "likeness isnt good enough" then once the figure is released and people actually see how great the figure really is the figure sky rockets on the secondary market and those people are left kicking their own arse. Whos the idiots there? :dunno

Ah gotcha, I thought it was Dino that put that on FB.

I have to say, people thought Trevor's sculpt was off, then repaints started coming in and we saw how good it was then. We were thrown by SSC's paintwork. It was down to that that Trevor's original sculpt seemed to disappear.

There's a photographer that posts on OSW, Luka, he takes shots of figures and they look 10 times better than the manufacturer promos. If he shot Indy we'd really see what was what.

CHEERS!

Gotta say I lost a bet with myself, I thought the fanboy accusation would have come in your previous reply. I was ever-so-worried when you were banned, Nam, because new members of the board might not be told that "fanboy" is synonymous with "person who doesn't agree with Nam".

I tried being polite in the way I replied to you, but frankly you're obnoxious and arrogant and I have no time for that. So do yourself a favour, sweetie, and do to me as I am about to do to you. Put me on "ignore" so you don't have to read my "fat rants". I'm going to enjoy not having to deal with your fat head.

So basically, it's what I thought. You got nothing. :lol:rotfl:lol:exactly:

dsc1082i.jpg

If Hot toys can produce a head that comes anything near this great repaint I would be very happy.....for now I decide to keep my Sideshow one.

As of last night. Arnie posted on his Facebook that he is still working on the Indy sculpt.

Really....

"I think so. don't worry okay? I will do my best for the best Indy? thank you so much."

That doesn't tell me ____. And the question was about sitting the hat lower. Nothing about the hat being completely wrong, or the wonky sculpt. Matter of fact, quite the opposite as most of the question was a handjob that ended with "thank you for giving Dr. Jones the justice he deserves." Yeah, um... no. :lol

Point is, he is still working on it. Your argument was he was done with the Indy sculpt. That comment proves you wrong.

Personally, like I've stated before, I'm very happy with the sculpt as is. It's just the hat...

That comment doesn't say anything of the sort. Again, the only thing you asked is, "Will the hat sit lower?" That's what he was responding to. :dunno

That comment doesn't say anything of the sort. Again, the only thing you asked is, "Will the hat sit lower?" That's what he was responding to. :dunno

How is it not? He says "will do the best for the best Indy." That with the fact he has said before from a previous question about if he was reworking the sculpt, he said "yes".

How is it not? He says "will do the best for the best Indy." That with the fact he has said before from a previous question about if he was reworking the sculpt, he said "yes".

That's not what he said. He said he'd see what he could do about looking into it. The sculpt's already been approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back