Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6a853733jw6ddofztssbij.jpg

Again, this pic looks the most like Ford that I've seen this sculpt appear yet. One pic out of 30 is not good odds, but still... I like the way this looks ...

Again, this pic looks the most like Ford that I've seen this sculpt appear yet. One pic out of 30 is not good odds, but still... I like the way this looks ...

That Arab disguise just proves that no matter how much I want the sculpt to improve, I'm buying the figure just for this outfit.

That's the message that needs to be sent to HT. Sadly with every HT fanboy on the planet having this preordered and most ____ talking those taking issue with it (including picking on grammar - which is usually the sign of a failed argument), again, there's no incentive for HT to go back to the drawing board.
You obviously want this to be a near perfect figure and are not willing to compromise with what we've been shown. But most folks aren't perfectionists and are not going to hold out hope for an absolute, perfect figure. That's not being an "HT fanboy," necessarily.

Many think this is "good enough" to justify buying. It will be a nice complement to the Sideshow version, even if it is flawed. Hot Toys probably will tweak it a bit, but if not, it will still be a nice figure, particularly when posed in the right angle with the right lighting (as we have seen with some of Plastic Enemies' pics).

If folks really weren't willing to compromise, then they will behave as you apparently are and not pre-order. And if enough people do this, then Hot Toys will get the message one way or the other. But compromises are made by most collectors. If not, I don't know how you could accept a single Sideshow Joe, as nearly all of them have issues of some kind. I'm not a "Sideshow fanboy" because I buy their Joes, though. I like the characters and the figures are good enough, so I buy.

Having said all that, I'm not completely satisfied with this figure and I'm not sure if I will keep my pre-order or not. But, I'm leaning toward keeping it for the reasons I say here.

Ultimately the market will deterime the success of this figure. But I'm going to side with the folks who say this price for this figure crossed a line. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE Indy. And I love HT's work. And id pay the $230 if the figure was on target, but imo it isn't. I think we were tolerating $180, but a $50 jump on off target figure will keep my wallet closed.

I think we were tolerating $180, but a $50 jump on off target figure will keep my wallet closed.

That's as it should be.

I'm sure most who preordered have done so with the expectation that HT will "fix" the sculpt and make it better. But I fully expect at least half of those preorders to be cancelled because something newer and better gets offered between now and then. Batman stuff or Terminator stuff most likely.

Ultimately the market will deterime the success of this figure. But I'm going to side with the folks who say this price for this figure crossed a line. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE Indy. And I love HT's work. And id pay the $230 if the figure was on target, but imo it isn't. I think we were tolerating $180, but a $50 jump on off target figure will keep my wallet closed.

Buy him for $230, replace the body with a $20 TT and then sell the muscle body off for $70+ = profit.

The outfit and staff are definitely the only thing I want from this set at the moment.

That and the new shirt to replace my crap SS one.

I think that's the route I'll take too. I have Trevor's SS head repainted and I'm happy with it. Not really bothered about PERS- I think it's a waste of time and just pushes up the cost. The Joker had that horrible access hatch line in his hair because of it, and I thought the DX Batman head I had looked so bad I swapped it for a Medicom sculpt.

I'm banking on Wai Man at onesixthbruce having this at a realistic price, i've always found his pricing to be a lot more down to earth than the likes of FP !.

Shouldn't be too long before he puts it up. He posts on FB so I'm sure I'll find out one way or another. Pity he doesn't part stuff out really. I'd have a shirt if I can find one at a decent price.

CHEERS!

Ouch! Onesixthbruce might be better if you want it from the UK.

CHEERS!

I've been watching his page, waiting for his verdict. Based on the Sam Flynn Tron figure he has listed at £225 (compared to Sideshow's $299.99) the $250 Indy plus his delivery fee may work out around the same price as FP.co.uk.

I emailed one of the Chinese sellers on Ebay out of interest, and was assured not to worry about incurring customs fees as, "I am tax avoidance expert." :rotfl

With the free delivery taking 40 odd days, and the likelihood of customs and postal handling charges, I'd rather go for a UK supplier.

Hope this high pricing is just Lucas' greedy cut, and not going to be the Hot Toys norm...

Something else that bothers me about the HT figure are the stripes on the soles and heels of his boots. If you look here:

https://www.indygear.com/igboots.html

you can see that there aren't any. The best Alden's I've seen (I haven't seen the Newline ones.) are the Hasbro ones. Repaint them the right colour and they look great.

CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back