Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol I remember when the ALIENS figures went up for pre-order and I was like "89 bucks? Pffft." now that seems like a steal. :(

Agreed. This is what many have argued in all the Hot Toys should do this from Sideshow debates, particularly LFL licenses, that it's LFL means you'll likely pay more for a figure of equivalent quality to one in another license. While this Indy is pretty extensive, in a non-LFL license, this would probably be closer to the $200 range. The property is as much a factor in the prices. Look at the T1 T-800, you get nothing more really in the box than the T-1000, in fact, less, and yet, the T-800 is more, but, it's also a film that has had little official, authentic merchandise made from it, so they have you buy the balls and can charge more because they know you'll give in. LFL licenses are cash cows so they charge as much as they can and people usually pay.

I don't expect every figure to cost this much, I still think the $135-$175 range is the norm for HT figures.

Well I do get what your saying...I want to add:

I feel the T-1000 cost less than the T1 T-800 because Arnold probably charges more for his likeness than Robert Patrick does. Look at HT Expendables Barney Ross (Stallone), its $150-$170, yet Platoon's Pvt. Taylor is $125-150...Why is that? Probably cause Stallone's likeness costs is higher than Charlie Sheen's.
So with that, HT Indy has LFL and Ford's likeness that factors into the price...also, we do get a lot of accessories and a scene piece with the Indy DX. I hated SS charging $50-100 for the ' environmental scene' piece. Yet no one mentions that...$250 is high, but not enough to be a deal breaker. Now, I wouldn't drop $200+ for Sallah, Marion or anyone else from the Indy movies.

I preordered one. I may end up cancelling it. Holy moly, $234 is really high, even for a perfect figure ... and I'm pretty happy with the SS one.

SnakeDoc

$250 for a recycled SS/HT figure (pedestal/Idol/Wolverine body) with no fresh and new ideas and a 2nd outfit that's very inexpensive to produce AND so many flaws (headsulpt, jacket, fedora, shoes...). :cuckoo: :slap :banghead :medic

Don't let you wind up from HT! Draw the line at this price tag! Don't buy this figure!!!

Last edited:
My pre order from BBTS is still at the $219.00 amount. Hopefully they honor that original price. Who would have thought that that would be a "deal" for this figure.

If I collected one or two figs a year I would be more willing to pay for this, but its far from perfect and would cost roughly as much as two Joe figs from SS. Meh....would rather put $250 towards something else.

I got an email today from JJ (Rismo) making sure I had received my repainted SS Indy I commissioned from him, and he went on to talk about the Photoshop manip he did in his spare time today. He doesn't visit the boards anymore so I let him know that his work had generated some buzz :lol

"The HT sculpt has me worried. I saw it on their facebook this morning. I was sitting in a business meeting so I opened photoshop and made some suggestions. hopefully they take everyone's suggestions into consideration! It's really a nice sculpt from the nose down. I attached a pic incase you wanted to see."

indyhottoys.jpg

I got an email today from JJ (Rismo) making sure I had received my repainted SS Indy I commissioned from him, and he went on to talk about the Photoshop manip he did in his spare time today. He doesn't visit the boards anymore so I let him know that his work had generated some buzz :lol

"The HT sculpt has me worried. I saw it on their facebook this morning. I was sitting in a business meeting so I opened photoshop and made some suggestions. hopefully they take everyone's suggestions into consideration! It's really a nice sculpt from the nose down. I attached a pic incase you wanted to see."

indyhottoys.jpg

A smaller bottom lip would help too.

Here's to hoping the value tanks on the secondary market and you can pick it up later for $100 :duff

So far all of the ROTLA Indy's have not held their value :lecture

It really disappointed me. :(
Unless HT make a re sculpt of the face and low the price, I wont order this item. It's not at the level that HotToys it is used to be, and speaking about levels, the price passed the regular price line. In my opinion, that's a bad choice.

Of course it's going to be sold out very fast. I can't imagine this figure available for a year or more like Two Faces, and Hot Toys will win the high profit.

But as I said, in terms of accuracy, it's far from other releases.

I think HT are getting there, there still tweaking the sculpt, I'm really confident they'll get it right. I was looking on there Facebook page & there been getting alot of stick but HT do seem to listen to there fans. I'm gonna order this, 20+ figures, there not let me down yet.

$250!!!!:mad:
No way in hell would I spend that much for a flawed figure.

No that looks 100% better. Just goes to show how flawed the sculpt is.
If it looked this way, I'd be much more inclined to buy.
I foresee a lot of these being offered in contests and on the gift card if Hot Toys doesn't make an effort to fix the headsculpt. I'd even give up the movable eyes if it meant a better looking portrait.

Here's to hoping the value tanks on the secondary market and you can pick it up later for $100 :duff

So far all of the ROTLA Indy's have not held their value :lecture

Or after this figure turns out to be a flop you have the opportunity to put your figure together with parts from the scalpers for less than 100 bucks :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back