Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this one is a tear down and rebuild.

The sculpt looks like someone but NOT Harrison Ford (A_s_h_t_o_n Kutcher maybe?)

The neck is way too thick

The jacket looks too cheap and shiny

The hat look big and wobbley

The shoes look like he JUST BOUGHT them and wore them straight from the store

I know this is a prototype, but so far...Sideshow's Indy still kicks Hot Toy's Indy's ass....

All the issues I have with it....lets hope major improvements are made to the final. Wouldnt say the headsculpt looks that far off, but its not 100% Harrison Ford

Just to add to the hat manip.

If this is what ships from hot toys I'd be okay with it.
hat.jpg

The hat and face are almost perfect.

article-1073989-01869543000004B0-234_468x410.jpg

But he should come with an optional deerstalker too.

124994549593.jpg

:duh

The close-ups look great -- and superior to SS's sculpt. The neck, however, is far too buff. There are hat issues as well but hopefully those would be fixed before release.

That said, I already have SS's so don't need to spend another $200 on a second Indy. Besides, I need to save my money for the HT Superman.

overall, this is much better than sideshow's indy. i do see harrison in the sculpt, though it still needs a bit of tweaking. the paint app is what sets it apart. the neck is indeed a bit too thick. the costume is well-made but has a few issues. the hat is definitely too big, as most of you have pointed out. the jacket is fine apart from being a little too shiny and new-looking. everything else is fine and those who are saying this figure is "terrible" are simply exaggerating/over-reacting.

i'm pretty confident ht will continue to refine the figure's issues, simply because they are relatively easy to fix as far as i'm concerned.

Holy F__K !!! This really is a $200 figure even with my 10% discount :cuckoo: You guys can expect a $250~300 tag. Geessss :slap

The very interesting is the price range...
The price is between $230-$250 on ebay right now...
The price is at the same range with a premium format almost
i cannot see THIS as AN excuse
because sideshow just lent the license to hot toys as many times before....

FROM THE OTHE HAND ACCESSORIES SEEM TO HAVE ALOT OF HANDWORK...Accessories:
- One (1) authentic leather whip for matching with style 1 costume
- One (1) Staff of Ra with Headpiece for matching with style 2 costume
- One (1) shoulder bag with venting details
- One (1) sand bag
- One (1) electroplated golden Fertility Idol
- One (1) pedestal
- One (1) journal made of authentic paper

Last edited:
I'm going to buck the trend here a bit. I like it!
I think you can find flaws in most figures, this one is no exception.
But overall I think it's superior to any previous Indy figure released to this point.

as it is its a pass for me, but ill be keeping a close eye on this and if it improves (hat, sculpt and jacket) then ill reconsider. interesting comment from arnie kim about resculpting the head!

Its great my only nitpick is the hat resting too high up on his forhead Hottoys fix that Im a happy man easy preorder for now...

Here's how I see it
Arnie's Intense Indiana
Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-80s-films-431418_1024_768-1.jpg
163100_488155097343_58690437343_6403169_3174439_n-1.jpg

Grove's Indiana with a slight smirk
g_tete_14_01.jpg
g_rictus_14.jpg

Both look great, because of the totally different expression

Besides being too buff, I'm a little disappointed they used Wolvie's body because the arms aren't as articulated as a regular TT. I don't think we really needed that body just to see a little peekaboo on his chest! I would have much preferred a regular TT that I have no restrictions with posing.

I'm really considering passing on this despite being such a huge Indy fan. I may just wait til the TOD Indy (if it ever happens).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back