Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That hat should be going down the more it goes back on his head. That is a major thing throwing off the likeness. With Indy, a lot of things come into play to make it Harrison Ford as Indy. It's the head, the hat, the costume, everything. All of these elements need to be spot on to make it a big seller. It could be this year's T-800...or this year's Dastan.

I would be nice if they just did the chest reveal covering a regular TT with sculpted forearms too. Indy's arms aren't THAT big, unless you're going for the TOD look.

Besides being too buff, I'm a little disappointed they used Wolvie's body because the arms aren't as articulated as a regular TT. I don't think we really needed that body just to see a little peekaboo on his chest! I would have much preferred a regular TT that I have no restrictions with posing.

I'm really considering passing on this despite being such a huge Indy fan. I may just wait til the TOD Indy (if it ever happens).

From what they've shown so far I don't think it could possibly be as bad as the Dastan figure. Anyone hear if there will be a SSC exclusive? If not i'll be going to AE or CSC to save a few bucks.

Well there's always hope in the revisions, but particularly with that latest comparison, I fight to see the Ford in Arnie's sculpt, Trev's jump out immediately to me. The HT paint job is fantastic and makes me feel like it's a great portrait but I just don't feel like I'm looking at Ford. To me this is all around their weakest figure in a long time but it would be nice if improvements are made, I'd like an HT level Indy.

Full specs:

Hot Toys – DX05 - Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark: 1/6th scale Indiana Jones Collectible Figure

~ MMS DX Series ~

Hot Toys is proud to present the MMS DX 1/6th scale Indiana Jones Collectible Figure from the Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark movie, a project collaborated with Sideshow Collectibles. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in the movie, highlighting the newly developed head sculpt, two styles of specially produced costume, highly detailed accessories and weapons, as well as double-sided movie-accurate backdrop.

The 1/6th scale Indiana Jones Collectible Figure specially features:
-Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones in the Indiana Jones – Raiders of the Lost Ark movie
-Newly developed head sculpt with Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS)
-Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture and beard
-Two (2) hair styles, including one (1) for wearing fedora and one (1) for wearing headscarf
-Approximately 30 cm tall
-Muscular body with over 30 points of articulations
-Five (5) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
-One (1) pair of leather-like gloved fists
-One (1) pair of leather-like gloved palms for holding pistols
-One (1) pair of relaxed palms
-One (1) pair of fists
-One (1) pair for holding pistols
-Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
-Two (2) sets of costume including:
-Style 1:
-One (1) leather-like dark-brown colored jacket with zip and pouches
-One (1) khaki-colored shirt with pouches
-One (1) pair of khaki-colored pants
-One (1) fabric brown-colored belt
-One (1) leather-like brown-colored belt with buckle for linking to whip and pistol holster
-One (1) brown-colored fedora
-Style 2:
-One (1) one-piece creamy white-colored Arab garb with white-colored waistband
-One (1) white-colored headscarf
-One (1) pair of nude-colored short under pants
-One (1) pair of black-colored socks
-One (1) pair of leather-like brown-colored short boots

Weapons:
-Two (2) pistols including one (1) with leather-like holster

Accessories:
-One (1) authentic leather whip for matching with style 1 costume
-One (1) Staff of Ra with Headpiece for matching with style 2 costume
-One (1) shoulder bag with venting details
-One (1) sand bag
-One (1) electroplated golden Fertility Idol
-One (1) pedestal
-One (1) journal made of authentic paper
-Figure stand with Indiana Jones nameplate and the movie logo
-Double-sided movie-accurate backdrop
-Figure stage with metal plate movie logo and MMS DX series title

Artists:
-Head Sculpted by Arnie Kim
-Head Painted by JC. Hong
-Head Art Directed by Yulli & Kojun

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

Release date: Q3, 2011

© 2011 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM.

Remember the Simpsons episode where Mr. Burns asks Smithers to get him Steve Spielberg's Non-Unionized equivalent?? That's what this looks like, Harrison Fords non-unionized equivalent... As hard as i try I just don't see Ford in the sculpt. Had this figure been released 4-5 years ago this would have been the definite Indiana Jones. I just hope that Hot Toys decides to re-visist the sculpt. The clothing and Staff of Ra accessories do look great though. I'll wait and see before I pull the trigger.

I think he looks great, easily the best Indy figure I've seen. If Arnie is tweaking him, can't wait to see how close he'll get. :)

When does Sideshow usually put new figs up? Maybe next Thursday?

The most I'd pay for this is around $200 and that's if it ends up looking more like Ford. If I had my choice between Indy or Sparrow DX in this price range, I'd pick Sparrow.

$230? Or $250? This really should be $199 tops, pfft $230 and there goes my 2nd Indy I was going to pick up. For half-assed that's a bit much...if that's true.

That is true it is a lot off money but if we want to stay in this hobby, we don't have much choice in what they charge for these figs. I wished they all cost the same as the Platoon line.

Well there's always hope in the revisions, but particularly with that latest comparison, I fight to see the Ford in Arnie's sculpt, Trev's jump out immediately to me. The HT paint job is fantastic and makes me feel like it's a great portrait but I just don't feel like I'm looking at Ford. To me this is all around their weakest figure in a long time but it would be nice if improvements are made, I'd like an HT level Indy.

167514_488155237343_58690437343_6403172_2157210_n.jpg

I'm bothered like others about the hat sitting high on the head. If the hat/hair is one piece then I'm not sure how the hat will be adjustable. Sculpt is soft to me. Jacket looks sharp though.

I'm not really feeling the jacket either... looks well made, but maybe too thick to really get that worn look Indy's jacket had.

too bad there aren't two headsculpts, a smirking & serious portriat. but i suppose HT will put out several indys and we will see a smirking in the not so distant future.

:whip

too bad there aren't two headsculpts, a smirking & serious portriat. but i suppose HT will put out several indys and we will see a smirking in the not so distant future.

:whip

Unless this figure is a big success, which it doesn't seem like it's going to be at the moment, at least compared to other HT figures, this could easily be the one and only HT Indy figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back