Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hat.jpg

after & before

Last edited:
Very confusing.

a) If he has a 2nd hair sculpt, does that mean the hat isn't removable? And if it isn't, why does it sit so high?

b) If it is removable, why the need for the 2nd hair sculpt?

If it is because the hair underneath the hat looks bad with the hat off, why have it there at all?

Just use Sideshow's original option of 2 heads, one with hat one with out, and a separate hat for holding in his hands.

Its like they've combined the worst of all the available options.

Very confusing.

a) If he has a 2nd hair sculpt, does that mean the hat isn't removable? And if it isn't, why does it sit so high?

If it is because the hair underneath the hat looks bad with the hat off, why have it there at all?

Just use Sideshow's original option of 2 heads, one with hat one with out, and a separate hat for holding in his hands.

Because he has a second outfit :duh

He didn't wear his hat in the Map Room outfit, thus needs seperate hair for that outfit.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but what if, like the Chris Taylor fig, you put the hat on without any of the hair sculpts. Wonder if it would fit better.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but what if, like the Chris Taylor fig, you put the hat on without any of the hair sculpts. Wonder if it would fit better.

If not that then I would hope that a little blast from the hairdryer would help re-set the hat.

Of course, the hat might look better shoved forward like that. It didn't look right set back at the Tokyo show... and this is the same hat, it hasn't been "fixed".

What do you guys think we are looking at for price? Below 199 or higher? I'm a starving student here so I'm hoping for something in the 150-200 range.. please hot toys? haha

Yeah hopefully they will fix it but hats has always been an issue for them. Their slowly getting better at it so hopefully they listen and fix the issue. The more I look at the jacket the more I don't like it. It needs more weathering and to be more fitting. Another thing, I hope the whip is pose able, I mean that it would be cool if it had a wire or something so we could capture the action scenes. But none of this matters if they don't tweak the sculpt a bit. It's so close which makes me think that when it's released it will be great. Make it happen Hot Toys!

Very confusing.

Because he has a second outfit :duh

He didn't wear his hat in the Map Room outfit, thus needs seperate hair for that outfit.

Could be....but doesn't really answer my question.

But whats wrong with the hair under the hat for the map room? ...if the hat is removeable?
...and if its not removeable, why does it sit so high and look wrong?

PERS requires removable hair, so I'm assuming the "under the hat" hairpiece would be incomplete - essentially nothing above hat brim, just back and sides, and the other hairpiece would be the complete head of hair for no-hat display. They did that extra "half hairpiece" so the hat could be dislpayed separately in his hand or whatever and not glued into the hat. Why it sits high/wrong is maybe just the photographer's fault (hopefully...)

Could be....but doesn't really answer my question.

But whats wrong with the hair under the hat for the map room? ...if the hat is removeable?
...and if its not removeable, why does it sit so high and look wrong?

The photoshop hat mod does look much better. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I actually think the Ford likeness is pretty good. I just hate the huge ill fitting hat.
I also hate the PERS. They should scrap them. They were fun with The Joker, okay with Batman, and now it's just gimmicky, unnecessary, and spoiling an otherwise strong sculpt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back