Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The head really connects strangely to the neck too. Never noticed one like this. Its just odd. Is that because of the PERS system inside the head -- so they have to have the neck connect at a lower point?

Wouldn't the PERS knob just be in the back of his head since the hair is removable?

"Helloooo soldier boy... sucky, sucky five dollar?

IMGP9998.JPG

By Boot25??? Oooooo, please post, I want to see it again!

What happened to that guy? Also now I will wait for Flo to post and NAM to rip on his eyes. :thud:

I guess John got into a bad car wreck. Back when I got this painted by him, Nam said the eyes looked as if they were crossed, and they do look that way in the first shot that John provided. Anyway, John sent me the head and told me to pay him only if I was 100% satisfied. When I got it in hand and really liked it he refused to accept my payment and only asked that I use him again for future commissions. He's a really good dude, though I know that remark might get some people around here that worked up since he may or may not still have a few heads from before the time he got was hurt that have yet to be returned. (So I'm clear, that's not an invite to debate his business practices here in this thread) Here's a few different pics:

179ef334.jpg

DSCF1205.jpg

100_1727.jpg

100_1715.jpg

100_1726.jpg

FLOSI make a WTB jacket thread. There has to be someone who can make one for about 100. For a doll.

For what? My Indy?

Nice. Boot always does very light, romanticized eyes.

Is that the Medicom jacket sandpapered? Wouldn't have thought that it would fit.

You'd never believe it but it's a Relic Hunter jacket that I've modded the crap out of. It looks different now then it did in these shots but I tore out all the liner, removed the zipper, cut a layer of leather off the collar and weathered the crap out of it.... The loose, frayed ends are all gone and it looks better than anything I've tried, outside of going the Sovereign Studios (do not trust) or Kato (too much $$$$) route. I'd love to grab a SS jacket here in the commerce section but I always miss out when they pop up.

Whatever happened to that mysterious sculpt that was displayed with the map room outfit a few conventions ago?

View attachment 40018

I just think the turban is hiding the jawline and since there's no hat there's nothing to cast a shadow over the PERS eyes, so no eyeliner look. You just get more of what's good about the sculpt in this shot, at least that's the way I see it. :dunno

Since we have established that my photos suck, let’s see some more from today. I now get that they are going for an “Opening Sequence” Indy, when he first uses the whip, if this figure resembles anything, it is that variation. I am starting to see Indy in there, but again, when compared with the Christopher Reeve Superman, this is a let down.

indiana_jones_wearing_his_hat.jpg

photo-74.png

photo-66.jpg

Screenshot2011-10-15at22800AM.png

photo-35.jpg

photo-62.jpg

Yeah, I figure OMG's pics are giving us a look of the figure in the most flattering way possible, and it's just not even close. I am considering keeping the PO for the map-room look (just keep his face covered as much as possible) and to replace my Sideshow clothes with the DX clothes, but I hate the message I'm sending to HT by doing that :lol

And I completely agree with the Mike. PERS sucks ass. I think the flaws with this sculpt go well beyond that, but I'm also confident that the PERS makes things worse than they would have otherwise been. Most of the people clamoring for "DX figure X" just want a fancy figure with nifty accessories. There aren't many people around here going nuts over the googly eye gimmick anymore based on my observations. Do away with it! I don't think it's a coincidence that DX Joker, Michael Jackson, this, and Luke are some of the worse likenesses we've seen from HT in the last few years. Toss out the light up figures and other gimmicky crap while you're at it, if you please.

I can't get over his eyes.

Everytime I look at his face, I feel like I need to take a shower.

It's like he's banging my wife and then is looking at my kid all kinds of weird. :horror

I definitely see ford in that last.... but the hat... seems a tad... large?

Yeah, I figure OMG's pics are giving us a look of the figure in the most flattering way possible, and it's just not even close. I am considering keeping the PO for the map-room look (just keep his face covered as much as possible) and to replace my Sideshow clothes with the DX clothes, but I hate the message I'm sending to HT by doing that :lol

And I completely agree with the Mike. PERS sucks ass. I think the flaws with this sculpt go well beyond that, but I'm also confident that the PERS makes things worse than they would have otherwise been. Most of the people clamoring for "DX figure X" just want a fancy figure with nifty accessories. There aren't many people around here going nuts over the googly eye gimmick anymore based on my observations. Do away with it! I don't think it's a coincidence that DX Joker, Michael Jackson, this, and Luke are some of the worse likenesses we've seen from HT in the last few years. Toss out the light up figures and other gimmicky crap while you're at it, if you please.

First paragraph is a :nono :nono

Second one is a :exactly::goodpost::lecture:goodpost::exactly:

Why am I getting the feeling that the 'Bay is going to be FLOODED with PERS Jones heads from all those upgrading their various other Indy's with some of the clothes/gear from this figure. :monkey1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back