Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They merged another thread with this one. Now nothing makes any sense so the thread has died. Almost like this figure already has. No amount of OMG pics can save it from the bad sculpt that it is. I'm off. Later everyone.

What are you going back to troll on the Hot Toys Superman thread again?

I agree. Stupid question, but are the headsculpts pliable when heated? If so, I wonder if we can just tweak the jawline that way...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Not in a substantial sort of way... but in the past people have altered sculpts by adding or subtracting to get a better look.

Darren Carnall was a master at taking an off sculpt and bringing it around.

I see a lot of Ford here and there but something just wrong. Paint job looks good tho. The material that use on the jacket had me worry.

97f5b16e.jpg

ade67c9b.jpg

34e9f617.jpg

53b2bf8b.jpg

2bb1bb33.jpg

8ebd93ff.jpg

1445bf56.jpg

9974b088.jpg

e50483c1.jpg

eb77621c.jpg

Is not really that bad but for this price tag I regret getting it.

Wow!!! OMG!!
Thanks for the amazing pics!!
Personally I think it looks absolutely fantastic!
Much better than the proto IMO...
Hat sits better, and likeness looks great!
My only complaint would be the jacket... but I have a Sovereign studios one, so depending on how it looks in hand, I might switch it...

Best Indy figure ever released!!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, I don't want to spend more on a jacket than a figure. But it was a nice KOTCS jacket. Is Sovereign still in business?

I think he still sells stuff on eBay and people list the jacket in the WTB section from time to time. Although even on eBay I think he's been getting negative feedback for falling behind.

Although I personally think his jacket is the best looking on a figure... the material he used bunches up very realistically and has that great broken-in look:

ccu.jpg

I bought mine from a fellow board member for around $60.

The PERS really makes the HS look off. I think this figure would have been better off without it. It has those doll looking eyes.

I like it. Looks like the key is using the PERS, to get as much eye white as possible. Anything else does indeed look off.

:lol Tons of you are posting that you hate this while I'm wondering how much it'll cost to get enough to kitbash the Map room look without buying a whole other Indy.

tumblr_lnl1n9FfEQ1qk94hbo1_500.gif

By my calculations $150, less if you just use a regular TrueType. I'm right there with you boss!

I'm going to pass on this one.

I totally hate doing it, but there's just something...wrong...about this sculpt. It might be a combination of the PERS and the expression that was chosen, but whatever it is I'm going to stop analyzing and just move on and save myself $250.

The pics aren't that bad, but I don't think this figure is worth the asking price. Maybe down the road with Temple I'll jump on an Indy figure from Hot Toys.

Turban, robe and staff would be all I need to perfect my Map Room version, still, I know I'm a parts junkie when it comes to Indy so it would be easier to just get the whole damn thing and sell what I don't want. I have it POd at 215.

Turban, robe and staff would be all I need to perfect my Map Room version, still, I know I'm a parts junkie when it comes to Indy so it would be easier to just get the whole damn thing and sell what I don't want. I have it POd at 215.

Toy Anxiety?

Turban, robe and staff would be all I need to perfect my Map Room version, still, I know I'm a parts junkie when it comes to Indy so it would be easier to just get the whole damn thing and sell what I don't want.

Lol and I wanna sell all what you need :lol
Hope there will be moar ppl like you :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back