Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Map-room outfit and staff of Ra looks good.

Absolutely! I still would have liked to see Sideshow produce this figure. I would have happily laid down 89.99 for this guy over the German Disguise and his crappy inaccurate rocket launcher and lack of new and bloody hatless head. The exclusive could have been the Nazi flag rope! What a missed opportunity!

I also like how the Hot Toys version comes with the note book. I purchased the Henry Sr. custom grail diary from a member a while back and it's fantastic. Adds a lot of small detail to Henry Sr. that the plastic book took away.

What do you like about the DX05?

As we all know the DX05 is generally a dissapointment, but I started this thread to find out what everybody likes about it . We already know what you don't like . Please try not to be negative.

Excellent ideas. They could have even offered a special map room base, where you could insert the staff of Ra into. Don't forget the little broom that he uses to wipe away the sand. ;)

As most of you know the DX05 Indy is generally a dissapointment,but what do you like about the figure? All people are talking about is what they don't like but this thread is for the positive side.Please try not to post negative things!

A second thread (albeit trying to aim for a new tone) is unnecessary. Let's keep all of the conversation (and hopefully it's respectful) in the same place.

As we all know the DX05 is generally a dissapointment, but I started this thread to find out what everybody likes about it . We already know what you don't like . Please try not to be negative.

Ahem, I'll try this.... again...

A second-- er, third, thread (albeit trying to aim for a new tone) is unnecessary. Let's keep all of the conversation (and hopefully it's respectful) in the same place.

Thanks.

I agree. It's all one conversation, that will continue to morph as we get closer to release and start to see some revisions (it could happen!)

Worst figure to come out from the DX line.

*Runs away*

Lets wait for an update from Hot Toys until we go that far. The only things I think is wrong with the figure is the jacket and gunbelt, everything else is pretty good to me!

Lets wait for an update from Hot Toys until we go that far. The only things I think is wrong with the figure is the jacket and gunbelt, everything else is pretty good to me!

beer_goggles.jpg

I went back to the first page and took another look at the photos of the figure and everthing that is supposed to come with it, and came to the following conclusion:

All I really want is the Map-room outfit, staff of Ra, the leather jacket* and maybe the pedestal (as I don't have the SS one at the moment). And even these pieces are not "must-haves" for me, as I'm content with my current custom Indy.

* still not convinced on the jacket, but if the sleeves are longer than the SS one, I'll have to bite.

I went back to the first page and took another look at the photos of the figure and everthing that is supposed to come with it, and came to the following conclusion:

All I really want is the Map-room outfit, staff of Ra, the leather jacket* and maybe the pedestal (as I don't have the SS one at the moment). And even these pieces are not "must-haves" for me, as I'm content with my current custom Indy.

* still not convinced on the jacket, but if the sleeves are longer than the SS one, I'll have to bite.

I think Toy Anxiety will be doing a pre-order parts breakdown for Indy... I'd suggest going that route if you only want a few pieces. Or you could buy one and break it down and sell off the pieces you want... sometimes you can keep some stuff and still recoup your expenses.

I find it mind boggling that HT could release so many fantastic headsculpts over the last couple of years for smaller licenses, and that they could get something this big, so badly wrong.

I'm hoping for a new sculpt, they have listened in the past.
Weather the clothes and change the sculpt, c'mon HT!

I think Toy Anxiety will be doing a pre-order parts breakdown for Indy... I'd suggest going that route if you only want a few pieces. Or you could buy one and break it down and sell off the pieces you want... sometimes you can keep some stuff and still recoup your expenses.

Yep, I've been contemplating both options:

1) Getting the fig and selling off what I don't want...

2) Picking up just the loose pieces.

Probably will go with the 2nd option. Less of a hassle.

Yeah, the only time I go with option 1 is if I need the base body like Wolverine, or Perseus. If its just a few smaller items you usually come out about the same just buying the individual parts... and TA is always a good option :rock

Should be within the next week! :chew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back