Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people come in here and complain of others disgussing their opinions about a figure. Look around, there are tons of other threads about other figures that go on and on as well. This one just happens to go on and on in a negative way because of people being disappointed with the look of the figure. However that is why these threads are created. This particular one is to discuss this Indy figure. If people are against what is being discussed in here, move on and post in other threads. I don't get why some members get bothered by this. If you think people in here are beating a dead horse, then go elsewhere. However for people who feel like beating a dead horse or intend on offering a different opinion on the figure, then post here.

I don't understand why people come in here and complain of others disgussing their opinions about a figure. Look around, there are tons of other threads about other figures that go on and on as well. This one just happens to go on and on in a negative way because of people being disappointed with the look of the figure. However that is why these threads are created. This particular one is to discuss this Indy figure. If people are against what is being discussed in here, move on and post in other threads. I don't get why some members get bothered by this. If you think people in here are beating a dead horse, then go elsewhere. However for people who feel like beating a dead horse or intend on offering a different opinion on the figure, then post here.

Joe.

I think what part of that issue is, is that some members see an update or bump as possibly meaning that there is an actual UPDATE or new pictures or something concrete, only to find they are only seeing the continous proverbial dead horse beating.

of course there are those of us who find it all entertaining

those that just like to see their own name and avatar

and since this is a community of presumably grown people who play with toys, those of us who just like to throw tantrums, lie on the floor, kick our feet and call the other kids bad names.

hope this explains it

I think that pretty much says it all Jimmy. While I don't subscribe to the theory of "complaining about the complainers", it is more than a little frustrating to read the same lame arguments ad nauseum. I respect other's opinion, whether they agree with mine or not. I am all for a healthy discussion/debate but not when it degrades to berating someone or to petty name calling because they don't agree with you.

I, for one, preordered this figure. I like what I have seen so far. I see some areas fro improvement, and hope they do improve them. I'm highly optomistic that Indy will look great in hand. Even if he shows up on my doorstep lookng just like he does in current photos, I will be happy. I will be spending my own money on him, money that I earned and saved, and I am pretty sure that, by purchasing this figure, I won't be harming anyone else. I really don't think I will be sending Hot Toys a message that "it is ok if they make crap figures" by purchasing this figure, I'm pretty sure they don't care. If not a single person bought it, that might be a message.

The more I think about the figure... even with everything perfect (which will never happen) I find paying $250 for a standardish figure to be too much. At $200 I'd be down, but I just don't see justification for the increase in price over a figure like the DX-04 which for $220 you get a similar amount of stuff and an extra Body though Sideshow.

Last edited:
Though, in fairness, the $250 figure is Sideshow's price. Prices in general are gonna be closer to $225, which splits the difference in your acceptable cost and your unacceptable cost.

https://www.cornerstorecomics.com/i...oduct_ID=5017&Category_ID=0&ChildCategory_ID=

I know folks are using the Sideshow MSRP price as a standardized means of comparing relative HT prices, but the figure won't cost $250 from most places. Still not cheap, and maybe that $25 doesn't mean much. But if $50 does. . .I guess it still isn't clear to me where folks are drawing a line in the sand between "willing to pay" and "not willing to pay" for a fancy HT figure, disregarding the whole issue of how good a representation of a character that figure is.

And of course, this all comes back to cost, even though a few pages back I was told that the only debate here was over the figure itself, and that cost played no real role :D

I suspect that the extra cost is due to licensing issues. Nothing else really seems to explain it.

Though, in fairness, the $250 figure is Sideshow's price. Prices in general are gonna be closer to $225, which splits the difference in your acceptable cost and your unacceptable cost.

https://www.cornerstorecomics.com/i...oduct_ID=5017&Category_ID=0&ChildCategory_ID=

I know folks are using the Sideshow MSRP price as a standardized means of comparing relative HT prices, but the figure won't cost $250 from most places. Still not cheap, and maybe that $25 doesn't mean much. But if $50 does. . .I guess it still isn't clear to me where folks are drawing a line in the sand between "willing to pay" and "not willing to pay" for a fancy HT figure, disregarding the whole issue of how good a representation of a character that figure is.

And of course, this all comes back to cost, even though a few pages back I was told that the only debate here was over the figure itself, and that cost played no real role :D

I suspect that the extra cost is due to licensing issues. Nothing else really seems to explain it.

It seems as though everyone who is offering it for sale/preorder other than Cotswold and Sideshow themselves is asking 225 w/o any NRD

1/6 figs are getting more and more expensive. Seems only a year or 2 ago folks were complaining about Sideshow's Indy being 90 USD (before all the in-hand complaints) and the SS GI Joe's being over 100.
Now seems everything we are looking at is 100+.
My biggest objection to the HT Indy and it's price-point is what would it cost w/o the idol pedestal ? (of which I already own the SS version)

I see your point... but I'm using MSRP on both from Sideshow; you can get both figures from retailers for 10% less which still ends up as $180 for BL and $225 for Indy... leaving a $45 gap between the two.

And of course if you bought BL direct from Sideshow for $5 less than a 10% off Indy you get a 2nd unique body.

There may have been more takers if this had been a straightforward MM with less accessories and no pedestal. If that had then sold well, I think that would have been the time to go ahead with a DX.

The success of the Joker shows that this can work. The first MM was ok, the Bank Robber was sublime and the DX was plain amazing. The first Narrow TT all but disappeared due to people buying it to make the cop.

Had the Indy project been thought through a little better, this thread would have been a hell of a lot shorter!

CHEERS!

There may have been more takers if this had been a straightforward MM with less accessories and no pedestal. If that had then sold well, I think that would have been the time to go ahead with a DX.

The success of the Joker shows that this can work. The first MM was ok, the Bank Robber was sublime and the DX was plain amazing. The first Narrow TT all but disappeared due to people buying it to make the cop.

Had the Indy project been thought through a little better, this thread would have been a hell of a lot shorter!

CHEERS!

Another option (and fairer) would have been to offer the pedestal as a separate item or both a regular and a deluxe set choice

I guess I would like to enter an alternate reality where HT shaved, say, $30 off the price and didn't include the pedestal. I'm thinking complaints would be equally vociferous, but maybe there is some threshold value that the mass of HT collectors are just not willing to cross. I think people ultimately accepted the pricey T-800 figure. So maybe that's $210. Maybe it's $220. Clearly, $250 seems to be unacceptable. I'm genuinely curious as to where this figure lies, and to where that might change over, say, the next 2-3 years.

Another option (and fairer) would have been to offer the pedestal as a separate item or both a regular and a deluxe set choice

Certainly, though HT tend to be all or nothing, optional extras are more SSC territory. Doing a DX with all bells and whistles could have been done later when demand for the MM was sated. I think you have to suit all pockets and not just those that can afford DX figures straight away.

Whatever, it looks like HT have moved on to shouting about their Bruce Lees, something that Arnie can get right and something they'll sell loads of no matter what the price is.

CHEERS!

I guess I would like to enter an alternate reality where HT shaved, say, $30 off the price and didn't include the pedestal. I'm thinking complaints would be equally vociferous, but maybe there is some threshold value that the mass of HT collectors are just not willing to cross. I think people ultimately accepted the pricey T-800 figure. So maybe that's $210. Maybe it's $220. Clearly, $250 seems to be unacceptable. I'm genuinely curious as to where this figure lies, and to where that might change over, say, the next 2-3 years.

If they got him right I'd cheerfully join you!

CHEERS!

I think the Pedestal and cheesey backdrops could have been axed if it were necessary to drop the price... hell even the chanmber outfit isn't that necessary.

I have a feeling the figure may be a bit slow to sell out (which is common for HT figures now anyways) but long term will still sell for well over retail once its gone. Just look at the DX Joker and Batman; those figures are selling for 3x what they retailed for; and both are of previous HT releases.

One of the best examples there are the Mark II. It was on Sideshow's Gift Card list (the exclusive, that is) and rotted there. They started giving it away in contests left and right just to clear out stock. Now, it consistently sells for over $500.

These things do tend to develop a momentum as time goes by. Still kicking myself for skipping out on the Mark I when I thought $150 was just too much for it.

Yeah, I hear you on the Mark I and II... I had both on order at different times, and even passed on them at a local Hastings when they were still hovering or just above retail.

Now they've both exploded in price... especially the Mark I fetching over $700 :cuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back